Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1411 1412 [1413] 1414 1415 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3710937 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21180 on: February 26, 2013, 03:20:23 am »

... is iphone Safari as ungodly terrible as ipad Safari?
Worse.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put Yer Pants Back On Edition
« Reply #21181 on: February 26, 2013, 06:41:16 am »

So my workplace announced a new policy about 9 months ago called the Quality Insurance Program (QIP).  It focuses on 3 very broad types of processing errors.  If you get 4 of these errors in a year, you're fired.  This policy has been on trial for these 9 months.  If it were real, everyone would be fired.  Everyone.  Just received word today that they're probably making it real this Friday.  I imagine they're going to use this to get rid of everyone they don't like, and then drop it.  That probably includes me.  Time to find a new psychotically abusive corporate overlord job.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #21182 on: February 26, 2013, 07:00:18 am »

Kagus reminded me of my terrible community fort from 2008. Man, I was annoyingly young back then.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21183 on: February 26, 2013, 08:13:21 am »

* Descan hugs the noble flightless bird.

* Descan the slippery fishy deity.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21184 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:38 am »

Merged url and search bars? No thank you. :x

But what are the possible downsides D:? I am really puzzled by this.

This exactly. Ill never understand that mentality. It's not like I have a different kind of fork for every food do I? Why do I need separate bars eating up browser real estate?
But merged search and url bars are the most elegant thing I've ever seen D: It's also a good reason why I don't use Safari on my iPhone.
Now you're all making me feel bad for indulging in a senseless foible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21185 on: February 26, 2013, 10:31:46 am »

Here, have a practical reason to not need merged url/search bars:
Most urls aren't very long, and the otherwise empty space can be used as a search bar, which can be used to store text, or search for things.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21186 on: February 26, 2013, 10:42:55 am »

But multiple bars are ugly D:

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21187 on: February 26, 2013, 10:47:42 am »

But singular bars are usually wasting a good amount of space on larger (or not so large 1366x768) screens. D:
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21188 on: February 26, 2013, 11:28:56 am »

But you are wasting the same space if you put a search bar there.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21189 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:00 am »

But you are wasting the same space if you put a search bar there.
You can store text in a search bar, if you have a url bar there you'll lose the text when you change pages. Though you do still lose the text if you close the browser.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21190 on: February 26, 2013, 11:50:03 am »

But..
notepad..

D:

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21191 on: February 26, 2013, 12:02:02 pm »

But..
notepad..

D:
But then you have to open something else!
:)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21192 on: February 26, 2013, 12:09:17 pm »

You're saying your notepad is not always open ?
Though, I prefer having 2 search bars, the central one taking duckduckgo and url, the other searching on google. It kinda depends on what languages I want the results to be.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #21193 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:21 pm »

But..
notepad..

D:
But then you have to open something else!
:)
Chrome application :v

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21194 on: February 26, 2013, 01:13:57 pm »

My friend is such an utterly incomphrehensible always-right manipulative person.

I poke him with my keys. Cue discussion about that everything is a murder weapon. He says that he already won because he had this argument before with his steph dad. Later he says that his steph dad is a policeman. >.>

Oh, and I suggest to check out glitches on his (battery-empty) Pokémon Yellow cartridge. He says no, because he's afraid they'll destroy his game (altough he already said it was broken but then I pointed out that the battery was empty) or his gameboy. So I say, alright, let's do it on an emulator!

His reponse? "But then it'll still break my game!"
Cue me explaining to him that there is no risk whatsoever. He still disagrees. I asked him the reason, and it STILL seems to be that it'll break his game...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1411 1412 [1413] 1414 1415 ... 3345