Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709546 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

C doesn't really have a face.

So that's why none of my projects wanted to cooperate with me. Also, that's why I've switched majors. Too many obscure, arcane rules for me in programming.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

AAAAARGH!!

Brain! Why you no getting simple C expressions right?! Why you failing simple scanf functions?!
Because to program you have to learn the language of the Eldritch Abominations. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, indeed.
Abominations? you want a abomination, try FORTRAN or the favorite medical programming languages, Cthulhu himself can't stand in that shit.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

AAAAARGH!!

Brain! Why you no getting simple C expressions right?! Why you failing simple scanf functions?!
Because to program you have to learn the language of the Eldritch Abominations. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, indeed.
Actually, looking at my code I think a function is not calling correctly. Dunno why, since it looks textbook-perfect, but I'm just gonna save my work and bring it into class tomorrow, lest I suffer a stroke trying to force the code correctly through sheer hate.
Can I see? :D

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Research supporting a privacy paradox among adolescents shows that only a minority of young social...
*mouse drifts towards Steam icon*
Damn it, Communication. Why can't you be interesting like Programming 1? or ridiculously easy like Introduction to Multimedia?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The earlier autism semi-derail got me thinking, and I made a Life Advice Thread to ask a question of folks, regarding the nature of emotions and thoughts, as other people experience them. I'm trying to better understand the nature of the brain in general, and my brain in particular.

Got a sec to give me some perspective, and/or tell me I'm just being weird?

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Good god I'm such a fuckup sometimes ._.  I'm so sick of myself.  Every stupid issue I thought I'd escaped from has followed me to this present day and is only going to get in the way.  I hate how forgetful I am.  I simply forget things. Poof, they're gone.  And then the people around me act like I must be stupid because I forgot something they can easily remember.  I have genuine problems with doing certain things and people have no idea how to deal with the fact I can't do them as easily as them.  I fail and fail and fail at one thing after another, have one little success here and there, while everyone around me just succeeds in life with flying colors.  I have a few talents that either don't count for shit, or have no use, or actually wind up being counter-intuitive.  I'm a thoughtful, nice person who tries to help everyone get along, then I watch the talented assholes succeed in life.

Other people struggle then eventually succeed, often with help from other people around them.  Me, I struggle then fail, and people stare at me wide-eyed or yell at me or lecture me on "dedication" and "perseverance" and "motivation."  I'm actually very dedicated and motivated.  It's just almost everything I do falls apart because of some simple mistake and then people around me stare at me or just lose it.  I can't remember bus numbers, I can't remember street numbers, I can't remember things I was told in class, I forget people's names on a regular basis, even friends I've known for years.  I'll forget things I've completely understood for years.  It takes actual effort for me to remember how to drive a car after a week of not driving.  And people freak out when I can't remember that stuff.  It's like they think I don't "care enough" to bother remembering them or something.

Well I'm fucking sorry life is so fucking easy for you.  No I don't know why this is difficult for me.  No I haven't seen a doctor about it.  I've seen doctors about other things.  They charge a lot to tell me they have no idea what's wrong with me.  I know there's no cure for "forgetfulness."  I'm sure there's plenty of pills with wonderful side effects that require a person to eat them every day for the rest of your life, woot.  I just have to deal with the fact I can't remember things sometimes and other people will refuse to believe me when I say I have this problem then freak out when it turns out to be true.  God I fucking hate people.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Oh man. Sorry to hear that Euld. It sucks that people don't understand that, but really, I don't understand why they shouldn't - nobody forgets their friends names' because "they're not trying hard enough". There's obviously some sort of cognitive impairment there.

