Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700109 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20805 on: February 12, 2013, 05:47:13 pm »

Eh... I can sympathize.  When I see sexy fanart of something that was never intended to be sexy, it's more jarring than anything.  To pick up on the theme of an ongoing rant of mine: xenomorphs. ???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My Little Xenomorph?  You might be on to something... actually... I'm pretty sure I've seen that somewhere. Probably a dozen times by now.

On the topic of monster girls, they are usually pretty high up on my list of things that I dislike.  I can handle monsters, and I can handle cute things, but when you mix them together into some strange creepy little girl who's trying to look cute with random inanimate or monster bits tossed on I usually just roll my eyes.

I know they're not necessarily related, but I think it's my general distaste for anime bleeding through that's at least partly to blame for that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20806 on: February 12, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

There's a distinct difference between monster girls and this.

What always leave me puzzled is whether they're doing R34 just to be different/lulzy....or if someone out there truly gets sexual stimulation from that kind of juxtaposition. Either way, it's beyond what I want to look at. Ever.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20807 on: February 12, 2013, 05:53:12 pm »

That link is just plain stupid, if I'm going to be honest there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20808 on: February 12, 2013, 06:03:44 pm »

Eh... I can sympathize.  When I see sexy fanart of something that was never intended to be sexy, it's more jarring than anything.  To pick up on the theme of an ongoing rant of mine: xenomorphs. ???

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
MURPHAAAAY :D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20809 on: February 12, 2013, 06:04:10 pm »

That link is just plain stupid, if I'm going to be honest there.

I think it's right up on there with "Sexy Zombies." The same desires to be shocking, sexual and subversive are at play in both. Sure, one may have been a cynical marketing attempt while the other is someone's honest to God creativity....but they're both essentially trying to reach the same goal.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20810 on: February 12, 2013, 06:04:49 pm »

What always leave me puzzled is whether they're doing R34 just to be different/lulzy....or if someone out there truly gets sexual stimulation from that kind of juxtaposition. Either way, it's beyond what I want to look at. Ever.

From what I can gather, it is the lulz of messing with people up, and then they get off on the reaction.
So basically some people have a sexual attraction to troll victims.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #20811 on: February 12, 2013, 06:19:22 pm »

Can't find my wired xbox controller.

Ragh. I wantee play my [legitimate PS2]
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20812 on: February 12, 2013, 06:35:13 pm »

That reminds me: my SNES is broken.  The controller port needs to be replaced I think.

I want to play Joe & Mac, and Kirby Superstar.  :(

And just knowing I can't makes me want to play Megaman X1-X3, Mario World, and 25 other games.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20813 on: February 12, 2013, 06:45:00 pm »

It was a friggin' undead mutilated dragon, man. That is the most unsexy thing I can imagine.
It depends on your definition of "sexy". To me, an undead dragon could be an incredibly awesome and powerful figure in a fantasy universe if done right, and if the designer was creative enough it could be pure eye-candy. Could I call this subject "Sexy?" Yes, just like I could call it "Awesome" or "Wicked sick" or "pure skeelz".

Would I want to bang an undead dragon?...nah. I don't want my face burned off. Also 'cuz don't find dragons sexually arousing.

Now, would I want to bang an anthropomorphic and/or suggestively-erotic undead dragon? Most certainly no.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20814 on: February 12, 2013, 06:46:38 pm »

It's pretty certainly both, sometimes at the same time, sometimes not. Guro is a surprisingly prolific genre, enough so that even avoiding it like the plague I still run into it. I can sorta' grok the triggers it's supposed to be flipping (there seems to be a definite aesthetic to a lot of it, and it's actually somewhat coherent), but those triggers are triggers I lack. S'like vore. I grok vore, I understand the appeal, it just doesn't appeal t'me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20815 on: February 12, 2013, 06:53:13 pm »

