Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710271 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Computer nerds, please tell me if this would be feasible.

What if, instead of using passwords, your various accounts could be activated by a key. Like a simple flash drive or something. This could make each password potentially thousands of characters long, but as simple to use as plugging your flash drive in.
Have you ever used a key card?
Yea... Just a wave of a piece of plastic and your in.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Spoiler: more rage (click to show/hide)
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

You are getting trolled by a child with an IPhone, DrPoo. I would advice telling his parents about his use of language and moving on from this incident.
The fact that this is in the rage thread rather than WTF thread is a tribute to his success.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did the rest of my generation get hit with a stupid ray or something?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

You are getting trolled by a child with an IPhone, DrPoo. I would advice telling his parents about his use of language and moving on from this incident.
The fact that this is in the rage thread rather than WTF thread is a tribute to his success.

Its more like "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAARGGH"

Not getting trolled. its rather adorable. On the "WHY DO KIDS DO THIS" thing.
Dont even know the kid. Just found the pic.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Yes, this stupid ray is called the internet. It is a place where children can express their inner moron without fear of authority or repercussions.
Enjoy.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Yes, this stupid ray is called the internet. It is a place where children can express their inner moron without fear of authority or repercussions.
Enjoy.
Makes me glad I didn't start exploring the Internet until I was 17 years old. I think I was spared the worst of it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For passwords, there are cards that generate a new password like every 15 minutes (in relation with the computer/network). Which means, you can't really crack the password, but you could still steal the card.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

For passwords, there are cards that generate a new password like every 15 minutes (in relation with the computer/network). Which means, you can't really crack the password, but you could still steal the card.
Perhaps, but I feel it would be safer and simpler as a whole. Cards can be cancelled or deactivated once you realize they are lost, and can't be stolen by a hacker 3000 miles away and behind a dozen proxies.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you forget to take it with you you can't get into anything, blah blah blah.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Is it any harder to remember your card than it is to remember a few dozen passwords?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

If you forget to take it with you you can't get into anything, blah blah blah.
Like a door key!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it any harder to remember your card than it is to remember a few dozen passwords?

It is for me, actually.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Several times over the past year I have left the house, driven off, reached my destination half an hour later, then patted down my pockets to see if my phone has slipped out of my pockets, then realised I actually forgot to pick it up on my way out, and also my wallet as well, that's going to get me into big trouble one day if it keeps up.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Several times over the past year I have left the house, driven off, reached my destination half an hour later, then patted down my pockets to see if my phone has slipped out of my pockets, then realised I actually forgot to pick it up on my way out, and also my wallet as well, that's going to get me into big trouble one day if it keeps up.
This is why I've developed the habit of patting down my pockets several times before going anywhere and while on my way to a place or before leaving somewhere and while on my way back. Also, I always check to make sure I have my keys and they're outside of the car before I lock it. Also I check my coat pocket to make sure I have both my gloves and hat. I don't have to worry about leaving anything behind because I have obsessive-compulsive routines.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 ... 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 ... 3345