Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710482 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile

I would recommend just restarting your computer.
Now, its entirely possible that you have done that already, but it seems to me like that would almost certainly fix the problem.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I would recommend just restarting your computer.
Now, its entirely possible that you have done that already, but it seems to me like that would almost certainly fix the problem.

To be sure, he should do it three times.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Got fired for receiving a second red card. I'll explain what this means.

I work for a local 7-11 (one of the few corporate-run stores left in the area). Occasionally, they will send someone in disguised as a regular customer to purchase an age restricted product (in every case I have seen, this was alcohol, and they never actually finish the sale). This person they send in is always above the age-restricted limit for the item in question (and has to be for legal reasons). The listed rule is that you card everyone that looks 30 or younger. This guy did not look under 30 to me (he was certainly of legal drinking age, regardless), so I ring him up without carding him. By doing this, he had to give me a red card, as opposed to a green card if I were to ID him. I wouldn't be so angry if he wasn't so obviously old enough, but they seem to be really going out of the way to have a "GOTCHA!".  The first person that red-carded me looked well into his thirties, too. 2 red cards in 6 months means being terminated on the spot, but my manager (who has always been good to me) let me finish my shift and agreed with my grievance regarding the situation, but there's nothing she can do, and I can accept that much.

They say it's to make absolutely sure that we won't sell to actual underage ABC people, but these people 7-11 are sending in on their own are ridiculous. I can't card everyone in this neighborhood because of how the people are. They steal constantly. They do stupid shit like leaving all their money in the car (yes, retard, you need money to buy stuff). They tend to get uppity and hostile if you dare to ask for ID. They dump all their stuff on the counter, wait for me to finish ringing them up, and then go back for more stuff for 5 minutes, forcing me to guess how long they will be and either keep waiting, holding up the line, or cancel all their items which takes time as well. But yada yada retarded customers blah, combined with asking them for ID and them going back to their car searching for another 5 mins (holding up the line even more), or losing the sales all together (also bad for this particular store, with business slowing down and so many thefts and write-offs) is very, very disruptive if I card everyone who isn't on their death bed.

I just feel like they are looking for an excuse to fire people, and this an easy cover-up. I'll cut it off here, so I don't start seeming preachy instead of ragey.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

That sounds ... incredibly stupid.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I really feel like the way businesses treat their employees these days isn't even about profit or other business concerns anymore.  It feels more like open contempt.  Like they just want to make people miserable, even if they ruin their business in the process.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile

Some asshole in the bus broke my phone and i almost went at her.
Years and years of anger management shit.. it almost all went down there.

I had to go home because i couldnt really control myself there.
Fucking sad really. Was supposed to go to a club today. Guess ill be scrubbing the floors and doing the dishwashers with my screaming house-overlord once she gets home from How to get a Job 303..

I want to cut myself but i know that if i live to recover i would regret the scars and they would tell things about me i dont want anybody to know.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

I wouldn't try. You sound fiscally stable enough, and there is a correlation between fiscal stability and failed suicide rates, hence the thought that depression is a rich man's disease.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

DC blanketed under 6-12 inches of snow. This means all the Bureau's DC employees will be trying to work from home. For an idea of my rage, many of these employees are sub-literate 50-somethings who live in public housing (wired with FIOS, no less) and barely know how to turn on the damned computer, much less navigate the arcane VPN client. For many of them, it means having to re-explain the entire concept of how one connects a computer to the magical fantasy land of "teh Internet", because some of them HAVE NO INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME. And rage at us that they can't get connected.

I am SOOOOOOOOOO ready to get laid off.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

Some asshole in the bus broke my phone and i almost went at her.
Years and years of anger management shit.. it almost all went down there.

