Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709191 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Id go give that guy a wedgie, but its two hard to get up from this chair and i needta get mah social security check. If id ont get it then the poor would, and that aint AMERICA!!!
I think I covered most of the stereotypes there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Hm?  That sounds like an armchair conservative...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Plot twist: armchair liberals and armchair conservatives, while despising each other, are indistinguishable from an outside perspective.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Plot twist: armchair liberals and armchair conservatives, while despising each other, are indistinguishable from an outside perspective.
See: Dr. Seuss, Sneetches
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

There is this supremely annoying guy I sit next to in one of my classes who I think might be Armchair Liberal incarnate. His response to any discussion is essentially the same thing, that being that Americans are all fat, lazy, stupid, greedy manchildren so we deserve any misfortune that befalls us. He more or less is hoping to see the country fall into disarray.

Even my bleeding-heart reels at this guy's obnoxiousness. His voice is really off-putting too, but that might just be because of what he is saying. I'm pretty sure this is the kind of guy conservatives like to pretend all liberals are.
Sounds like Comic Book Guy Liberal.

WORST. AMERICANS. EVER.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Once you pass the Armrest Horizon, you appear reasonable to yourself while outside observers can only see your madness.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally found the way to make an application online for the canada immigration work permit. Worst website ever. Half of the links links to "Service unavailable", no way of contacting them (phone is ... like, reading the website, no human contact), e-mail not working.
Link to apply for the permit I need > doesn't work.
Link for the general visa (thing I don't need) is actually what I need !
Brilliant.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Woah boy. Why is EA so evil.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

dafuq?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

dafuq?
As near as I can tell, EA decided that they didn't want to be seen as homophobic, but also didn't want to risk taking a stand, so they faked a petition to allow their PR people to say, "But look at that! Our customers support equality, so we're only delivering what they want." That's about the most sense I can make out of that mess.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Old news. This was back when SWTOR came out and fans were criticizing the hell out of it. I suppose EA thought to deflect all of the flak they were getting, it'd be best to run a PR campaign where they show how LGBT friendly they are. Ever since Mass Effect 3, EA has been trying to pander to the LGBT community in an attempt to deflect any criticism.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

dafuq?
As near as I can tell, EA decided that they didn't want to be seen as homophobic, but also didn't want to risk taking a stand, so they faked a petition to allow their PR people to say, "But look at that! Our customers support equality, so we're only delivering what they want." That's about the most sense I can make out of that mess.

thus the whole "gulaging all gay romance off to a DLC planet" thing they have in TOR?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

dafuq?

thus the whole "gulaging all gay romance off to a DLC planet" thing they have in TOR?

It wouldn't be the EA we know and despise without underhanded marketing and terrible ideas for DLC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

$1900 to treat six cavities. No dental insurance. No free clinics anywhere anytime soon around here. And, to top it all off, I haven't been drinking any extra soda, putting any more sugar in my coffee, brushing any worse or flossing any less than six months ago. It's just that, after a checkup just six months ago, six cavities materialized after I had no cavities for most of my life.  ::)

It just seems like a scam somehow. When I was little, a pair of braces was $5000 uninsured... but that $5000 paid for three years of regular replacements, checkups, adjustments and any additional work the orthodontist did. I would know, I still wear a retainer every night :P And now I'm expected to pay out of pocket $1900 I don't even have for ONE FUCKING APPOINTMENT of mysteriously-appearing cavity filling?

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile

Sometimes the dentist likes to drill-n-fill any possible start of a cavity, to nip it in the bud.

That is one reason among many why I hate the dentist. Not to mention the whole "hold-still-while-I-drill-inside-your-skull" bit, and the loud, high pitched whine those drills make...

*shudder*
Pages: 1 ... 1470 1471 [1472] 1473 1474 ... 3345