Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3701401 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Sonic the Betrayer Edition
« Reply #20730 on: February 10, 2013, 03:25:56 pm »

If you need to express your oppinion Jervill, make sure you have a solid reason why your oppinion is valid and express it to the best of your ability. Weakening your speach in order to be inoffensive is a flaw in writing as it can easily be confused for being unsure of oneself or weak in one's convictions. While overly strengthening one's speach can also have the effect of making one seem bullheaded.

The latter effect can also be achieved by de-railing a thread to argue endlessly about one or two aspects of the topic you don't like. Which is why I said "stop being frustrated and move on." Stating your opinion does not obligate you to spend hours making sure people understand every aspect of it. There's also the option of ignoring people.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Sonic the Betrayer Edition
« Reply #20731 on: February 10, 2013, 03:44:32 pm »

This is getting meta.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20732 on: February 10, 2013, 03:46:48 pm »

If you need to express your oppinion Jervill, make sure you have a solid reason why your oppinion is valid and express it to the best of your ability. Weakening your speach in order to be inoffensive is a flaw in writing as it can easily be confused for being unsure of oneself or weak in one's convictions. While overly strengthening one's speach can also have the effect of making one seem bullheaded.
There's also the option of ignoring people.

When someone responds to me dirrectly?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20733 on: February 10, 2013, 03:48:26 pm »

There's also the option of ignoring people.

When someone responds to me dirrectly?

Yes!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20734 on: February 10, 2013, 04:00:32 pm »

I'll hold you to it! :P

I think I see the issue here.

These should help

I ignore links, especially when unexplained. On the internet it is a vital skill.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:07:03 pm by Neonivek »

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #20735 on: February 10, 2013, 04:25:48 pm »

They're just google searches
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20736 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25:54 pm »

I'm not sure if it's actually possible to toss LMGTFY links at someone without it coming off as snarky.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:56:22 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #20737 on: February 10, 2013, 06:30:17 pm »

I'm not sure if it's actually possible to toss LMGTFY links as someone without it coming off as snarky.

The answer to that is obvious.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #20738 on: February 10, 2013, 06:31:55 pm »

Considering it ends every link with an aggravating 'Was that so hard?' I would say, no.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20739 on: February 10, 2013, 09:08:54 pm »

I'm not sure if it's actually possible to toss LMGTFY links at someone without it coming off as snarky.
Sarcasm and snark makes the world go 'round, right?...or was that money?

Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal (then again, I tend to be sarcastic and snarky all the time). There's many other things worth getting offended over, and this is the internet. 'Tis a silly place, one we should not take so seriously all the time.

What's funnier to me is that there is indeed discussions popping up on Google about this very topic. Oh Google, is there anything it can't find?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20740 on: February 10, 2013, 09:10:37 pm »

I'm not sure if it's actually possible to toss LMGTFY links as someone without it coming off as snarky.

Ohaider. Yo dawg, I heard you like LMGTFY.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20741 on: February 10, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

Ohaider. Yo dawg, I heard you like LMGTFY.
Huh. According to your link, Google can't find any results for that. You've answered my rhetorical question, and broke Google.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #20742 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:29 pm »

I personally find it makes sure everyone gets the same google results and no one goes off on a tangent.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20743 on: February 10, 2013, 09:54:37 pm »

Which linking to the actual results does just as well?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20744 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:54 pm »

It's intended to mock people who refuse to do the research themselves, usually aimed at a person's perceived stupidity or laziness. In that way, it can function as a motivator so people stop asking stupid or obvious questions.

However, I find that asking a simple question can net you an answer/multiple answers that it would take much longer to search for. In cases such as this, it can be a huge time saver overall.

In short, don't mock people for being stupid/lazy unless they do what they do specifically to be stupid or lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 [1383] 1384 1385 ... 3345