Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3708737 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Christian friend posted this on Facebook.  I'm not so much offended anymore by the Christian assertion that gay marriage is wrong, I've heard that argument a million times, used to believe in it myself, and thoroughly dismissed it (er... I'm pro gay marriage, 'cause I'm gay @_@ just making that clear).  Christians just don't phase me anymore.  What DOES offend me is when people say the gay rights movement isn't "legitimate" because it doesn't "properly compare" to the civil rights movement.  Bwuh?

And wow, this link is pretty much lining up every argument (plus some weird new ones) I've heard against gay marriage ._.
It says in there that marriage is a model of the relationship between Christ and the church.
Christ was evidently a pansexual and a pedophile.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

I don't know, even if marriage was primarily christian thing it isn't anymore. It's evolved to the point where it's very common in many cultures to get married, regardless of your religious affiliation. So I don't really see how that argument is justifiable.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Nearly every culture ever has had something like marriage. The whole idea of marriage being Christian has been unjustifiable for longer than Christianity has existed.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

"Corruption of Champions"
Aww, I like that game :(

Anyway, the main point you seem to dislike is that someone claimed it had anything to do with trans issues, which it quite obviously does not. Direct your anger at the people claiming such, not the game itself.

The rest of your complaints I won't deal with since they can be summed up as "fetishes I don't personally like." Remember that is it not real, and just entertainment, so save your moral indignation toward people who actually hurt real, existent individuals, not fake violence and harm in a video game.

* kaijyuu imagines he's treading a thin line here considering the content restrictions of this board, so, might want to move to PMs if anyone wants to discuss this further.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

That's weird. My own (Christian) friends are like "Well, God said to be tolerating and to love our neighbors, so it's all cool," and that despite the fact that God kinda said gay is bad in the Old Testament, so are a lot of other stupid things like the hundreds of interesting but fiddly laws God gave to the Israelites...
Well that might be because Christians are people too and some feel that the bible is full of lovely stuff too, so why should it be ignored to the exclusive detriment of others?
It might also be due to the fact that quite a few verses of the bible tell us that we can ignore a bunch of those old laws, while a bunch of other verses tell you that you must follow them.

Really all-in-all the bible is very contradictory about most rules that it passes down. Even things like the 10 commandments suffer from this, when we have an explicit commandment that tells you "Thou shall not kill" and then we have thousands of other verses telling us things like "Whoever curses father or mother shall die".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's weird. My own (Christian) friends are like "Well, God said to be tolerating and to love our neighbors, so it's all cool," and that despite the fact that God kinda said gay is bad in the Old Testament, so are a lot of other stupid things like the hundreds of interesting but fiddly laws God gave to the Israelites...
Well that might be because Christians are people too and some feel that the bible is full of lovely stuff too, so why should it be ignored to the exclusive detriment of others?
It might also be due to the fact that quite a few verses of the bible tell us that we can ignore a bunch of those old laws, while a bunch of other verses tell you that you must follow them.

Really all-in-all the bible is very contradictory about most rules that it passes down. Even things like the 10 commandments suffer from this, when we have an explicit commandment that tells you "Thou shall not kill" and then we have thousands of other verses telling us things like "Whoever curses father or mother shall die".
From what I understand you just don't listen to Leviticus because it damns you for wearing polyester.
Sig! Onol

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Why are people talking about Corruption of Champions, and more importantly why the fuck is anyone saying they publicly enjoy it? I mean, not that enjoying it is wrong. But you generally don't talk about how you enjoy a game in which the sole purpose is to fuck everything that moves with your twenty eight inch shlong on a forum like this.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why are people talking about Corruption of Champions, and more importantly why the fuck is anyone saying they publicly enjoy it? I mean, not that enjoying it is wrong. But you generally don't talk about how you enjoy a game in which the sole purpose is to fuck everything that moves with your twenty eight inch shlong on a forum like this.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Fetishization definitely hurts real people.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I wish I hadn't googled it to find out wtf you were talking about

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS
#RONPAUL2012

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm currently trying to get EA to stop locking me out of the online features of my game so I can play the game more effectively.
It's going about as well as you'd expect.
Sig! Onol

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I tried to save you. Alas, nothing can resist the siren call of soul-corrupting Google Image searches.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I was able to use mind-wipe technology to prevent the worst of it. Some scarring will definitedly remain though
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1476 1477 [1478] 1479 1480 ... 3345