Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709309 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile

Seems that today, every game I've tried to play has utterly shat on my face in varying ways.

That's a pretty... Unique issue.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

So, can you work out who is snowed in with an intermittant electricity supply? Thats right, me. Well done. You win a prize - a handful of snow.
UK, right (Wales sigflag)? Heard there was a snowstorm there. Have they shut down everything yet?

I've had snow since October.

Its embarrasing how badly we deal with snow, as it is always "unexpected" when it happens with alarming regularity at the same time of the year every year. Its the sort of thing people should have got used to by now.
This is a blank sig.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Just wondering where you guys live(Estonia here), because schools never close here because of snow. Only if it's too cold, which is -24°C wind chill, and that's only up to 9th grade. I guess some more rural areas might close(or more like nobody shows up) when there's too much snow, but never heard of such a thing as a snow day here.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

So I discovered the true reasoning behind the QIP policy today.  Don't know why I didn't put this together myself.  A co-worker explained it to me.

Last year, customs raised the value limit and cleaned up a bunch of nitpicky rules on "Informal" shipments.  Those are imports that can be released to the customer before a brokerage entry has been made for review by a customs officer, because they're not considered expensive enough to be important for tax revenue.  Now a much, much larger proportion of the workload is informal.

Before this, the meat of the workforce was level 10 employees, which is where I am.  Our primary job was to process "Formal" shipments, though we process informals too after the formals have been cleared out.  Level 9 employees process "Informal" shipments and get paid about 5% less.  The company now needs a lot less 10s, and a lot more 9s. 

So instead of being any combination of sensible, direct, honest, or humane, they chose to invent a policy with standards that are literally impossible to live up to, to give themselves an excuse to fire most of their main workforce without offering severances or dealing with any of the bad publicity that goes with laying people off for restructuring.  This eliminates any hopes I may have had of simply weathering this thing out.  I'm losing my job soon.  I think a month is the safest estimate of how much time I have left to find another one.
Can you get in trouble for releasing all the info after you lose your job? You could theoretically make them feel that bad publicity anyways, assuming it doesn't get you into trouble as well.

I doubt I'll do anything big, unless something major happens to really piss me off, like my family ending up on the street or the stress causing me major illness.  I'll at least be telling you guys who my employer was after I've escaped, for those who haven't figured it out yet.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

You know that feeling when in a forum game deathmatch based around loot, you get your character's awesome spawn loot stolen? Two characters in a row? BY THE SAME GUY? ON YOUR FIRST ACTION BOTH TIMES?!
Because I know that feeling.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

No, actually, that's pretty specific.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's irritating, to say the least.
Me: All right, this death stick I spawned with is awesome! Now to test it out -
Other guy: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO *grabs wand out of my hand, has high physical stats so wins roll*
Me: Goddammit! *goes to get wand back*
Other guy: Lolnoep *kills me with wand*
Sig! Onol

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Other guy: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO *grabs wand out of my hand, has high physical stats so wins roll*
Oh, so pretty much every time I play Dungeon Crawl, essentially. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, so pretty much every time I play Dungeon Crawl, essentially. :P
Pretty much.
Sig! Onol

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Mice and keyboards. Having controls even slightly off can completely destroy any productivity. Particularly with mice, where a low control will result in wanting to stab one's wrist to death. Bad keyboard designs just slow down typing immensely by ruining muscle memory. D:<

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

It's snowing here. It's fucking spring. It shouldn't be fucking snowing. I want temperatures that don't freeze my face off.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

It's snowing here. It's fucking spring. It shouldn't be fucking snowing. I want temperatures that don't freeze my face off.

Having just yomped downhill 4 miles to the nearest shop to buy basic groceries, then yomping back uphill into the wind and snow carrying said groceries just so I dont starve over the next 2 or 3 days, I can 100% agree with this statement.
This is a blank sig.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Yup, the weather track appears to be broken. For the last month it's been repeating itself.

-Snow
-High temperatures (at least for the weather)
-Rain

It's starting to be a bit boring.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Don't forget the constant "15 km/h is enough on your bike" wind. God I hate wind.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Don't forget the constant "15 km/h is enough on your bike" wind. God I hate wind.
Biking into 20mph wind = @!&*@%#^!!!
Biking with a 20mph wind = superman
Pages: 1 ... 1467 1468 [1469] 1470 1471 ... 3345