Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708747 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I was able to use mind-wipe technology to prevent the worst of it. Some scarring will definitedly remain though
Class B amnesiac? You might have to move up to using [DATA EXPUNGED].

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I was able to use mind-wipe technology to prevent the worst of it. Some scarring will definitedly remain though
Class B amnesiac? You might have to move up to using [DATA EXPUNGED].

Can I have mind bleach for "The Binding of Issac"? I don't like that game...
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, for some reason my back has been hurting like hell since yesterday, particularly around my stomach. Unfortunately, the muscle exertion to keep my back from bending at painful angles has made my stomach hurt like hell.

The pain in my back has begun to wear down, but I think my stomach is getting worse. :-\
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Why are people talking about Corruption of Champions, and more importantly why the fuck is anyone saying they publicly enjoy it? I mean, not that enjoying it is wrong. But you generally don't talk about how you enjoy a game in which the sole purpose is to fuck everything that moves with your twenty eight inch shlong on a forum like this.
"Nothing wrong with it" followed by "should hide it" = confusion.

Why should I be ashamed of something that isn't a problem?

(I'm still careful with my words here, but that's because of board rules, not that I personally think stuff like this should be hidden)

Quote from: Solifuge
So yeah. Smut is fine, sure. And outlandish smut-related fantasies about the aforementioned twenty-eight-inch schlongs and whatever can be fine, but... there are other things I don't feel it's healthy for people to fantasize about. Things like abuse and sexual exploitation. And that game just revels in them.
I think violence and murder are reprehensible too, and I don't have a problem with, say, slasher films. Or super violent video games. These things quite literally glorify bloody murder, and people enjoy them, and I don't care.

So long as it stays strictly in the realm of fantasy, I don't have a problem with it. "It" in this case being sexual doesn't change that.

For the record, I'll point out that the game in question quite literally demonizes rape/etc. Evil creatures and characters participate in it, not good ones. "Corruption" is in the title, after all.

Fetishization definitely hurts real people.
Assuming irony, but not sure.

I wish I hadn't googled it to find out wtf you were talking about

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No seriously, there's actually a second reason I'm being careful with my words here. People have a right to not be grossed out. Back to the slasher film analogy, I wouldn't like to see random images of people getting violently dismembered, despite not caring about other people enjoying them. I'll accept talking publicly about this sort of thing being a faux pas on this basis, though that's not a good reason to be ashamed of it or anything.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

I fucking hate trying to get multiple monitors to work like I want them... Trying to get my two screens and my tv to work at the same time has now led to me to only have picture on my secondary computer screen, unless my main computer screen is plugged in upon which my secondary screen gets extended status but I GET NO PRIMARY SCREEN so I can't actually do anything now...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

God did not intend mankind to use multiple screens at the same time.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Ok... managed to get my main and secondary screen working correctly. No tv yet though. One of these days I will figure out how to get it like I want it.

Basically I want my secondary screen to extend my main screen, and my tv to mirror whatever is on my main screen. Is that too much to ask?

EDIT: ... .... ... except for some reason I can't get native resolution on my secondary screen now... why dost thou hatest me so?

EDITEDIT: There we go... had to force the resolution in catalyst since I couldn't choose it myself.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 02:02:20 pm by Aptus »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Ok... managed to get my main and secondary screen working correctly. No tv yet though. One of these days I will figure out how to get it like I want it.

Basically I want my secondary screen to extend my main screen, and my tv to mirror whatever is on my main screen. Is that too much to ask?

Probably. The combined resolution of your two monitors is probably not similar to the resolution of your tv.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Probably. The combined resolution of your two monitors is probably not similar to the resolution of your tv.

Damn it, I thought we were supposed to be living in the future. This is unacceptable!

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile

Waking up in the morning without hearing in one ear is annoying, especially when it's not that I'm deaf in that ear, it's just that earwax is blocking it and I can't seem to clean out at all. It makes it harder to hear from my other ear because of the constant noise from the blocked one.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

RNG, why you no 100?

Playing an old goodie, Anvil of Dawn, the inner munchkin in me is causing me severe fingerstrain. In the game there are two specific potions that bring out this problem, one that increases your maximum health by 1d10 and one that increases your maximum mana by 10d10... And I must reload until I get the maximum values... so many reloads...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Waking up in the morning without hearing in one ear is annoying, especially when it's not that I'm deaf in that ear, it's just that earwax is blocking it and I can't seem to clean out at all. It makes it harder to hear from my other ear because of the constant noise from the blocked one.
at least you don't wake up to a nose that suffered from a blood hemorrhage throughout the night almost every week :I

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

RNG, why you no 100?

Playing an old goodie, Anvil of Dawn, the inner munchkin in me is causing me severe fingerstrain. In the game there are two specific potions that bring out this problem, one that increases your maximum health by 1d10 and one that increases your maximum mana by 10d10... And I must reload until I get the maximum values... so many reloads...

The odds of getting 100 with 10d10 are 1 in 10 million... You might want to lower your standards for that one.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

RNG, why you no 100?

The odds of getting 100 with 10d10 are 1 in 10 million... You might want to lower your standards for that one.

But... but... powergaming!

I spent roughly half an hour reloading. I got it down to an art. I will be back game, odds be damned!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:27:24 pm by Aptus »
Pages: 1 ... 1477 1478 [1479] 1480 1481 ... 3345