Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709677 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21840 on: March 18, 2013, 07:26:58 pm »

This thread needs more rage.

Okay, I don't think CNN was going so far as to give the two rapists their blessing, but while you're empathizing with the guys and how they've ruined their own lives (through their own decisions), you can't just gloss over the crime they've been accused of.

From the 4:22 mark... what's the lasting effect of two young men being found guilty of rape in court? With any luck, that they've learned some responsibility, that they'll never use alcohol as an excuse to take sexual advantage of someone else again, and that their story will go on to prevent others from making the same mistake.

When people do things like this, sure it's unfortunate all around, victims and perpetrators alike. Such is the effect of crime against its victims, and justice against its perpetrators.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am OCD, although not nearly as bad as I used to be.
A shrink also diagnosed me with agoraphobia. Then again, that was from just one interview, but it seems accurate enough. I was too... Well, afraid to go back for another appointment. :P

Also the diagnosis, along with my partial deafness, basically acted as a dose of steroids for my unemployment payment, so everybody wins! Who needs being normal and having a job, anyway?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21842 on: March 18, 2013, 07:30:04 pm »

Yeah, sorry for being so loud.

There's also Iceball and GoldDragon and Armok and (blah blah blah).
I can't find GoldDragon in the member lookup. Do you mean GreatWyrmGold.

Also, you can put me down as another person diagnosed with Asperger's. I don't really mention it that much because, I don't know, reasons?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I had one shrink diagnose me as PTSD a few months ago, after talking to me for like an hour. Not buying it.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21844 on: March 18, 2013, 07:32:04 pm »

This thread needs more rage.

Okay, I don't think CNN was going so far as to give the two rapists their blessing, but while you're empathizing with the guys and how they've ruined their own lives (through their own decisions), you can't just gloss over the crime they've been accused of.

From the 4:22 mark... what's the lasting effect of two young men being found guilty of rape in court? With any luck, that they've learned some responsibility, that they'll never use alcohol as an excuse to take sexual advantage of someone else again, and that their story will go on to prevent others from making the same mistake.

When people do things like this, sure it's unfortunate all around, victims and perpetrators alike. Such is the effect of crime against its victims, and justice against its perpetrators.

I think your definition of rape differs from mine.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think so.  He's someone who regularly posts in Soli's adventure game, and has an informational tagline in his sig or personal text, as well as a "G" for his avatar.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

Fact, the internet is good for lonely, asocial, or otherwise people who have difficulty communicating. Aspergers people are them. Hence.

Also, it might just be how I know my sister acts with Aspergers, but I feel superior to all of you now. All I can imagine is all of you acting like my little sister.
I think so.  He's someone who regularly posts in Soli's adventure game, and has an informational tagline in his sig or personal text, as well as a "G" for his avatar.
Is he a TVtropes obsessed "Stop having fun" literalist who likes making threads?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno, it's not like I keep tabs on everyone.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

I can't tell who vector is because I'm used to her having her cheesecake avatar <.<

I hate avatar changes. Unless it's to something witty.

The only winning move is not to play; i.e. don't have an avatar. :)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Avatar changes to something delicious are also acceptable. Anything is, really, but bonus points for delicious and/or witty.

E: And that pile of honeycomb just looks scrumptious. I haven't even eaten much honeycomb in my lifetime, but that looks great. Not so sure about the bees, but they can probably be shooed away.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:52:04 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Anybody know what happened to Kael? I swear if he is in a burns ward in mexico...

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

I can't tell who vector is because I'm used to her having her cheesecake avatar <.<

I hate avatar changes. Unless it's to something witty.

The only winning move is not to play; i.e. don't have an avatar. :)
But how can you win if you don't play?  And if you play and you lose, then are you truly playing?
On the note of avatars, where does yours come from?  The other day I saw that same polar bear somewhere else.  I think it was a video or something. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anybody know what happened to Kael? I swear if he is in a burns ward in mexico...
...you won't be terribly surprised? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1455 1456 [1457] 1458 1459 ... 3345