Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710929 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21195 on: February 26, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »

My dad is going to bug the router with some surveylliance program.
That means he can see what im writing.
I said "just gonna use Tor then". He smacked my face, yelled "then ill destroy the router!"
So. Choice A: he can see what i am writing, thus i cant vent out or post about anything and then he can see my username and my past vents. Choice B: no internet, same effect.

Im [--this--] far away from just giving up.

My mom then throws her moses citations at me and tells me that i need to respect her as she respects me. Infringing my privacy, cutting me off from my friends, shoving pop culture and religion down my throat? ..respect? Where?

Now i cant do my homework because her oh-so-serious facebooking and online bible bashing totally needs 100% clearance.
It dosent matter what i do. Hell, as soon as i plug any device on the net they accuse me for anything that is wrong with anything electronic.

Why? Oh why? Why me?

Perkele..
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21196 on: February 26, 2013, 02:41:19 pm »

DrPoo, unless it actually works in the router (I haven't seen many routers that allow you to add software) or interrupts everything and reads it before rebuilding it and giving it back to the router, it sounds more like he wants to shove a keylogger into your computer.

If its the first one, I'd be surprised. The last one sounds the most likely. The last one is also a stupid idea and a decent AV would probably find it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 02:44:24 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21197 on: February 26, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »

Is he actually any good at computers?
Because I don't know of any programs that can read through what traffic is going through a router. What websites you visit yes, but not the actual content of information that you're sending/receiving.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21198 on: February 26, 2013, 02:46:10 pm »

Also, it was a dumb  move to reveal your plan. Learn from this, and keep them secret in future.
This is a blank sig.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21199 on: February 26, 2013, 02:49:14 pm »

THere certainly is programs that can filter and seletectively allow, (DPI and its ilk), but unless it also involves a keylogger (on a home router of all things?), with someone whose responce to Tor is 'break the router'? I doubt he could use it to any usable degree, unless he also has someone checking stuff for him.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21200 on: February 26, 2013, 02:52:55 pm »

Browsing the forums on an android netbook while I wait for my new lappy to arrive on thursday. I miss having a proper keyboard.  Is it too geekey to have chosen a new lappy based on the fact it had a numberpad, thus making DF easier to play on it?
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21201 on: February 26, 2013, 02:54:42 pm »

My next laptop will definitely have a numpad. This one is just so.. inadequate >.>

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21202 on: February 26, 2013, 02:57:18 pm »

Why? Oh why? Why me?
Sometimes it's not anything you've done, y'know? Folks of the sort you're describing have a tendency to take out their problems on other people.

Keep the eyes on the prize, DP. Only so much longer before you can walk out the door, disown them, maybe change your name, and never look back. They're only a temporary obstacle and resource, there to be used until you can stand on your own and then left in the dust. You've already long paid whatever dues you had for the good things they've done, if that's how they're treating you.

Though I don't suppose there's a 'net capable public library anywhere near, is there? Could always shrug the shoulders and use the internet there for anything sensitive.

Browsing the forums on an android netbook while I wait for my new lappy to arrive on thursday. I miss having a proper keyboard.  Is it too geekey to have chosen a new lappy based on the fact it had a numberpad, thus making DF easier to play on it?
Not even remotely too geeky. Numpad's pretty darn useful for a lot of things, not just DF.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21203 on: February 26, 2013, 03:49:58 pm »

Before my dad was fired he constantly worked with it.
Though he seems quite inept at anything that arent racks of hipaths...

I could check out if the local "library" has anything like that.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21204 on: February 26, 2013, 04:32:09 pm »

Raging at Hollywood right now.  I didn't watch the Oscars, but learned last night that there's some outrage going around about it.

The VFX industry has been in a deepening crisis for several years already.  They've been hit bad by outsourcing and abusive expectations, and it's incredibly specialized work.  I can tell you first-hand that the knowledge and dedication of the artists who work on these things is extraordinary.  I've read dozens of interviews with artists behind major special effects films, and I have yet to see a single one who hasn't traveled the world studying at various art schools or who can't recite the name of every bone & muscle group in the body, followed by mathematical formulas about the penetration or refraction of light through various surfaces.  It's an industry with no shortage of people as dedicated to their work as Truean.

Yet Rhythm & Hues, the studio behind this year's Oscar award for VFX, just filed for bankruptcy after pushing out a film that grossed $583 million.  They've had to lay off about 250 employees.

So laid off employees organize a protest outside the Oscars.  They're not protesting Rhythm and Hues.  Everything I've seen indicates that they've always been one of the best managed studios, and did everything it could for its employees.  They're there to protest the way the industry as a whole treats VFX studios.

And then this happens.

The Oscars respond by cutting out a huge chunk of the intro to the VFX nominations, basically the whole part that explains how important they are, and then cuts off the acceptance speech just as he begins to say something about this situation.  Supposedly it's because he took too long, but the timing is just too convenient, especially following the previous insult.  To top things off, I've seen multiple comments that any recording of this clip is being reportedly removed from Youtube.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:33:52 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21205 on: February 26, 2013, 04:38:19 pm »

To top things off, I've seen multiple comments that any recording of this clip is being reportedly removed from Youtube.
Fake DMCA takedowns (fake because of various reasons, usually not involving it actually being a fake of any kind): Because there wasn't enough stuff broken on youtube already.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #21206 on: February 26, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »

Its getting close to another critical deadline... And the testers are blaming the developers for dragging our feet. But that isn't true, we have been working our asses off.

This is new development, and our designs are not at all complete, and previous projects being extended time and again and people who quit without warning produced major setbacks.

You want shit done on time? Then don't ask the developer to finish design halfway through implementing the shit in the last week before it is due while all the Architects with the responsibility and authority to do this shit are out of town working on the next iteration.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21207 on: February 26, 2013, 07:14:42 pm »

What does your company's software address Nadaka?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #21208 on: February 26, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

I can't really tell you. And you don't really want to know.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21209 on: February 26, 2013, 07:44:24 pm »

I can't really tell you. And you don't really want to know.

skynet
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 ... 3345