Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3711614 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20895 on: February 15, 2013, 01:43:24 am »

Eduard Kihl is proud of you.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: February 15, 2013, 02:06:44 am »

I remember I was playing AvP2 as an alien, was huddled up inside an airvent in the ceiling. Of course a marine then backed himself into the corner just underneath me running from something else... Ah, those moments. I hope he was suitably scared.  :P
Another was the infestation mode in AvP2 where everyone would huddle inside a bunker/carport area. It would start off with one alien who would get killed easily, but eventually someone would miss and then there would be two aliens, then three... I don't think I ever played a true stalemate of that mode.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: February 15, 2013, 02:58:49 am »

I've had the Marines win on Infestation with no one dying to the Alien on the newest AvP, but you had to have a really stupid Alien and a really good (read: Campers) team of Marines. Whenever I was Marine, I always ran off and hunted the Alien, because FUCK YOU ALIENS. I DON'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING! Also being an alien is funner so win-win.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: February 15, 2013, 03:31:55 am »

Computer decided to 'Crash and burn' so now i am need to restart it and get everything installed...
FUKKKK

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: February 15, 2013, 06:34:52 am »

I've had the Marines win on Infestation with no one dying to the Alien on the newest AvP, but you had to have a really stupid Alien and a really good (read: Campers) team of Marines. Whenever I was Marine, I always ran off and hunted the Alien, because FUCK YOU ALIENS. I DON'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING! Also being an alien is funner so win-win.

I don't have AvP, but I know that feel from the Gmod zombie servers.
You'll always end up with the survivors holed up in an attic or cellar and blocking the enterance with sofas.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20900 on: February 15, 2013, 09:33:08 am »

You'll always end up with the survivors holed up in an attic or cellar and blocking the enterance with sofas.
BRB off to Ikea

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: February 15, 2013, 09:58:14 am »

My save in Silent Hunter 4 crashes on loading.
My second, earlier save crashes on loading.
I fail the first mission in a new game of X-Com: EU (remake)
I fail my next game within around 4 missions (I gave up after 3 dropped out of the council on the first report)
I have an audition tomorrow and still don't know my piece.
I still have more revision to do.

Life is good. :|
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: February 15, 2013, 10:35:21 am »

I don't have AvP, but I know that feel from the Gmod zombie servers.

Pft, the best barricades are the heavy metal cabinets. At least in CS:S zmod servers, anyhow. Zombie Panic's best props are the tiny little chairs that can completely block a doorway if you nail them right.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: February 15, 2013, 10:38:11 am »

Back when I played those zombie mods, there was no such thing as nailing stuff. You just pushed stuff until the zombies couldn't get into due to Source screwiness.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:48 am »

That's more with CS:S-style zmod. Zombie Panic as a gamemode has had nailing mechanics for a long time. Though with the former it was less 'push props' and more 'shoot props into place'. And the MP5 Navy was the best gun because it had the least recoil under sustained fire.

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #20905 on: February 15, 2013, 10:41:31 am »

Probably fifteen to twenty hours spent on making this water flow like it should, to no result.

I'm torn between feeling rage, feeling sad, and feeling demotivated. Dx I'll have to try considering abandoning it.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20906 on: February 15, 2013, 11:32:37 am »

I used to play the old AvP2 quite a bit. Less fun online because of Newton's Fourth law of Thermodynamics (random online gamers=cockmongers2), but still enjoyable.

EDIT: Oh hey, that happy thing I did at work? About to be invalidated by impending unnanounced infrastructure changes. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 12:18:15 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: February 15, 2013, 12:52:33 pm »

That's more with CS:S-style zmod. Zombie Panic as a gamemode has had nailing mechanics for a long time. Though with the former it was less 'push props' and more 'shoot props into place'. And the MP5 Navy was the best gun because it had the least recoil under sustained fire.
But planks are breakable in Zombie Panic. It just delays zombies (if you put it right).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20908 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:04 pm »

But planks are breakable in Zombie Panic. It just delays zombies (if you put it right).

Yes, but if you've got enough people shooting and repairing, you can hold out for a long time, especially if it's a location where the zeds have to cover a lot of open ground, jump, climb up a ladder, etc.

That, and non-plank props can be renailed, so you can keep a barricade up for as long as you can defend it.

3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: February 15, 2013, 12:59:25 pm »

Having spent a few weeks having trouble to find something to make for lunch, my parents finally get some ham and cheese. Unfortunately, they white American cheese, which for some reason makes me throw up whenever I eat it. Yellow American, and other types of white-colored cheese, don't do this. They also seem to have a problem that I have this problem that I've suddenly developed having all my life.

And the next day, all the ham was gone, so nothing to make for lunch. Last resort would probably to buy something from the college cafeteria, but it's expensive, poorly made, and the service sucks.

My stepdad has also, once again, required us to use the gas stove, as opposed to the normal one. Mind you, this is a gas stove meant to be used outdoors(and has warning as such, long peeled off, but some of it is still visible), inside a house that, due to the cold season, has limited ventilation.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 3345