Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710866 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21210 on: February 26, 2013, 11:44:18 pm »

It really bugs me when people further generalize their sweeping generalizations by using the word "big." Big Government. Big Pharmaceutical. Et cetera.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21211 on: February 26, 2013, 11:53:37 pm »

Big Generalization is the worst, man. It's always terrible.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21212 on: February 26, 2013, 11:55:25 pm »

It really bugs me when people further generalize their sweeping generalizations by using the word "big." Big Government. Big Pharmaceutical. Et cetera.
Big deal.
</snark>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21213 on: February 27, 2013, 12:00:00 am »

I think Canada has two... maybe 3 large telecom companies. Bell and Rogers, maybe a third.

And considering their practices, there's no WAY they aren't collaborating to make more profit.

What would you call that but Big? :P

Edit: To clarify, there ARE other companies, but the Big Three control the main lines. The tinier ones rent, basically, the usage of those lines. There's been a bit of a push lately to make that more transparent and not as... blatantly "What could POSSIBLY go wrong!?", but I don't know how well that's doing.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 12:03:23 am by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21214 on: February 27, 2013, 12:02:12 am »

I think Canada has two... maybe 3 large telecom companies. Bell and Rogers, maybe a third.

And considering their practices, there's no WAY they aren't collaborating to make more profit.

thats called a Oligopoly

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21215 on: February 27, 2013, 12:15:31 am »

thats called a Oligopoly

That's called the state of almost every industry everywhere in the world today.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21216 on: February 27, 2013, 01:18:30 am »

Yes, phone is horribly expensive in Canada.

The only thing that can change that is when a new company comes in with lower price.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21217 on: February 27, 2013, 04:17:32 am »

Was 1gig from finishing a 8 gig download and steam goes "HURR DURR IMMMA JUST DELETE YOUR PROGRESS AND MAKE YOU START FROM THE BEGINNING"

Fuck you steam, fuck you.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21218 on: February 27, 2013, 07:13:43 am »

Was 1gig from finishing a 8 gig download and steam goes "HURR DURR IMMMA JUST DELETE YOUR PROGRESS AND MAKE YOU START FROM THE BEGINNING"

Fuck you steam, fuck you.
Do you have a disk? Some games can be installed from the disk. Check out Steam support.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21219 on: February 27, 2013, 08:27:43 am »

Remember that whole VFX/Oscars thing?

Here's an article that does a much better job explaining the situation.

It's still a summary.  Doesn't nearly express what major production artists are put through, but it does a much better job explaining why the industry is suffering.  I thought it would be good to supplement my earlier post with some better information.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21220 on: February 27, 2013, 08:55:30 am »

We have a test about something tomorrow on school. There is a lot of shit we haven't even seen, and half of it we had to fill in ourselves and may very well be wrong. Aagh. I just read it a few times. Let's hope for the best.

Oh, and Poo, wouldn't doing that be breaching your privacy or something like that?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21221 on: February 27, 2013, 11:23:56 am »

Oh, and Poo, wouldn't doing that be breaching your privacy or something like that?
Minor's don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21222 on: February 27, 2013, 12:49:09 pm »

Fucking damn it! My parents have no insurance on their truck, even after I gave them money to do so. My brother, 26 years old, refuses to get a driver's license or vehicle. Now, they expect me to run his punk ass back and forth to school, despite having all but moved out.

My family pisses me off so very much.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #21223 on: February 27, 2013, 02:03:11 pm »

Fucking damn it! My parents have no insurance on their truck, even after I gave them money to do so. My brother, 26 years old, refuses to get a driver's license or vehicle. Now, they expect me to run his punk ass back and forth to school, despite having all but moved out.

My family pisses me off so very much.
If you didn't have the custody thing to deal with, I'd suggest you take a page out of kaijyuu's playbook and grab your girlfriend and move across the country. We have room in Cacalacky (and need to bolster our ranks for the upcoming War on Derp that is inevitable).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21224 on: February 27, 2013, 02:43:13 pm »

Remember that whole VFX/Oscars thing?

Here's an article that does a much better job explaining the situation.

It's still a summary.  Doesn't nearly express what major production artists are put through, but it does a much better job explaining why the industry is suffering.  I thought it would be good to supplement my earlier post with some better information.
Though they certainly got the messy end of the BS stick, there may be some positive to come from this. If the VFX industry crashes, maybe Hollywood would go back to making actual good movies instead of just pretty explosions and CGI. That or the entire Hollywood system could crash because they have nothing left, which may be positive in and of itself.
Pages: 1 ... 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 ... 3345