Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710403 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I dropped my iPhone 3GS again as yesterday night, in the same circumstances, the same height, and roughly the same floor material. It slipped out of my coat pocket. Now the upper left black glass corner has broken off into two small chips. Roughly the size of my fingernail. :/ I put tape on it for now, but what to do next?

Also, the weather is suddenly warm as a pleasantly cool summer day, round 21 dC or 294 K. It was bitteryly cold just three days ago...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Order a replacement screen if you're tech-savvy and install it yourself, or go to an Apple store if you aren't.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

I consider myself savvy, but not in the hardware area much X3

But it's such an old phone. Not sure if the $40 for a replacement is worth it...

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

The screen costs $40?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

So mum came to visit again...
Past Max: Don't bring any more of my old cloths next time, I don't fit into them and I don't have any place to put them!
Present Max: Thanks for these, I'll just store them on the roof for all the good it will do! Fuck... Could you just fucking listen to a single thing I say!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

So she's basically giving them to you so that you have to throw them away/offload them on someone else/donate them instead of her having to do it? That seems counterproductive.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Present Max: Thanks for these, I'll just store them on the roof for all the good it will do! Fuck... Could you just fucking listen to a single thing I say!

To be fair, cloth makes decent isolation.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I misread that as insulation XD

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Should have been insulation. Apparently, englishifying words doesn't always work.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Should have been insulation. Apparently, englishifying words doesn't always work.
Well, isolation is what insulation is all about...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Well, isolation is what insulation is all about...
Wich is why insulation and isolation are the same word in Dutch.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

I should learn Dutch..
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Waaaaaaaaaaghhhhh! I hate flash... I found this nice little flash game called Westerado, basically a western murder mystery with permadeath. So I was just about to finish it, I had figured out who the murderer was and was about to go do some confronting when the bloody flashplayer crashed. Son of a... Well the game was fun but it wasn't, replay it all again just so I can hopefully see the ending fun.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I've decided my mom is possibly the least competent internet parent on the face of the planet. She has decided to delete anything that exists on my account without her "express permission", she appearantly deleted my Python program for computer science, but failed to delete steam. Furthermore, she has taken away my ability to download, preventing me from fixing it or downloading my math homework. And she knows this but just tells me to do the other work.

In conclusion, she has prevented me from doing my work but hasn't from wasting time on the internet. This is why parent's should stay the hell out unless they know what's going on. And why she should have stuck to a hands off approach, even if I do have problem staying on track, she is NOT helping.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1430 1431 [1432] 1433 1434 ... 3345