Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709775 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21810 on: March 18, 2013, 05:30:15 pm »

Yeah, sorry for being so loud.

There's also Iceball and GoldDragon and Armok and (blah blah blah).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21811 on: March 18, 2013, 05:34:32 pm »

Well, so much for my perceptions.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21812 on: March 18, 2013, 05:42:30 pm »

I'm meant to have aspergers, diagnosed when I was seven by Tony Attwood, and he is meant to know what he is doing.
I personally think he made a mistake. He is has studies that focus on the connection between aspergers and physical clumsiness, and I don't have depth perception, so of coarse I'm sometimes going to run into things I wasn't expecting. Also, being that bad at sports is bound to get a kid bullied, and that affects emotional development.
Now that I'm grown up and living in a world that doesn't instantly chastise me for not being able to catch, I'm enjoying being a lot more social and can make friends pretty easily. Heck I'm normally the one to open conversation.

Point is I'm 90% sure that diagnosis was bullshit. 'Likes playing with lego' and 'Other kids don't like him' is not any sort of basis for any sort of diagnosis until you want to medicalize being a geek.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21813 on: March 18, 2013, 05:46:49 pm »

Yeah, sorry for being so loud.

There's also Iceball and GoldDragon and Armok and (blah blah blah).

Armok is As....wait, why am I even asking that question?  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21814 on: March 18, 2013, 05:53:37 pm »

You are assigned a lexile range taht is supposed to indicate your comprehension level.  Something like The Merchant of Venice would rank high, and something like The Cat in the Hat would rank low.  When I was in third grade, I got into an informal competition with this other person, and we both ended up reading all the books in our library that was in our range.  Then, for the next two years, we both struggled to find books to read, since we couldn't check out books not in our range (Essentially, anything in the elementary school library not in the middle school level or higher.)
That... is the stupidest system I have ever heard of. What's the point?! What good reason do they have to curtail what you read like that?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21815 on: March 18, 2013, 06:06:02 pm »

Point is I'm 90% sure that diagnosis was bullshit. 'Likes playing with lego' and 'Other kids don't like him' is not any sort of basis for any sort of diagnosis until you want to medicalize being a geek.
Lots of people seems to forget that Asperger's syndrome is, surprisingly, a syndrome and not a disease.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:08:01 pm by PanH »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21816 on: March 18, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »

Now for my rant about English-
English classes are actually bullshitting classes.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21817 on: March 18, 2013, 06:07:14 pm »

You are assigned a lexile range taht is supposed to indicate your comprehension level.  Something like The Merchant of Venice would rank high, and something like The Cat in the Hat would rank low.  When I was in third grade, I got into an informal competition with this other person, and we both ended up reading all the books in our library that was in our range.  Then, for the next two years, we both struggled to find books to read, since we couldn't check out books not in our range (Essentially, anything in the elementary school library not in the middle school level or higher.)
That... is the stupidest system I have ever heard of. What's the point?! What good reason do they have to curtail what you read like that?
Teaching to the lowest level student. You would never want anyone to get too far ahead, the others might feel left behind. Idiocy.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21818 on: March 18, 2013, 06:16:55 pm »

Lots of people seems to forget that Asperger's syndrome is, surprisingly, a syndrome and not a disease.
A syndrome with more aspects than just being good with certain puzzles and a little anti-social.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21819 on: March 18, 2013, 06:20:40 pm »

I'm connected to the baseline in that I'm a nerdy liberal! RAGE!!! XD

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21820 on: March 18, 2013, 06:29:01 pm »

Since we've determined I'm the baseline, this thread is rapidly degenerating into "Six Degrees of RedKing".  ???
Which is still probably preferable to "Fifty Shades of Red".  :o
(I mean, y'all are some smexy folks, and I'm openminded and all, but no. Just no.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21821 on: March 18, 2013, 06:30:48 pm »

I have a RedKing number of 7 :V

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21822 on: March 18, 2013, 06:34:22 pm »

50 shades of red is the new title of the new book I thought of.
It is actually a bloody war drama where after you get emotionally attached to the female protagonist at the end of the book she is beaten, raped and stoned to death. I'm trying to convey the horrors of war for women in a world where they are often over looked in favor of the trials that the young male soldier has to go through.

The fact that as a male who has never been to war thus has no clue what I'm talking about is irrelevant, just ask Mark Haddon.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21823 on: March 18, 2013, 06:36:13 pm »

What exactly is Aspergers?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21824 on: March 18, 2013, 06:37:24 pm »

A syndrome with more aspects than just being good with certain puzzles and a little anti-social.
Lots of people seem to forget that a syndrome is, surprisingly, a syndrome, and not a disease.
Pages: 1 ... 1453 1454 [1455] 1456 1457 ... 3345