Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702159 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Sonic the Betrayer Edition
« Reply #20685 on: February 07, 2013, 10:52:05 pm »

Jupiter, The Bringer of Jollity.
Which reminds me, Wikipedia's sample sucks. So boring. If anyone wants to see it, youtube smalin jupiter holst :D Smalin is awesome for classical.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Sonic the Betrayer Edition
« Reply #20686 on: February 07, 2013, 10:53:18 pm »

Party Girl showed up and tried to force her way in, started saying "Rape" when I wouldn't, and then, only then told me that she and her friends were here to get something for my roommate.

"Why don't you like me?" Take a fucking guess, bitch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: February 07, 2013, 10:55:13 pm »

Someone stole my sheet while it was washing. I mean, seriously, you're stealing a sheet ? I have another, but fuuuuuuu, you're stupid, assface. I hope you get nightmares in it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: February 07, 2013, 10:56:35 pm »

Party Girl showed up and tried to force her way in, started saying "Rape" when I wouldn't, and then, only then told me that she and her friends were here to get something for my roommate.

Was...was she threatening to rape you?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: February 07, 2013, 10:58:03 pm »

Ugh, some punks are sitting in their car just outside the place I'm working at, pumping their bass and vibrating the windows ._.
Blast Requiem for a Dream at them.  That should get them to move.
This would revolutionize warfare. Victory would be determined by who can blast Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata or Mars the God of War loudest.
Geneva Convention: Please god don't play 'Friday'.
Are songs targeted at teenage girls allowed to be played in a wartime environment?
Teenage girl soldiers? Aggressive pillow fighting?
What about banning Celine Dion from being played as a war weapon?
Just go old school. Use Van Halen. "Panama" indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: February 07, 2013, 10:58:56 pm »

No, she was threatening to start screaming rape at my door in a male dorm if I didn't let her in. Or at least that's the implication I got. She's a dangerous person, that much is now clear.

At this point I almost want to get a restraining order.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: February 07, 2013, 10:59:48 pm »

No, she was threatening to start screaming rape at my door in a male dorm if I didn't let her in. Or at least that's the implication I got. She's a dangerous person, that much is now clear.

You know, that's a really good idea. I say go for it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:19 pm »

Has your RA been of absolutely no help whatsoever?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:33 pm »

You know, that's a really good idea. I say go for it.
YES
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: February 07, 2013, 11:03:11 pm »

Has your RA been of absolutely no help whatsoever?
This happened like a minute ago, dude.

Anyway, she was being manipulative so I'd let her in the room, nothing more. I don't really wish to go through the trouble of getting a restraining order against one of my roommate's friends if I don't have to. If she tries something like that again I will, but I've got other shit to worry about right now. Besides, I have no substantial grounds for a restraining order, just my word.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: February 07, 2013, 11:04:25 pm »

Well, failing that, we merge the two concurrent conversations, and my suggestion is to bludgeon her with Van Halen guitar riffs until sufficiently deafened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: February 07, 2013, 11:12:31 pm »

Play your music loudly enough and you will generate a solid barrier at your door, especially if your tastes skew to anything that isn't recent.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: February 08, 2013, 12:47:13 am »

I'm trying to wrap my mind around her logic of, rather than clearly stating why she's entering your room in the first place, she instead tries to be an obnoxious prick. Maybe she thinks she's acting "cute" or something. Sounds like a generic party girl prick, I guess.

As for my rage, high school hallway traffic congestion. Gaaaaah. At some points I've seen couples holding hands, having to go single file through really congested areas, and they still hold hands...and try to force their way past other people, cutting off single guys just trying to make their way through the crowds to the next class. *cough*me*cough* Holding hands does not help the traffic congestion at all. Dating does not force you to lock hands at all times, for chrissake. Then there's all the slow-walkers, the amblers, the hordes of teeny-boppers looking at their phones while walking through heavily trafficked areas, couples making out in the midst of it all...gak. It's like I'm playing Frogger or something.

I really should just avoid the problem areas when I can, but I can still complain about it.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: February 08, 2013, 12:47:34 am »

Play your music loudly enough and you will generate a solid barrier at your door, especially if your tastes skew to anything that isn't recent.

If a Mr. Mime can do it, anyone can.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: February 08, 2013, 05:40:56 am »

Aaagh. Steam support asked me to rename my SteamApps folder and someshit. It didn't work to help my Civ 4 problem, but now I have to fix this. Explorer keeps crashing and saying "DIZ FOLDER EEZ BEIN UZED" altough steam is shut down. Renaming the old steamapps folder ALSO crashes explorer... I can't try deleting it either, because now my files are spread over half of them.

E: Even more rage: I want to clone my HD in virtualbox to a bigger HD, but I can't because it has spaces in the name. If I try to rename it it doesnt work either. RAAH. JUST LET ME FUCKING PLAY MY GAME. WHY CANT FIRAXIS MAKE THEIR BULLSHIT GAMES WORK? WHY CANT VIRTUALBOX MAKE THEIR COMMAND PROMPTS SOMEWHAT BEARALBE IN A POST 8.3 ERA?

E: AND NOW THAT FUCKING HARDDRIVE IS UNUSABLE FOR GOD KNOWS WHAT FUCKING REASON. THERE GOES A DAY OF WORK. FUCK FIRAXIS.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 06:36:26 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 3345