Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3709743 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Implement This Edition
« Reply #21795 on: March 18, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »

So, the average Bay 12 member is now a pansexual liberal nerd with pectus excavatum.

You forgot "with Asperger's syndrome."

HOLY CRAP....I'm the baseline.  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21796 on: March 18, 2013, 03:48:51 pm »

So, the average Bay 12 member is now a pansexual liberal nerd with pectus excavatum. named Pathos
The joys of color=transparent have not yet been bestowed upon you, fellow Pathos?
Well shit, at least one thing that connects me with the baseline. The cause may not be lost.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21797 on: March 18, 2013, 03:50:10 pm »

I'm only a liberal heterosexual nerd with plans of world domination. With ADHD.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21798 on: March 18, 2013, 04:04:14 pm »

I'm only a liberal heterosexual nerd with plans of world domination. With ADHD.
I see your bodily image and raise you one motorcycle of doom.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21799 on: March 18, 2013, 04:09:45 pm »

So, the average Bay 12 member is now a pansexual liberal nerd with pectus excavatum.

I don't think we have many Aspies. There's Vector, and......

Well, that's it. I can't think of any others.

There's also the issue that in two months the mainstream psychological community will cease to recognize Asperger's as a distinct condition, with the release of the DSM-V.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21800 on: March 18, 2013, 04:11:05 pm »

I am Asperger... Real Aspergers not the fake kind.

Mind you I am somewhat atypical.

So that is three people right there.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:14:03 pm by Neonivek »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21801 on: March 18, 2013, 04:17:05 pm »

There's also the issue that in two months the mainstream psychological community will cease to recognize Asperger's as a distinct condition, with the release of the DSM-V.
I've been tentatively diagnosed mild Asperger's. I'm probably one of those they'd rather place under the new rubric of "high functioning autism spectrum disorder".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21802 on: March 18, 2013, 04:18:10 pm »

I know there's a few here, and probably more.  Vector's just the most vocal about it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21804 on: March 18, 2013, 04:35:37 pm »

From what my counselor said, all of the autistic conditions will be listed under a blanket diagnosis called the Autistic Spectrum, essentially you will be diagnose as autistic but there will be a sub category for your specific condition.

edit: im considered a aspie too but i have far too much mood swings from introverted and extroverted.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:37:26 pm by Tellemurius »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21805 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »

From what my counselor said, all of the autistic conditions will be listed under a blanket diagnosis called the Autistic Spectrum, essentially you will be diagnose as autistic but there will be a sub category for your specific condition.

edit: im considered a aspie too but i have far too much mood swings from introverted and extroverted.
Eh, psychology can actually really hard to categorise in that way, and the autistic spectrum covers a pretty wide variety of types of people.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21806 on: March 18, 2013, 05:03:43 pm »

I'm an Aspie. 
And Bay12 has to have one of the more interesting collections of people on the internet.  Other then those REALLY strange places. 

Now for my rant about English-
First off, I think that English is a rather useless class.  I can understand some parts of it, such as needing to know about grammar, and hwo to convey an idea.  I can even understand needing to read some older stories or poems, for whatever reason.  But the way it's handled currently takes away almost all purpose in it.  I was asking around during academic team practice today, and almost everyone there once liked to read before they were put through the grinder that is the educational system.  First off, the Accelerated Reader program.  It is designed to promote reading, but everyone agrees that it is fucking useless.  You're not going to make people who hate reading like it any more by making them take tests on books, and it's going to make people who like reading hate it, making it another chore.  And even if you see it as being somewhat useful, you're not allowed to read books below or above your reading range.  So what if you want to check out a book because you're genuily interested in it?  It's beyond your comprehension! Go read this boring book by some author that is in your range instead.  Oh, you've already read everything in your range?  Then I hope you enjoy the zero you're getting for that grade.  Even most of my English teachers have agreed with me.  The one good thing about high school English is that you no longer have go go through with this program.
Next is how grammar is taught.  Yes, it's important and I understand that.  But I have learned far more about the intrinsics of grammar by studying French then I'll ever learn in any amount of English classes.  And at the same time I'll learn something I can actually use. 
Now for the part of high school English that is currently destroying our love for reading.  Almost everyone in my class agrees that when you write a paper on something, you either need to REALLY love that topic, or you should hate it.  If you just like it, then you'll end up hating it.  Like right now I'm writing an eight paragraph essay on how 1984 and Fahrenheit 451 are related.  Previously, Ray Bradbury and George Orwell were among my favorite authors.  Now I hate their guts. 

And now on to the reason I have brought this up.  Our English teacher, has, in the past week and a half-
Had us need to finish up the body paragraphs for our literary anylisis
Had us do a complete presentation on a poem by Emily Dickinson or Walt Whitman
Upped our weekly vocabulary list from 75 words to 90
Had us read ten chapters in an assigned book
Had us take a test on seven poems by Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson (Today)
And for our test we were told that we would just be applying knowledge we learned to those seven poems.  This is all we were told.  What did we actually do?  We had to write an entire essay that covered four different topics.  In less then fifty minutes.  The only reason I didn't make something like a 20% is because I have English near the end of the day, and had second period to describe it's difficulty so I could study.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21807 on: March 18, 2013, 05:14:48 pm »

And even if you see it as being somewhat useful, you're not allowed to read books below or above your reading range.  So what if you want to check out a book because you're genuily interested in it?  It's beyond your comprehension! Go read this boring book by some author that is in your range instead.  Oh, you've already read everything in your range?  Then I hope you enjoy the zero you're getting for that grade.
What.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21808 on: March 18, 2013, 05:23:26 pm »

You are assigned a lexile range taht is supposed to indicate your comprehension level.  Something like The Merchant of Venice would rank high, and something like The Cat in the Hat would rank low.  When I was in third grade, I got into an informal competition with this other person, and we both ended up reading all the books in our library that was in our range.  Then, for the next two years, we both struggled to find books to read, since we couldn't check out books not in our range (Essentially, anything in the elementary school library not in the middle school level or higher.)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21809 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:00 pm »

My sister has aspergers, if that counts, but shes not on bay12.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1452 1453 [1454] 1455 1456 ... 3345