Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710867 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21225 on: February 27, 2013, 03:12:31 pm »

Remember that whole VFX/Oscars thing?

Here's an article that does a much better job explaining the situation.

It's still a summary.  Doesn't nearly express what major production artists are put through, but it does a much better job explaining why the industry is suffering.  I thought it would be good to supplement my earlier post with some better information.
Though they certainly got the messy end of the BS stick, there may be some positive to come from this. If the VFX industry crashes, maybe Hollywood would go back to making actual good movies instead of just pretty explosions and CGI. That or the entire Hollywood system could crash because they have nothing left, which may be positive in and of itself.
If they weren't focusing on making flashy movies they'd just focus more on trying to hit the pirate bay some more instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21226 on: February 27, 2013, 04:40:52 pm »

Stupid school conspiring against me.  I had to lower the English class I'm taking next year from the AP level down to a mere honors level due to how it conflicts with taking both Pre-Cal honors, Chem 2, and Computer science.  So I'm still going to need to take English my 12th grade year. WHY DO YOU HATE ME SCHOOL SYSTEM?!

E: Part of my rage is also that, since I thought I would be taking AP English, I decided against taking AP Marine Biology and AP U.S History, since I didn't want to have too many AP classes.  But since I had to finalize my schedule today, I didn't have the time to go through the paperwork I would need to take those classes. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:45:53 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21227 on: February 27, 2013, 05:35:50 pm »

Fucking damn it! My parents have no insurance on their truck, even after I gave them money to do so. My brother, 26 years old, refuses to get a driver's license or vehicle. Now, they expect me to run his punk ass back and forth to school, despite having all but moved out.

My family pisses me off so very much.
If you didn't have the custody thing to deal with, I'd suggest you take a page out of kaijyuu's playbook and grab your girlfriend and move across the country. We have room in Cacalacky (and need to bolster our ranks for the upcoming War on Derp that is inevitable).
Oh, if it weren't for the whole "have a kid and pretend to be a responsible adult" thing, I would have been long gone. As it is, I'm pretty happy I stayed, considering that I never would have met girlfriend. My family just...ugh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21228 on: February 27, 2013, 10:24:34 pm »

Remember that whole VFX/Oscars thing?

Here's an article that does a much better job explaining the situation.

It's still a summary.  Doesn't nearly express what major production artists are put through, but it does a much better job explaining why the industry is suffering.  I thought it would be good to supplement my earlier post with some better information.
Though they certainly got the messy end of the BS stick, there may be some positive to come from this. If the VFX industry crashes, maybe Hollywood would go back to making actual good movies instead of just pretty explosions and CGI. That or the entire Hollywood system could crash because they have nothing left, which may be positive in and of itself.
If they weren't focusing on making flashy movies they'd just focus more on trying to hit the pirate bay some more instead.

I would sort of like to see Hollywood crash and burn.  I'd like to see our culture be less obsessed with celebrity worship.  I'd like to see the film industry, and entertainment in general, more broadly dispersed.  I'd like to see them be less dependent on special effects to sell their horrible watered down mass appeal content.

But I don't think it's as simple as that.  As Aklyon says, they will blame any losses on piracy, and double-down their draconian measures.  Plus, special effects aren't to blame for bad storytelling.  They're used as a crutch, sure, but there's absolutely no reason a movie can't have both good special effects and a good story.  Finally, the artists behind these special effects deserve better than the collapse of their industry.  The level of talent and dedication is insane.  Plenty of greedy, pampered, and out-of-touch-with-reality celebrities and executive producers deserve it, but not artists.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21229 on: February 27, 2013, 10:49:34 pm »

I'd meant more literally (TPB has been the target of how many things at this point?), but thats the same point more or less.

Meanwhile, India guy and his rageworthy (to hollywood and not much else) speech.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21230 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:39 pm »

A friend nut-tapped me with a bag full of dice as a response to me gently poking him with my finger. And he seems confused why I'm angry about it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21231 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:44 am »

Seem like my work that i have sent to my teacher has not gone to them and now i am going to loss marks...Fuck

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21232 on: February 28, 2013, 10:21:52 am »

I woke up this morning to find an FotF reply (woo!) and a voicemail about missing a knowledge bowl meet (dammit!)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21233 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:18 am »

A friend nut-tapped me with a bag full of dice as a response to me gently poking him with my finger. And he seems confused why I'm angry about it.

I never understood why people do this shit.  They did the bag-tagging thing when I was in high school 15 years ago, too.  I never found it funny.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21234 on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:59 am »

I was just pissed because he's an escalater. Do something small to him, he responds double. And frankly, the only time I'm hitting someone in the nuts is if I need them writhing on the ground. It's not something I'd do to a friend.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:49:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21235 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:51 am »

I was just pissed because he's an escalator. Do something small to him, he responds double.
I know that feel.

My rage is yet again youtube-related. The youtube player has decided that my 1600x900 screen is unworthy of full-screen youtube, and thus everything looks shitty as fuck.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21236 on: February 28, 2013, 12:16:27 pm »

I was just pissed because he's an escalator.
Use regular stairs next time.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21237 on: February 28, 2013, 04:22:20 pm »

I was just pissed because he's an escalator.
Use regular stairs next time.
Yeah man. I was stuck on an escalator once. Most boring two weeks of my life.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #21238 on: February 28, 2013, 05:41:49 pm »

Was walking home from the high school as some of the wisest, most clever teenage males on the face of the planet drove by and wittily shouted out to me in passing-"BITCH!"

Truly, the teenagers of this generation are the beautiful hope of the world. May those guys get testicular cancer that sucks out their eyeballs through their nostrils. Buncha smartass lazyass seniors, I assume. Even "bus wanker" would've been more witty and effective of an insult, and I wasn't even anywhere near a bus.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21239 on: February 28, 2013, 05:52:26 pm »

Eh, I've had grown men shout at me from their truck. It's a multi-generation problem.
Pages: 1 ... 1414 1415 [1416] 1417 1418 ... 3345