It was a friggin' undead mutilated dragon, man. That is the most unsexy thing I can imagine.
It depends on your definition of "sexy". To me, an undead dragon could be an incredibly awesome and powerful figure in a fantasy universe if done right, and if the designer was creative enough it could be pure eye-candy. Could I call this subject "Sexy?" Yes, just like I could call it "Awesome" or "Wicked sick" or "pure skeelz".
It was pretty badass. Awesome design.
Its ribcage was exposed and it used the ribcage as a gigantic jaw. So cool.
Just not sexy in the sexual sense. :P
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20816 on: February 12, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »

So they locked the dorm's only kitchen, which also contains the only vending machines, because the sixth floor created a pile of garbage in their lobby over the weekend.

It's not my fucking fault the sixth floor can't not overflow their garbage! Now I have to go all the way to the dining halls if I want any food, and any snacks are out of the question. Now they're talking about a "key rental system" to even get into the kitchen/vending machine room again.

I wish they hadn't installed that kitchen, the garbage overflow only started after they did. Now I'll probably never have access to the vending machines again.

All this on top of a rather harrowing experience I had trying to sleep last night. Since he doesn't have class half the week, my roommate takes those nights to be an utter inconsiderate jackass since he doesn't have to sleep, and last night was no different. We both go to bed at around 1:00 AM. At around 1:30 AM, he gets up, gets dressed, and promptly leaves. Ok, whatever, I can sleep better with him gone.

2:30 AM, he shows up back at the room and lays down on his bed clothed, leaving the door open and letting the hall light flood into the room. I get up to close the door and he tells me not to because he's leaving soon. I humor this for fifteen minutes and close the door anyway, because I can't fucking sleep when the room is lit. At 3:00 he leaves.

4:30 AM, he shows up again, waking me up, and leaves.

6:30 AM, he shows up again and turns on the fucking fluorescent light. I tell him to turn it off. He tells me, and I fucking quote "Chill out dude, it's only 6:30". I repeat his words back to him incredulously. He says "Yeah, so technically it's morning" like he's smart about it or something. I tell him I don't give a shit. He tells me he doesn't give a shit that I don't give a shit and that he needs to get his jacket, so I should calm down.

FUCKING MORON CAN'T THINK TO FIND HIS COAT IN DIM LIGHT FROM THE HALL, OR HIS FUCKING CELL PHONE LIGHT, NO, ALL THE LIGHT HAS TO COME ON AND SOMEHOW I'M IN THE WRONG FOR NOT WANTING TO BE WOKEN UP BY BLINDING LIGHT WITH ONLY A FEW HOURS OF SLEEP BECAUSE THIS JACKASS KEEPS INTERRUPTING IT.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:22:10 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20817 on: February 13, 2013, 12:37:02 am »

I told my family to wake me up from a nap an hour after I fell asleep, at 7:00PM.

I woke up on my own at 11:00PM.

I had homework I had to do, and I was planning to do it at 9:00PM.

>_<

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20818 on: February 13, 2013, 03:22:43 am »

And now, for the umpteenth night in a row, I get to try to fall asleep while my roommate is snoring, because he won't fucking take care of himself and take allergy/sinus meds or do something as simple as BLOW HIS FUCKING NOSE.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20819 on: February 13, 2013, 10:02:40 am »

My mother has installed a netnanny onto the computer, which, among other things, severly limits my ability to do work. note, it does not prevent me from surfing the forums, but it does prevent mer from posting and contributing. It also prevents em from accessing my emaill, wehere many of my teachers send work, my english teacher's blog where he posts assignments and the stories we read(for "mature/adult" content of all things), and limits the window where I can access the internet to 7-10.

I must get this thing off, but damn. I've tried a ot of things, but it is pretty comprehensive (note: It does not prevent me from searching how to disable it). Someone help. I'm trying to convince her to take it off, but she is stuborn, and insists it works.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1386 1387 [1388] 1389 1390 ... 3345