Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708484 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Well I guess I would die. I mean in all realism chances are I would die. There is no strategy that does not involve a lot of luck and not loosing my nerve, so I'm going to lock in 'Welp, I'm fucked!'
Against a cougar? Should be a tad more killable.
Break ya neck.

To be fair though, all cases can be solved by being covered in eagles and dogs trained to your virtuous cause 24/7.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Well I guess I would die. I mean in all realism chances are I would die. There is no strategy that does not involve a lot of luck and not loosing my nerve, so I'm going to lock in 'Welp, I'm fucked!'
Against a cougar? Should be a tad more killable.
Break ya neck.

To be fair though, all cases can be solved by being covered in eagles and dogs trained to your virtuous cause 24/7.
Hmm ... so if it jumps at me like so, then ajkhtiaufaghdskifugauifgasudg

*Xantalos descends into mumbling*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Don't know if it's true, but I've heard one story about a guy who was confronted by a bear while hiking in the mountains.  It stood up and roared at him.  He roared back at it, as loud as he could.  The bear left.

If that doesn't work (and you refuse to play dead, which is what you're supposed to do), shoving your knife down the bear's throat might not be the worst idea.  Stabbing it in the eye would be better, but I imagine you'd get one shot before you're knocked to the ground and being helplessly mauled.  Since the bear will likely be trying to bite you anyway, you would probably have a better chance of getting your hand down its throat, or the attempt might even confuse it.  Keep as firm a grip as possible on that knife and tear its throat up.  You'll fuck up your arm horribly, but the rest of you might not get mauled as badly as it would have otherwise before the bear starts desperately choking and trying to get away from this horrible poison.  Animals generally will not fight through vital wounds unless they're cornered or defending their offspring.

Disclaimer:  I could be horribly wrong.  This is my completely unprofessional reaction to Loud Whisper's idea.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

To be fair it's not my idea, it's some other guy's idea.

It worked.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't know if it's true, but I've heard one story about a guy who was confronted by a bear while hiking in the mountains.  It stood up and roared at him.  He roared back at it, as loud as he could.  The bear left.

If that doesn't work (and you refuse to play dead, which is what you're supposed to do), shoving your knife down the bear's throat might not be the worst idea.  Stabbing it in the eye would be better, but I imagine you'd get one shot before you're knocked to the ground and being helplessly mauled.  Since the bear will likely be trying to bite you anyway, you would probably have a better chance of getting your hand down its throat, or the attempt might even confuse it.  Keep as firm a grip as possible on that knife and tear its throat up.  You'll fuck up your arm horribly, but the rest of you might not get mauled as badly as it would have otherwise before the bear starts desperately choking and trying to get away from this horrible poison.  Animals generally will not fight through vital wounds unless they're cornered or defending their offspring.

Disclaimer:  I could be horribly wrong.  This is my completely unprofessional reaction to Loud Whisper's idea.
Note for cougarfighting that will probably never work: If you're pinned by the couger, it must be male for this to work.
1. Kick it in the nuts.
2. Get the hell out from under cougar.
3.Stabstabstab
Sig! Onol

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Note for cougarfighting that will probably never work: If you're pinned by the couger, it must be male for this to work.
1. Kick it in the nuts.
2. Get the hell out from under cougar.
3.Stabstabstab

1. Dig a hole.
2. Cover hole with big rock.
3. Cry self into coma.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And thus the thread was derailed with speculation on how to kill a cougar.
Sig! Onol

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Really, if anyone is ever confronted by a vicious animal and it's highly unlikely they'll survive, they may as well go out in style. Just think of what people would say when they heard that their friend died by running up to a bear, and punching it in the face. Hell, I doubt they'd be talking more about how fucking awesome that was than how sad they were that you died.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Really, if anyone is ever confronted by a vicious animal and it's highly unlikely they'll survive, they may as well go out in style. Just think of what people would say when they heard that their friend died by running up to a bear, and punching it in the face. Hell, I doubt they'd be talking more about how fucking awesome that was than how sad they were that you died.
This. Flying sidekick go!
Sig! Onol

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

... did Batman ever bludgeon a bear to death with Robin? Also that... that might be euphemism? Gods, I don't know. I don't think I want to know.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

... did Batman ever bludgeon a bear to death with Robin? Also that... that might be euphemism? Gods, I don't know. I don't think I want to know.
Batman: beating grizzly bears to death with small birds since the 1940s.
Sig! Onol

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Why not?  He boxed with Superman.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why not?  He boxed with Superman.
To a stalemate, no less.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

IIRC, punching a Bear in the face is actually a good idea - it has a massive number of nerve endings in its nose and a good old bop to them has been known to make them run away (that last bit is sketchy - I might actually mean "flip thier shit"). You can't outrun them, climbing a tree won't work, playing dead, small or angry tends not to work.

Sharks, now smacking them in the nose is a good idea, if you can manage it through water. Again, lots of nerve endings in that spot that wont respond in a positive manner to a bopping.
This is a blank sig.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

I've heard that punching sharks in the gills can also have that effect. I guess it would be like punching a human in the throat.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1486 1487 [1488] 1489 1490 ... 3345