Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704004 times)

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Anti-Something Edition
« Reply #20505 on: February 04, 2013, 05:56:36 pm »

Great.  I just checked the course I'm taking online and I'll probally get dropped tommorow unless I can come to an agreement with the instructor.  I missed multiple assigment which were due Friday, either because I failed to realize they were due Friday, or I thought I had done them.  and there is the one assigment that I am fairly sure I did complete, so unless there was some second part to it then I might be able to use that to scrape by. 
there are also a few other things I'm raging at myself for but I don't feel like listing here.  WHY MUST I DO THESE THINGS TO MYSELF?!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20506 on: February 04, 2013, 08:03:19 pm »

My stupid mother will NOT stop 'helping' me no matter what I say. And when I finally lose my temper, she starts bawling about how she can't believe her son is talking to her like this and how she was just trying to help... I can't do it any more. I cannot deal with this useless, infuriating woman any longer.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20507 on: February 04, 2013, 08:05:46 pm »

In what ways is she 'helping' you? She might be genuily tring to help and doesn't realize that it's not helping.  If so then you might want to do the whole heart to heart conversation, since that is supposed to help.  If it was the overly controlling kind of help, on the other hand, then good job on not falling for it. 

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20508 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »

I've had that h to h conversation a dozen times now. Today, the enrollment for the uni course I'm in opens. After jumping through, crawling under a series of hoops and having them ******* ** ** ****, I found out that I need to go for an hour's drive into the city to clear up something that the idiots at the campus have screwed up. I've had enough, say fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow. My mother then refuses to drop the matter for the next twenty minutes until I have started roaring at her to shut the f*ck up and leave me alone. Sometimes I think she enjoys getting to play the victim.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20509 on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:50 pm »

So, there is new proof that no one any good at design is actually working on the youtube design. Behold.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #20510 on: February 04, 2013, 09:00:06 pm »

I've had that h to h conversation a dozen times now. Today, the enrollment for the uni course I'm in opens. After jumping through, crawling under a series of hoops and having them ******* ** ** ****, I found out that I need to go for an hour's drive into the city to clear up something that the idiots at the campus have screwed up. I've had enough, say fuck it, I'll do it tomorrow. My mother then refuses to drop the matter for the next twenty minutes until I have started roaring at her to shut the f*ck up and leave me alone. Sometimes I think she enjoys getting to play the victim.
I know EXACTLY HOW YOU FUCKING FEEL. FUCK.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20511 on: February 04, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »

So, there is new proof that no one any good at design is actually working on the youtube design. Behold.
The front page of Youtube has been like that before. Google what even are you doing you've ALREADY USED THIS DESIGN.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20512 on: February 04, 2013, 09:38:09 pm »

Downloaded Magic the Gathering: Tactics today.
"You can play the prologue and Chapter 1 for free. The rest can be purchased blah bla-"
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS SONY!!1!?@!?!
Fuck this world, fucking capitalistic assholes who just want to wipe their asses with your money.
This is even worse than the, "Buy game, pay to get rest of multiplayer maps later".
This is,
"Free game, but you need to pay to enjoy it for more than an hour."
That is just a bullshit F2P model.
This pisses me off.
RANTRANTRANT
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20513 on: February 04, 2013, 09:44:49 pm »

You do understand they are a company, right? They need to make money from their product somehow. They don't plan on wiping their ass with the profits, they are going to pay wages and pad the pockets of the investors that finance the entire thing.

The free to play model is basically todays version of the demo. They are giving you a sample because they want you to buy the full version so they can make money. That was the plan from the start. If they were going to just give the entire game away, they would have never made it and you wouldn't be able to enjoy even those few hours.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20514 on: February 04, 2013, 09:46:40 pm »

Max, what heresy are you speaking? Everyone knows that all game developers should sink thousands, if not millions of man-hours into a highly polished amazing game and give it away totally free. To expect anything less is worse than being a Nazi!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20515 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:05 pm »

You do understand they are a company, right? They need to make money from their product somehow. They don't plan on wiping their ass with the profits, they are going to pay wages and pad the pockets of the investors that finance the entire thing.

The free to play model is basically todays version of the demo. They are giving you a sample because they want you to buy the full version so they can make money. That was the plan from the start. If they were going to just give the entire game away, they would have never made it and you wouldn't be able to enjoy even those few hours.
I remember the days when people called things the thing they were... demos were demos, full games were full games, and not betas, F2P meant that most of the game was free with maybe one or two things that weren't blocked by price tags...

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20516 on: February 04, 2013, 09:48:29 pm »

Kill the heretic!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20517 on: February 04, 2013, 09:49:16 pm »

Fuck you freeware! Fuck you pubic funding projects! Fuck you artistic expression! I'm a capitalist!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20518 on: February 04, 2013, 09:51:08 pm »

I went to an ice cream parlor today and got one of those little spoons with a free taste. But for some reason they refused to give me a loaded cone for free, and they told me to buy something or leave after my eighth sample. What, do they think I'm made out of money?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20519 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »

I went to an ice cream parlor today and got one of those little spoons with a free taste. But for some reason they refused to give me a loaded cone for free, and they told me to buy something or leave after my eighth sample. What, do they think I'm made out of money?

It is because there are these snots who will actually walk into icecream parlors and have so many free samples that they basically had their fill of icecream.
Pages: 1 ... 1366 1367 [1368] 1369 1370 ... 3345