Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710296 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it was just hypocrisy in general... I think.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Ohgod my roommates would catch me walking the dinosaur, i havent taken it for a walk 4 fucking days, i need that god damn earthquake.

I also really want to crossdress. We were at a market today with 1€ for a really nice thong and a bit more for full sets, if my "friends" werent watching and if i knew what cup would actually fit mr.. ./
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I hadn't gone to excessive lengths for structure, to say the least. I'd appreciate it if it wasn't rehashed once an episode and perhaps we could all accept I'm in a rush? I'll try to keep it coherent regardless. The paragraph is comparatively inconsequential, but it was intended to illustrate the point to Kajiyuu in particular to illustrate the level of nitpicking.

Now if we could address the point. Sure there's more then one position. Nevertheless, I rarely meet anyone who doesn't obviously fail at meeting their own professed standards. It's not... fresh to find cheering posts about football from people who were posting about exploitation an hour earlier. Neither is how much is sunk into games, though i will shamelessly admit to reaping the spoils of Dwarf Fortress because why not. I've never heard of anyone actively moving their cause forward here (not to say it isn't, but too rare for my tastes). I was hoping that you could prove me wrong.

No, it's not relevant Misko. Just a familiar nitpick.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 08:19:23 pm by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I have literally no frecking clue what novel just said. I think it's about the decadance of modern society. Nofucking clue though.

My mom is really pissing me off though. She gets so angry at me for not working and tells me that "she's so frustrated". Finally I straight up ask her what she wants me to do and simply says "work harder!". Just that/. No advice, no help. For someone who is so supposedly good at helping people in school (which I never hear the end of, BTW) She really sucks at it.

High 5's from current and especially younger self.
Reading a thinner book

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I hadn't gone to excessive lengths for structure, to say the least. I'd appreciate it if it wasn't rehashed once an episode and perhaps we could all accept I'm in a rush? The paragraph is comparatively inconsequential, but it was intended to illustrate the point to Kajiyuu in particular to illustrate the level of nitpicking.

Now if we could address the point. Sure there's more then one position. Nevertheless, I rarely meet anyone who doesn't obviously fail at meeting their own professed standards. It's not... fresh to find cheering posts about football from people who were posting about exploitation an hour earlier. Neither is how much is sunk into games, though i will shamelessly admit to reaping the spoils of Dwarf Fortress because why not. I've never heard of anyone actively moving their cause forward here (not to say it isn't, but too rare for my tastes). I was hoping that you could prove me wrong.

No, it's not relevant Misko. Just a familiar nitpick.
The problem here is that this forum isn't really for moving causes forward. This is a forum for a game, or a game developer's works, if you follow the Toady One's earlier stuff, like LCS. Activism isn't needed to be a part of this community.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It's not... fresh to find cheering posts about football from people who were posting about exploitation an hour earlier.
Every thread represents a different caprice and a different conversation. Internet space is fundamentally different from meatspace.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I'm afraid that's what sells me on the game. The latter is why i started, but i kept at it because of the people who like it and thought it was worth the effort. I spend far more time reading the lower boards then i do playing anything besides.

Loud Whispers, you can say the same about talking to one group of friends and another. It doesn't stop it from being hypocrisy and can easily accentuate it.
Reading a thinner book

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, I think that if we're gonna talk about stuff, we'd best point out stuff that really matters in life. The great injustices of the day and all.

Who the bloody hell thought that taking a beautiful acapella track and overlaying it with crappy synth was a good idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHfJuNHxbmc

WWWWHHHHY?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCeJnw9WbQ
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

The right avatar.  :D.
Reading a thinner book

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Loud Whispers, you can say the same about talking to one group of friends and another. It doesn't stop it from being hypocrisy and can easily accentuate it.
Hypocrisy how so? I was unawares there was a particularly strong movement against topic expansion - i.e. how conversations work.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

I'm afraid that's what sells me on the game. The latter is why i started, but i kept at it because of the people who like it and thought it was worth the effort. I spend far more time reading the lower boards then i do playing anything besides.

I think you should look up "cognitive dissonance". It's exactly what you're describing.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile

I'm well aware. Thanks for the succinct summation.
Reading a thinner book

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I'm well aware. Thanks for the succinct summation.
Surely sibilance should see such use sparsely?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

It's bad enough commercials are getting more obnoxious by the day, but can't they at least have more than 4 or 5 commercials per station? Seeing the same commercial 8+ times an hour is becoming painful. Half the time, it's not even proper commercials! It's just advertizing for the other shows, where they will repeat the same 2-3 real commercials and 2-3 fake commercials over and over again.

Yeah, yeah, first world problems.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Hey, I think that if we're gonna talk about stuff, we'd best point out stuff that really matters in life. The great injustices of the day and all.

Who the bloody hell thought that taking a beautiful acapella track and overlaying it with crappy synth was a good idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHfJuNHxbmc

WWWWHHHHY?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avCeJnw9WbQ

Wow, that's actually quite hilarious. Feels like a terrible 90's pop version.
Pages: 1 ... 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 ... 3345