Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710453 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Those fucking morons tried to shoot me with a bottle. They nearly pushed me fucking over. Fuck them. I really, REALLY feel like taking a knife and stabbing him when he "I" bump into him it. He fucking deserves it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 10:53:45 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

People who, when given procedural instructions, repeat EVERY LINE BACK TO YOU.

"Okay, right-click on the icon, then click Attributes."
"Umm...right-click?"
"Yes."
"On the icon?"
"Yes."
"And then click Attributes?"
"YES."

"It says Press OK to continue."
"Then press OK."
"Umm...you want me to press OK?"
"Nope, sorry...I was just deliberately wasting your time, sir. I'm afraid I'm going to have to shoot you now."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

* Sirus is guilty of doing that to a degree.

Especially over the phone if the connection is scratchy  :-[
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do that to, because my ability to understand verbal instructions is poor.  It's half echolalia, half my entrenched habit of talking to myself (especially through procedures, which usually makes them go a lot better).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Would you rather they repeated everything and did it RIGHT? Or would you rather they listen to you once and fuck everything up, causing more work for you?

Of course, if they do it wrong despite repeating things back, THEN you're allowed to take out the chainsaw machete.

(That's a chainsaw with full-sized machetes instead of saw teeth.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I can understand it if I gave long, complicated instructions. Which is why I tend to break it down into simple, single-task instructions, like "Click OK."

That's unambiguous enough that it shouldn't need to repeated. I'm even OK with doing that once every few instructions or so, but when it's EVERY FREAKIN' STEP.....it's time to break out the Kill-O-Zap.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Regardless of the reasonableness of it, I can understand it being frustrating as all hell.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah.

I've started thinking about two of me on the phone with each other, and, oh, the horror, the horror.

"So, um, I think, er, insert Tab A into Slot B."

"Wait, so I insert Tab A into Slot P?"

"What did you say?  Sorry, I didn't quite catch that.  Could you say it again?"

"Right, so, Tab A goes into Slot P?"

"No, Tab B."

"Sorry, was that B, P, or D?"

"B"

"Okay, it didn't fit in Slot P so I figured I was supposed to put Tab A in Slot D, now what?"

Sorry, dude :-[  That sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

The real problem here is that telephones are the worst form of communication and to be avoided if there is any other reasonable option.  I am horrible at understanding people over the phone.  I don't know what it is.  Even if I can hear somebody perfectly clearly, I'll still not understand what they're saying half the time.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

The real problem here is that telephones are the worst form of communication and to be avoided if there is any other reasonable option.  I am horrible at understanding people over the phone.  I don't know what it is.  Even if I can hear somebody perfectly clearly, I'll still not understand what they're saying half the time.
I gotta agree on that one. Especially talking to someone who you don't know or know barely over the phone is horrifyingly awkward.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Yeah.

I've started thinking about two of me on the phone with each other, and, oh, the horror, the horror.

"So, um, I think, er, insert Tab A into Slot B."

"Wait, so I insert Tab A into Slot P?"

"What did you say?  Sorry, I didn't quite catch that.  Could you say it again?"

"Right, so, Tab A goes into Slot P?"

"No, Tab B."

"Sorry, was that B, P, or D?"

"B"

"Okay, it didn't fit in Slot P so I figured I was supposed to put Tab A in Slot D, now what?"

Sorry, dude :-[  That sucks.
Well considering I'm going half-deaf, that's probably not too far off from what a conversation with me would sound like. Thankfully, I'm dealing with a userbase that has a lot of LE/military types in it, so switching to NATO phonetic alphabet doesn't throw them.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So I'm a pretty big Garfield fan (or atleast was, haven't read any of the comics in years), and the universe or the RNG or whatever seems to have a twisted sense of humour since the fucker is trying its hardest to get me to hate Mondays.

My Uni schedule has been heat seeking missle determined on ruining Mondays for me. So far I have six hours of math with 15 minute breaks from 8 AM to 2 PM. 15 minutes after that I get my Electrical Materials and Tech. classes which go for two hours with a 15 minute break inbetween. Then someone thought it would be funny to give me lab classes that go on for about an hour and a half right after that which also happen to overlap with another two hour subject that the proffessor of thought it would be nice to have in two groups (since having a single class group results in an overcrowded lecture hall with people having to sit on the floor) and having my group be on Monday.

Then I also get another lab class which seems to be completely ignoring my selected time slots and just piles them on at random times during Mondays.

And the funny thing is that the rest of the week I get like two to five hour classes which are scattered about the days making me take trips to and fro the Uni because I have big time gaps between them.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A small part of my job involves communicating to people via twitter. I am terrified of my own generation because countless young adults on The Tweets cannot spell the few words they know how to use.

These are supposed to be the rulers of tomorrow.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile

Youtube's channel interface has gotten even more horrific.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

These are supposed to be the rulers of tomorrow.
Are you implying that they just don't measure up? :P

In other RAEG, there's a university event I have to attend for a leadership organization tomorrow at 8 AM. Now, if I lived within a reasonable distance of the school, this wouldn't be a problem, but I just so happen to live at the ass-end of nowhere. So I'm going to be waking up at 6 AM on a Saturday, as though I didn't already have sleep issues. OH BOY.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 1428 1429 [1430] 1431 1432 ... 3345