Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710495 times)

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

I just by prepaid codes in Tesco, much less hassle.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

On the bright side, you don't need to worry about making the mistake a second time :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

As I was on my way to the store during my lunch break, not one, but 2 vehicles in separate incidents suddenly and without warning were driving down the WRONG GOD DAMN LANE OF A DIVIDED HIGHWAY. One was a 50 foot RV, the other was a bobcat bulldozer.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

As I was on my way to the store during my lunch break, not one, but 2 vehicles in separate incidents suddenly and without warning were driving down the WRONG GOD DAMN LANE OF A DIVIDED HIGHWAY. One was a 50 foot RV, the other was a bobcat bulldozer.
Probably special transport, which has licenses to ignore this kind of stuff.

Depends, did they lock the road first.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Nope, just driving headfirst into noontime traffic on the only major north/south road in town with nary a flashing light or flagperson to be seen.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Goddammit YouTube. When I want to watch a video, I want to watch the whole thing. I do NOT want you to stop loading the video after 30 seconds, forcing a refresh-and-fast-forward, only to stop loading again after ANOTHER 30 seconds. Why can't you simply WORK for once?! You used to work fine! WTF happened?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

What I hate is when it randomly decides to restart the video around ten minutes in.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the constant advertisements. No I don't want a product that has nothing to do with what I'm watching and have no use for.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

I don't ever see ads in YouTube. I guess adblock also blocks those.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

It does.
I'd like if I could disable it for certain channels though, I don't mind watching ads for channels I like, but I'd rather not for some random video.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

It does.
I'd like if I could disable it for certain channels though, I don't mind watching ads for channels I like, but I'd rather not for some random video.
1. Turn off adblock.
2. Go to channel you like.
3. Click on ads & Ctrl + W.
4. Rinse, repeat.
5. Turn on adblock.
6. Enjoy/rage at content.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

We take turns working a weekend rotation here, couple of people each week. In addition, I work every Sunday morning. Now in the past this has meant that when it was my turn to work rotation, I was all by my lonesome all Sunday morning. I had mentioned this several times in the past because it was annoying, but no one seemed to give a damn.

Now that I put in to swap rotations with somebody and get Easter Sunday off so I could have a nice solid weekend getaway with my GF, it's suddenly a problem and my request is denied unless somebody volunteers to come in and work for me. At 6am. On Easter Sunday.

I've been flexible as hell with schedule requests and pulled plenty of OT to cover for other people and scheduling gaps, and now they're going to pull this bullshit on me. FUCK THESE PEOPLE. I'm tired of bending over backwards when all they seem to want to do is bend me over the other way.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

My girlfriend and I spent the last hour and a half trying to record episodes for the Let's Play we're doing together, only to find out that instead of the lovely picture we were hoping for, our videos contain complete blackness with us talking cheerily above it.

Aaaagh. So much time and effort wasted.
And now you know to do test-runs first.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My girlfriend and I spent the last hour and a half trying to record episodes for the Let's Play we're doing together, only to find out that instead of the lovely picture we were hoping for, our videos contain complete blackness with us talking cheerily above it.

Aaaagh. So much time and effort wasted.

The hours of content and quality commentary I've lost due to recording errors, running out of diskspace, etc. is painful to think about. It'd be days, if I were to play the lost footage from end to end.

Nevertheless, sorry about that. After I did that a few times, I made a checklist of video and audio tests, and hardware checks to run whenever I'm about to start recording.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1424 1425 [1426] 1427 1428 ... 3345