Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700414 times)

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Sonic the Betrayer Edition
« Reply #20760 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:26 pm »

That was the general plan for me anyways. Thanks for the help though.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Sonic the Betrayer Edition
« Reply #20761 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:38 am »

I was forced to miss a day of school because I was sick. That is all.

But it's Carnival, why do you have school D:?
Carnival?
Spoiler: Carnival! (click to show/hide)
Venice? If so: You lucky bastard.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20762 on: February 12, 2013, 12:45:16 am »

My MSN actually lacks an option to block people... which wouldn't be a problem except there is no way for me to stop spammers from sending me spam.

The ONLY reason I still use MSN is because it is quicker to get to my email.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #20763 on: February 12, 2013, 01:57:29 am »

If you have 3 inches of motion before WTFBBQ!? type pain, it most likely isn't really broken. Though it could be a minor fracture or any number of other problems.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20764 on: February 12, 2013, 10:35:31 am »

Been getting excited about Aliens: Colonial Marines. Comes out today. Then I start hitting up the review sites and find out it's getting creamed by reviewers as buggy, glitchy, fugly and seeming like it released straight from 2006 when development was picked up by Gearbox. I mean, I should have known. The signs were on the wall long before this. It's still beyond raeg inducing that big developers can take a multi-million dollar franchise and effectively wipe their ass with it, then release it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:17:37 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20765 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:53 am »

Fairly sure I broke my arm today, while riding my bike. It looks fine but I can only move it about 3 inches in every direction, although after that it's all pain.

If  I may ask: where did you hit yourself, and where does it hurt, and doing what movements?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: GAME OVER MAN Edition
« Reply #20766 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

It honestly sounds more like you sprained your arm then it broke.

Sprains from big falls are really nasty.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20767 on: February 12, 2013, 11:46:24 am »

Been getting excited about Aliens: Colonial Marines. Comes out today. Then I start hitting up the review sites and find out it's getting creamed by reviewers as buggy, glitchy, fugly and seeming like it released straight from 2006 when development was picked up by Gearbox. I mean, I should have known. The signs were on the wall long before this. It's still beyond raeg inducing that big developers can take a multi-million dollar franchise and effectively wipe their ass with it, then release it.

>:(  Son of a...

I've had it up to here with my favorite franchises getting ruined.  Aliens is one of the worst offenders.  What makes it even worse is that the developers swore up and down they were going to do it right this time.

I've been trained to conclude that any time a developer or producer claims that, "We're going to do it right this time", "We're taking it back to its roots", "We're taking it in a new direction", or anything of the sort, they're really saying, "We're going to destroy this thing and have a merry time doing it!"

I've freaking lost count of the number of times this seems to have happened to things I like.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20768 on: February 12, 2013, 12:23:01 pm »

Yea. You should probably avoid Sim City 5 then. They are going out of their way to ruin it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20769 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:23 pm »

Yea. You should probably avoid Sim City 5 then. They are going out of their way to ruin it.
I don't know about that. There seems to be a lot of "They changed it now it sucks" backlash, but without having my hands on it, I'll remain neutral and somewhat hopeful.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20770 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:33 pm »

I don't know about that. There seems to be a lot of "They changed it now it sucks" backlash, but without having my hands on it, I'll remain neutral and somewhat hopeful.

It is more: "They changed it for the worse and now it sucks"

There is a difference. Yet both don't nessisarily mean a game is bad (in the "changed it for the worse" case, just becuase you add flaws to a project it doesn't mean it is bad)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20771 on: February 12, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »

It requires Origins to play, that alone means it will never ever touch a machine of mine. It is now a multiplayer game with no single player option. There are no subways. The list goes on. Its a train wreck.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20772 on: February 12, 2013, 01:09:32 pm »

Yes, Simcity 5 is definitely on my list of "They changed it, now it sucks" upcoming games.  I have no intention of touching it now that I've read about it.  I had ever so tenuous hopes that Aliens: Colonial Marines would be a passable game that as an Aliens fan I could appreciate, but I've got significant doubts now.  In fact, I suspect my level of nerdiness related to Aliens would make it worse.  40 round pulse rifle?  WTF is this?  Did they change this just to annoy people who know it's supposed to have a 99 round magazine?  (Yes, I know it's supposed to be a different model, but they didn't have to do that.)

Maybe I'll get it when it's $25.  Maybe.

Right now I'm holding out that I may yet like Dead Space 3.  I don't like some of the things I've read about it, but at least the game is getting very good reviews.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20773 on: February 12, 2013, 01:10:37 pm »

Yes, Simcity 5 is definitely on my list of "They changed it, now it sucks" upcoming games.

You are aware that the point of that phrase is that the change is what makes it suck. Not the quality of the changes but the change itself.

Or rather it is a trope of "The community is being irrational".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20774 on: February 12, 2013, 01:12:39 pm »

Neonivek, I feel like your words are supposed to mean something, but putting them together in the order you have... well, I'm at a loss to say what, exactly.
Pages: 1 ... 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 ... 3345