I can sort of see why people go "blah blah dedication", but then again, if you have to be "dedicated" to remember a bus number you've used a bazillion times before, again, there's something more serious behind that. Nobody chooses to forget shit like that. :(

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I could very well be wrong, but that sounds to me like a dietary issue.  Every person I've known with some weird cognitive impairment like that seems to have the same story.  Confused about it for years, eventually tried a bunch of medications that caused more issues, until finally they discover they just needed more _____ in their diet.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

My mom is illogically enraged at me. She is supposedly trying to help me do better in school, but is actually hindering me. I've told her this, she doesn't care. It's personal for her, and shes started verbally berating me everyone we speak. And threatening to kick me out of the house.Things are not going well.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Finally had it at work with this project I'm on. There's like five technical teams involved, and they're all pointing the finger at each other and going in a circle, and the shit is STILL BROKE. Been over a month now, so it's getting to the point of "materially impacting the ability of the ATF to catch bad guys".

I got sick of the tech teams blameshifting, and the weak-ass middle management not taking leadership, so I said, "Fuck it, I'm running this show." Setting up a conference call, will be demanding the presence of a number of folks, and will be directing the conversation so that straight answers will be given, or there will be hell to pay.

Now bear in mind, I'm so many pay grades below these other people, and so many rungs down the food chain that it's like a mouse herding cats. But I'm one pissed-off mouse. Besides, I'm getting laid off in two months, what the fuck can they do to me? The most dangerous man in a corporate structure is the peon who has nothing left to lose.  8)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Finally had it at work with this project I'm on. There's like five technical teams involved, and they're all pointing the finger at each other and going in a circle, and the shit is STILL BROKE. Been over a month now, so it's getting to the point of "materially impacting the ability of the ATF to catch bad guys".

I got sick of the tech teams blameshifting, and the weak-ass middle management not taking leadership, so I said, "Fuck it, I'm running this show." Setting up a conference call, will be demanding the presence of a number of folks, and will be directing the conversation so that straight answers will be given, or there will be hell to pay.

Now bear in mind, I'm so many pay grades below these other people, and so many rungs down the food chain that it's like a mouse herding cats. But I'm one pissed-off mouse. Besides, I'm getting laid off in two months, what the fuck can they do to me? The most dangerous man in a corporate structure is the peon who has nothing left to lose.  8)
Fuck yeah, RedKing. Stick it right to the man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Aaaaand just like that, I got slapped down and told not to punch above my weight.

Now I haz a raeg.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Aaaaand just like that, I got slapped down and told not to punch above my weight.

Now I haz a raeg.
Fuck 'em. Do it anyway. Sell their info to the CIA and move to the Cayman Islands to steal all of Romney's money. Wear those sunglasses like a badass.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I would if I could. This is why all huge, bloated organizations eventually die of lethargy and inertia. Because the structure becomes more important the structure's purpose. Can't dare disrupt the hierarchy. So the handful of people who still try to give a shit finally wither and die inside and become part of the ossified husk of the organization.

Meanwhile, my grandboss (one of the people I've been begging to set up a conference call for this) just sent out two big emails about Happy Hour this Friday. PRIORITIES RAEG

THERE WILL BE NO HOUR OF HAPPINESS UNTIL THE SHIT IS FIXED

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I would if I could. This is why all huge, bloated organizations eventually die of lethargy and inertia. Because the structure becomes more important the structure's purpose. Can't dare disrupt the hierarchy. So the handful of people who still try to give a shit finally wither and die inside and become part of the ossified husk of the organization.

Meanwhile, my grandboss (one of the people I've been begging to set up a conference call for this) just sent out two big emails about Happy Hour this Friday. PRIORITIES RAEG

THERE WILL BE NO HOUR OF HAPPINESS UNTIL THE SHIT IS FIXED
Here's what you do. Go to happy hour with him, but take a list. Give him the list of exactly what needs to be done. Tell him, "I want these to be your ideas. I need you to kick some asses for me, because I don't have big enough boots." He gets to look like a motivated genius, you get the changes you want, and shit gets done.

Pages: 1 ... 1458 1459 [1460] 1461 1462 ... 3345