Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3711609 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20880 on: February 14, 2013, 08:46:17 pm »

You stop liking Valentine's Day once it stops being about getting lots of free chocolate and starts being about you not getting any, if you know what I mean.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: February 14, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

You stop liking Valentine's Day once it stops being about getting lots of free chocolate and starts being about you not getting any, if you know what I mean.

Yeah. This, so very much.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: February 14, 2013, 08:53:01 pm »

I err... don't think I've ever gotten chocolate from anyone on valentines. Mind you, a friend did give me a logic puzzle today.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:35 pm »

I'd rather get the candy, honestly. The alternative just sounds like an awkward morning of shame, if I know what you mean.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20884 on: February 14, 2013, 09:02:17 pm »

>.> The goal isn't to just sleep around for Valentine's Day. It's to have someone you can celebrate Valentine's day WITH. Not necessarily sleep with them.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: February 14, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »

It's to have someone you can celebrate with and sleep with them.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20886 on: February 14, 2013, 09:32:16 pm »

It's to have someone you can celebrate with and sleep with them.
That's what I assumed was implied, yeh.

As for actual rage, I'm watching Northernlion's review of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

Why are you shooting humans for almost the entirety of the first level? Why is there a HUD when part of the horror was supposed to be the lack of a hud? Why is it so cookie-cutter and slow and why is the pulse rifle less than a hundred rounds and so bad it could shoot crayons and why is the alien blood so weak it's practically lemon juice that burns and ohmagerd the game is terrible. It's really that bad. Gak.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20887 on: February 14, 2013, 09:47:26 pm »

Well, for one thing it might've been split between like, 5 devs since Gearbox kept putting it off or something like that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: February 14, 2013, 11:51:15 pm »

I don't particularly feel the need to share myself fully with anyone else, so I'm still pretty good.
Besides, chocolate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20889 on: February 15, 2013, 12:13:10 am »

As for actual rage, I'm watching Northernlion's review of Aliens:Colonial Marines.

Why are you shooting humans for almost the entirety of the first level? Why is there a HUD when part of the horror was supposed to be the lack of a hud? Why is it so cookie-cutter and slow and why is the pulse rifle less than a hundred rounds and so bad it could shoot crayons and why is the alien blood so weak it's practically lemon juice that burns and ohmagerd the game is terrible. It's really that bad. Gak.

This so much.  So instead of making myself more angry at it, I decided to go play the old AVP from 2000 with the help of someone sending me a link to a version that works with modern DirectX.  Man, I forgot how hard this game was.

I died 4 or 5 times on the second level.  I knew the facehuggers were there.  I had the flamer ready.  Then a xeno attacks and I switch weapons.  I guess I backed up to the door too far and it opened, letting the little bugger out.  Game over.

Try again.  This time, I run into 3 xenos in a tight passage.  I fire a grenade.  One of them decides to flynig leap me half way into the grenade.  I got him, but the splash was close enough to get me too.

Try again.  Oh, hey, 4 xenomorphs in a tiny little air vent with me?  Guess how that turned out.

Man, this game is such a nostalgia trip filled with moments of pure rage.  I love it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20890 on: February 15, 2013, 12:30:43 am »

AvP original is badass man.

I like fighting the Predator at the end of the Alien campaign.
Predator decloaks, roars at you!
Me: Oh really? You think you're big shit huh? Do you have any idea. How. Fucking. Fast. I. AM?!
*Shanks predator, is thirty feet away by the time the predator realizes*
Me: That's right, you green blooded bitch. I'm like LIGHTNING. ANGRY LIGHTNING. I've got guys with guns, metal guys with guns, guns that are attached to the floor, guys with bombs, and vent fans and airlocks and all kinds of crazy shit. You don't scare me.
*Me proceeds to disassemble the Predator AND headbite him. Because FUCK YES ALIENS*
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: February 15, 2013, 12:31:50 am »

AvP original is badass man.

I like fighting the Predator at the end of the Alien campaign.
Predator decloaks, roars at you!
Me: Oh really? You think you're big shit huh? Do you have any idea. How. Fucking. Fast. I. AM?!
*Shanks predator, is thirty feet away by the time the predator realizes*
Me: That's right, you green blooded bitch. I'm like LIGHTNING. ANGRY LIGHTNING. I've got guys with guns, metal guys with guns, guns that are attached to the floor, guys with bombs, and vent fans and airlocks and all kinds of crazy shit. You don't scare me.
*Me proceeds to disassemble the Predator AND headbite him. Because FUCK YES ALIENS*
And then you play as Predator.
*alien jumps at you*
*casually bitchslap it to death*
Me: Meh.
Sig! Onol

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: February 15, 2013, 12:54:07 am »

Haha, I played against my friend online on AvP, him as Predator, me as Alien. He never realized how much faster and more fluid and LESS RETARDED than an AI alien I was until he played against me.
What I'm trying to say is that wall climbing is the most OP thing ever when you run 30 feet in a second and can jump the length of an oversized football field in a quarter second. I kited him to death for an hour before he got pissed and quit.
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: February 15, 2013, 01:36:05 am »

Haha, I played against my friend online on AvP, him as Predator, me as Alien. He never realized how much faster and more fluid and LESS RETARDED than an AI alien I was until he played against me.
What I'm trying to say is that wall climbing is the most OP thing ever when you run 30 feet in a second and can jump the length of an oversized football field in a quarter second. I kited him to death for an hour before he got pissed and quit.
Played like a true Xenomorph.
Sig! Onol

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: February 15, 2013, 01:42:29 am »

I always loved playing the New AvP for 360 on Infestation Multiplayer mode, as the original Alien. One round, I killed the whole enemy team before THE FIRST DEAD GUY SPAWNED AS ANOTHER ALIEN. Another round, at three seconds left to go, I found the last human standing. He was hiding in a corner, facing me, I was on the ceiling in the next room over. At 2 seconds, I dashed in, and caught him by surprise, and killed him in a few swings.
I killed him at 1 second to go until he won. I felt like such a badass.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 3345