Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708544 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

This man is Reddit. Seriously. I'm pretty sure all the energy from the discussions of Reddit has ultimately coalesced into this dude.

If you've ever wanted to know what Reddit is like, click the link. But beware.
Why.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

(potential OKCupid discussion redacted for sanity)

Specifically I meant bronies. Whether you're celebrating or denigrating them, don't do it in this thread or drive the conversation in that direction. It's what Toady wants and it's only fair to bronies who, sort of by the rules, don't get a chance to defend their interest.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

...paying to go in to work today. Going to tell them not to bother giving me short shifts outside my home city unless they pay me dramatically more.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Daaayum. Now I see why my OKCupid profile actually got a fair amount of attention despite being sans pic. Apparently my competition is seriously minor league.  ???

"OMG you can write well and you're not an asshole! TAKE ME NOW"  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously fucking hate my job. I have told the Department of Labor pretty consistently that food service(particularly the low-grade resteraunt setting I am in now) is not an option for me, and this asshole psychology professor who handles DoL workers at this college sticks me in there. I can't deal with the stress, particularly since I have more stress than I know how get rid of through self-inflicted injury at home. Yesterday was the worst so far.

First, when I was asked to grab FOUR small bags of chips to restrock the front(plus a few other things if we had them, which we didn't), and the general manager of the cafeteria tells me off for carrying only four things per trip(mind you, the previous trip to the stock room, I carried out five single-serve cups of cereal, a roll of paper cups, and a few more bags of chips, in one arm), and seems to have had a problem with me saying that was all I was told to get. Not just what she said, they way she said this is something I will not tolerate from any employer, ever( again, since this is not the first time an employer has used that particular tone with me).
Next, I get yelled at by the afternoon supervisor for not stocking the bottled water, something I wasn't told to do(and wasn't aware was needing doing, since there's something called a solid fucking wall between where I was and that rack with the bottled water), and then she takes the oppurtunity to yell at me for not doing a few other things I was not told to do.

I really hate the people I work with. The manager is a bitch. The morning supervisor talks to me like I'm a child, which I don't appreciate. The afternoon supervisor a goddamned harpy.

And the psychology professor is a faker. He claims to be all about diversity(he's head of Multiculturaly Affairs), but every single thing in his office is about African culture(he is black). Nothing else. Nothing on East Asian culture, nothing on Middle Eastern culture, nothing. So much for diversity. And his entire office staff consists of black women more or less his age.

...And this morning I discovered that my asshole stepdad took the cream cheese from the fridge. No reason, only he saw me using it last night. Not the first time this has happen. All week, entire loaves of bread have disappeared in this manner.
My crappy mouse, the only mouse that works on this computer for unknown reasons (Thread about this problem was made and not posted in), is really beginning to pack in. Half the left clicks aren't picked up, and when they are, the mouse tends to do 2-3 clicks instead of 1.

I need to get this looked into. It's really pissing me off.
My mouse does the same thing. It's been getting worse recently. Meh, a new mouse would be like $10 anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

The afternoon supervisor a goddamned harpy.

So she wants the D for all herself?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a thought. Other than being d bags, being a department of labor hire probably makes you less than human in their book. Salaried or full-time people tend to look down on workers they get from employment sources like the DoL, Temp Agencies and such. Particularly because of the quality of worker you often get through those sources. I mean, as far as they're concerned, you're an expendable resource and there's plenty more where you came from.

Personally, as soon as you have an opportunity to get a job on your own terms, do it. Temp agencies can be better because of the type of work they're associated with. Workforce outfits, however, are there to fill any job possible with low-paid workers with no real prospects of advancement. They're sweat shop staffing agencies, and the kinds of places that draw employees from them don't care about equality or good workers...otherwise they'd fucking find their own instead of just taking whatever they get handed by the DoL.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Making forays into the blighted realm of Twitter to try and keep up to date on any changes on the Korean Peninsula.

Discovering that I hate Twitter (or more precisely, most of its users) with an unholy passion. #youpeoplearefuckwitsandyou'renotfunny

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Follow people you do not hate >.<

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'm not following anybody, just getting the search aggregate on #northkorea.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even people you like tend to post inane shit about 50% of the time. Or do you really care what x thinks of the sandwich they just ate?

It's funny, I hardly log on to FB ever. Yet I see email updates about stuff I missed...you know what it says I missed? People replying to their own comments. Of course, they're probably replying to someone that replied and it's only showing me people I've friend as having commented.....but I think it's actually a truthful representation of your average social media communication. It's people talking about themselves. I don't have time to waste on that shit, and even when I do, I wouldn't.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Ah. I mostly use Twitter because Richard Dawkins and Rickey Gervais are hilarious. Well, the people who disagree with them on Twitter are :P.

You should follow Rickey Gervais just for his bathroom pics...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Fuck it, I had to kill the Twitter page. Too much loathing for mankind and starting to hold out secret hope that North Korea had a doomsday device. D:

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 04:27:33 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1484 1485 [1486] 1487 1488 ... 3345