Not going to lie, that sounds pretty impressive. If Average Joe broke Average Smith's phone on the bus where I live, there would most likely be an incident.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

DC blanketed under 6-12 inches of snow. This means all the Bureau's DC employees will be trying to work from home. For an idea of my rage, many of these employees are sub-literate 50-somethings who live in public housing (wired with FIOS, no less) and barely know how to turn on the damned computer, much less navigate the arcane VPN client. For many of them, it means having to re-explain the entire concept of how one connects a computer to the magical fantasy land of "teh Internet", because some of them HAVE NO INTERNET ACCESS AT HOME. And rage at us that they can't get connected.

lady: "Hi my vpn isn't working for my company"
me: "Alright mam let me go ahead and get connected with you"
moments later
me: "good lord, how slow is your internet?"
lady: "Oh i wouldn't know, my husband pays for all of this"
me: "Well from the looks of it, your internet speed cannot handle the vpn connection"
lady: "OH DONT GIVE ME THAT CRAP, I HAVE GOOD INTERNET"
me: "I can believe you but VPN connections are very intensi......."
lady: "MY COMPANY SAYS THE CONNECTION WORKS"
me: "Did they tested your computer to actually connect to their system?"
lady: "UH YES, MACFEES SAYS MY COMPUTER IS READY SO THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG, I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER YOU SOUND LIKE A IDIOT"

10 bucks her IT department blew her off every minute just so they can think correctly for the week.

and then there was the idiots with 3g and 4g modems and "smartphones"
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:53:47 am by Tellemurius »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Did I mention that the Bureau has about 4500 iPhones out there? And that they're using them as mobile hotspots and doing VPN over THAT in some cases?

The agents are generally bright enough to at least be teachable as to how to do all this. They may not understand the technicalities of it, but they can learn the steps and the basic idea -- you don't get to be a special agent by being stupid.

The administrative support staff though (which tends to be concentrated in D.C.).....Christ in a pickle.  :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

lady: "Hi my vpn isn't working for my company"
me: "Alright mam let me go ahead and get connected with you"
moments later
me: "good lord, how slow is your internet?"
lady: "Oh i wouldn't know, my husband pays for all of this"
me: "Well from the looks of it, your internet speed cannot handle the vpn connection"
lady: "OH DONT GIVE ME THAT CRAP, I HAVE GOOD INTERNET"
me: "I can believe you but VPN connections are very intensi......."
lady: "MY COMPANY SAYS THE CONNECTION WORKS"
me: "Did they tested your computer to actually connect to their system?"
lady: "UH YES, MACFEES SAYS MY COMPUTER IS READY SO THEIR IS NOTHING WRONG, I WANT TO TALK TO YOUR MANAGER YOU SOUND LIKE A IDIOT"

10 bucks her IT department blew her off every minute just so they can think correctly for the week.

and then there was the idiots with 3g and 4g modems and "smartphones"

Ah yes. Nothing like serving clients who exist at the ass crack of internet connectivity. I work with truck yards who are easily several miles outside of "town", and doing anything for them over their VPN is like being back in the baud modem days.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile

Damn you body, this is not the time to be sick... I've been coughing my lungs out through my eyeholes for several days straight but I have still not been able to just relax and cure myself because I have a billion things at uni that have to be done at different points this week (as in some of them being, do them at that point or not at all). Today I had to present some coding done for a microcontroller while running on less than three hours sleep (non consecutively none the less), my throat so sore I could barely speak and my brain a jumbled mess. Fuck. I made it but still I have two more bloody deadlines to keep this week and my body is fucking trying to murder me.

Atleast I can soothe myself with some belgian chocolate, chocolate knows how to make things better :)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile

Was sick last year where I had ti cough every few seconds for a couple of days. Lungs became so sore and sensitive, that it basically just perpetuated itself into constant coughing all day and night. Fuck, it was so painful, I nearly bust out in tears. Even my shirt touching my chest was too much to bare, like someone had pounded on my chest and lungs with a meat hammer.
Pages: 1 ... 1425 1426 [1427] 1428 1429 ... 3345