Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710253 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I just had my first genuinely successful Cataclysm adventure!

Had something 200 zombie kills accrued, something four bionics installed and a glorious PAINTRAIN in the works, were about to raid another scientific facility...

and then it fucking crashed and i didn't save because i ran this thing for four hours straight on iron mode

ASDFKNARJGKDFWL34IGUAJDFKBNSK.RJBNNDS,-

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

That's why I save periodically, even while iron-moding.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I've learned over the years to be a lot more circumspect about judging others' "goodness". If for no other reason than I think I'm a generally good person, and yet I've committed some major sins over the years. Poor judgement isn't the same as malice.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

So I just had my first genuinely successful Cataclysm adventure!

Had something 200 zombie kills accrued, something four bionics installed and a glorious PAINTRAIN in the works, were about to raid another scientific facility...

and then it fucking crashed and i didn't save because i ran this thing for four hours straight on iron mode

ASDFKNARJGKDFWL34IGUAJDFKBNSK.RJBNNDS,-

Options > Enable autosaving, those two seconds it takesaving a map are worth it.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Paperwork  >:(

And fucking password : Eight to sixteen characters, with at least one upper case, at least one lower case, at least one number, and at least one symbol (but not the ones we don't want). Also, make it easy to remember and hard to guess.
Sure, that'll be easy to remember.

http://supergenpass.com/

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Paperwork  >:(

And fucking password : Eight to sixteen characters, with at least one upper case, at least one lower case, at least one number, and at least one symbol (but not the ones we don't want). Also, make it easy to remember and hard to guess.
Sure, that'll be easy to remember.
Welcome to my world. Oh, and I have to have passwords for EVERY system I handle, about 50 last time I checked. With differing length requirements, differing expiration windows, and different exclusion lists of what special characters are disallowed.

And I'm not allowed to write down or otherwise record ANY of them.  :'(

The best are the static admin passwords for some of the encryption systems, because the admin picks those. And he's fond of l33t$p3@k as a form of "strong" password. (SO MUCH RAEG)

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you write cyphers to yourself with them at all?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

So, I spend all night preparing a quite frankly shit hot application form for the previously mentioned "job that needs to be mine" (who the fuck constructs one using tables in word then hides the table frame??!!??), polishing my pretty impressive CV and reverse engineering the person spec and job description into a neat covering letter. They better fucking at least call me for interview now, especially as I have been promised two hot references by 2 of my line managers who will be fucked if I get the job and leave them up shit creek. They better fucking call... ARRRGH!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:42:24 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Can you write cyphers to yourself with them at all?
Not really. I have a system though. It helps to be proficient in foreign languages.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile

Please let that be a troll.  So much self contradiction...
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Computer nerds, please tell me if this would be feasible.

What if, instead of using passwords, your various accounts could be activated by a key. Like a simple flash drive or something. This could make each password potentially thousands of characters long, but as simple to use as plugging your flash drive in.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's the problem with things like for example cardreaders, spyware, and unification to a single physical object, etc.  I think people normally steal passwords, rather than breaking them.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

Computer nerds, please tell me if this would be feasible.

What if, instead of using passwords, your various accounts could be activated by a key. Like a simple flash drive or something. This could make each password potentially thousands of characters long, but as simple to use as plugging your flash drive in.
there has been some implementation in the field but its mostly around enterprise or government utilization. usually though the device just contains a encrypted hash key that will open up the computer. More powerful devices say like a random hash generator or a decrypting processor are still well under radar.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

The problem is, for a thing that is really sensitive. (Enough to warrant it's own password) It might be easier to steal a flash drive than to interrogate someone for the password.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 1436 1437 [1438] 1439 1440 ... 3345