Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703553 times)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Anti-Something Edition
« Reply #20520 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:42 pm »

Maybe I was little bit over enthusiastic with my rage, but still, paying to unlock more parts of the story line?
I understand entirely that they are a company, and they need money to pay wages and etc, but there is a fine line between,
"Free-to-pay with reasonable pay-to-use features" and "Free-to-play unless you feel like playing the storyline."
They already sell Booster Packs, I don't see why ransoming off the story is necessary.
I would post the rest of my argument here, but I am unsure as to most of the information I planned on using, and didn't want to put myself out there as more of an idiot than I already look.

TL;DR I am a teenager who has that sense of entitlement that drives me myself insane.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20521 on: February 04, 2013, 09:57:50 pm »

I went to an ice cream parlor today and got one of those little spoons with a free taste. But for some reason they refused to give me a loaded cone for free, and they told me to buy something or leave after my eighth sample. What, do they think I'm made out of money?

It is because there are these snots who will actually walk into icecream parlors and have so many free samples that they basically had their fill of icecream.
If you look up into the sky, you might see the joke flying way over your head! :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20522 on: February 04, 2013, 10:03:46 pm »

Fuck, I just hung up on the Blood Donation guys by accident while pulling my phone out of my pocket.
Now I'm going to have to make my own appointments and such... Who knew bleeding out was so painful?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20523 on: February 04, 2013, 10:04:26 pm »

I don't see why ransoming off the story is necessary.
No one ever said people were good at F2P in a big company, and you mentioned Sony, who says they have f2p in the psn store but the only thing maybe worth it is the eve online-related game, the other 4/5 sound rubbish or meh.
The star wars mmo did it pretty much backwards in comparison to that and people are confused they didn't try to ransom the story away there.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20524 on: February 04, 2013, 10:47:09 pm »

I've been experiencing some weird connectivity issues tonight. This has been especially annoying when I was editing some Google Docs.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20525 on: February 05, 2013, 12:27:01 am »

You know what peaves me?

People who review Point and Click adventures with a strategy guide in their hands.

It ENTIRELY skews the review when you know how the solutions pan out. Many of the WORST point and clicks have good story and humor but gameplay so terrible you are never going to finish.

This is like reviewing a first person shooter with god mode, no clip, and all weapons on from the start.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 12:30:25 am by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20526 on: February 05, 2013, 12:31:01 am »

I went to an ice cream parlor today and got one of those little spoons with a free taste. But for some reason they refused to give me a loaded cone for free, and they told me to buy something or leave after my eighth sample. What, do they think I'm made out of money?

It is because there are these snots who will actually walk into icecream parlors and have so many free samples that they basically had their fill of icecream.
If you look up into the sky, you might see the joke flying way over your head! :P
Sometimes I wonder if Neonivek is simply the finest, most subtle troll we've ever had. Because man, if you are, keep it up.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20527 on: February 05, 2013, 12:37:17 am »

THE LACK OF INFORMATION ON MOUNT & BLADE 2!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20528 on: February 05, 2013, 12:40:55 am »

THE LACK OF INFORMATION ON MOUNT & BLADE 2!

Honestly I think it is in the really early stages. I am not sure there is information to hear.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #20529 on: February 05, 2013, 12:48:17 am »

Went digging around yesterday, and saw a couple statements that it wasn't too far off.  Wouldn't be surprised if those were completely false, though.  I'm just anxious to see what they're going to do with it.  M&B was a great game that was just horribly unpolished.  I'm hoping they've learned a lot that will lead to a more streamlined experience in the next one.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20530 on: February 05, 2013, 02:59:05 am »

Someone in my apartment keeps on trying to feed the TV remote to the recliner with his ass, and I mean that quite literally. Just another reason why I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
I think I'd just take to changing the channel manually. Just sayin'.  :-\
You can't do that with Comcast.
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20531 on: February 05, 2013, 03:03:42 am »

Someone in my apartment keeps on trying to feed the TV remote to the recliner with his ass, and I mean that quite literally. Just another reason why I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Do you have the tiny ~70-channel receivers? Those are the only ones I know of that don't have buttons on the front, though it's been a couple of years.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20532 on: February 05, 2013, 03:10:54 am »

Reason Comcast sucks #849: Inability to get around your roommates' attempts to manipulate the remote with their anus.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20533 on: February 05, 2013, 03:12:58 am »

Reason Comcast sucks #849: Inability to get around your roommates' attempts to manipulate the remote with their anus.
you can tell your roommate to find a new toy plz

Skold

• Bay Watcher
  • Halaster has nothing on me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20534 on: February 05, 2013, 10:58:31 am »

Do you have the tiny ~70-channel receivers? Those are the only ones I know of that don't have buttons on the front, though it's been a couple of years.
No, with how Comcast works you literally can only change the channel with the remote that Comcast provides when they set up your cable service. At least that is how it works here.

It's more or less the gluteus maximus that ends up being the problem.
I was known as dei before. Chances are that isn't a good thing.

Just as a warning, I have Asperger's Syndrome and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Between the lack of a sense of humor, the eccentricities, bizarre obsessions and the swiss cheese-like memory, talking to me should be interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 1367 1368 [1369] 1370 1371 ... 3345