Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3711817 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20820 on: February 13, 2013, 10:10:34 am »

First question would be, do you have your own user account or are you signed into the admin account?

If you don't have a user with admin privileges, you may be screwed depending on how permissioning was done.

Is it an installed program and/or does it have background services that you need to kill? Is it a browser add-on or what?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20821 on: February 13, 2013, 10:15:56 am »

Installed program. I gave myself admin privelges a while ago. But it doesn't seem to be a add-on. there are also multiple component's it seems. I'vr tried just deleting it (uninstalling requires a password) but then I have no internet at all
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20822 on: February 13, 2013, 10:16:57 am »

Hmm, ccleaner has an uninstaller built-in. Altough I'm not sure how good that would work. What's the exact name?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20823 on: February 13, 2013, 10:21:08 am »

My mother has installed a netnanny onto the computer, which, among other things, severly limits my ability to do work. note, it does not prevent me from surfing the forums, but it does prevent mer from posting and contributing. It also prevents em from accessing my emaill, wehere many of my teachers send work, my english teacher's blog where he posts assignments and the stories we read(for "mature/adult" content of all things), and limits the window where I can access the internet to 7-10.

I must get this thing off, but damn. I've tried a ot of things, but it is pretty comprehensive (note: It does not prevent me from searching how to disable it). Someone help. I'm trying to convince her to take it off, but she is stuborn, and insists it works.
Try sitting her down and showing her you trying to access your school work related things and it blocking them?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20824 on: February 13, 2013, 10:28:06 am »

CCleaner also has a startup section. Remove it from that, boot into safe mode and uninstall it from there?

If nothing else, you could always just delete the folder it installed to (possibly in command prompt if explorer don't let you) with admin privileges and reboot, it won't work if its broken.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:30:24 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20825 on: February 13, 2013, 10:35:53 am »

It's probably in registry too. Try going into regedit and search for it.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20826 on: February 13, 2013, 10:44:07 am »

Does it have an active process (processes) in the task manager you can kill?
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20827 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:00 am »

Does it have an active process (processes) in the task manager you can kill?
This would be my first thought. A lot of programs resist deletion because they're actively running something.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20828 on: February 13, 2013, 11:04:05 am »

Half of my expensive USB headphones just stopped working.

Fucking piece of junk. Ten euros more expensive than my brother's headphones, and 50% worse. They fail to block out sound at all, they broke after i don't know, probably 9 months after wich I ducttaped them back togheter and now they stopped working, barely a year after I bought them. And now I can't game at all, because I need sound and I can't have sound without being extremely annoyed or annoying everyone else. Fucking yay.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20829 on: February 13, 2013, 11:13:06 am »

That's why I finally switched to just using cheap iPod earbuds. Got sick of spending good money on headsets only to see them fall apart after six months or so.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20830 on: February 13, 2013, 11:16:13 am »

That's why I finally switched to just using cheap iPod earbuds. Got sick of spending good money on headsets only to see them fall apart after six months or so.
But earbuds are uncomfortable as hell D:

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20831 on: February 13, 2013, 11:17:35 am »

But earbuds are uncomfortable as hell D:
And bad. But you can find good headsets for cheap. Some brands make good low price that can last quite long.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20832 on: February 13, 2013, 11:23:44 am »

And what are these brands? I'm never buying anything from Trust again, so much is certain.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20833 on: February 13, 2013, 11:27:42 am »

Well, these have lasted me ages. (they were also only $20, so I don't know why they suddenly went up, maybe theres a newer version of it?) I had to get a second pair since my brother ripped part of the ear pad, but thats entierly different from them breaking on their own.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20834 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:44 am »

I find good ear buds with the jelly fittings cause me way less pain that headphones, even good ones. Unfortunately they get gunk and sometimes aren't as durable.
Pages: 1 ... 1387 1388 [1389] 1390 1391 ... 3345