Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700455 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Anti-Something Edition
« Reply #20295 on: January 29, 2013, 10:47:54 am »

An unknown error making my cloud-like perlin noise look like this when it should be like this, combined with a compiler that's sooooo slooooow (even though there's no reason it should be. :/) has made me spend three hours doing nothing... ;-;

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20296 on: January 29, 2013, 10:53:11 am »

An unknown error making my cloud-like perlin noise look like this when it should be like this, combined with a compiler that's sooooo slooooow (even though there's no reason it should be. :/) has made me spend three hours doing nothing... ;-;
I'm guessing something's not clearing the register for the RNG? So it's using the same value over and over to produce gradients?

<--- Not a programmer, but I play one on forums.  :-[

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20297 on: January 29, 2013, 12:03:37 pm »

I...how the hell do either of those things get done via programming!?

Wow, it's a really good thing I got out when I did. Apparently, I sucked a lot harder at it than I thought I did. ;_;

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20298 on: January 29, 2013, 03:32:36 pm »

I...how the hell do either of those things get done via programming!?

Wow, it's a really good thing I got out when I did. Apparently, I sucked a lot harder at it than I thought I did. ;_;
Not really. If you were starting out, then its totally okay to not be able to do anything like that. Its a cumulative skills thing. Once you start to get the basics down, what you can create increases dramatically.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Actually I made this post just to show off.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20299 on: January 29, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

why in hell am i relaying messages from the programming department to the terminal server department? im not a damn messenger boy, you both have damn im programs to communicate with each other.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #20300 on: January 29, 2013, 05:06:25 pm »

My underling was supposed to give me a status report before she left today. I specifically told her to tell me to let me know if she completed her assigned work or if she did not complete her assigned work. Either way, I should have gotten an email, IM, phone call or a face to face conversation.

If she doesn't shape up and now, there is no way I can recommend for them to keep her after her contract expires a couple months from now, and even that much is looking kinda iffy. She is terribly slow, terribly buggy, terribly non communicative.

Only 1 of my the 3 underlings I have been given is even remotely acceptable. And he technically was working here in an systems admin capacity before I started and came back on after 2 years of programming for another company.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20301 on: January 30, 2013, 12:02:49 am »

-_-

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20302 on: January 30, 2013, 12:15:17 am »

My underling was supposed to give me a status report before she left today. I specifically told her to tell me to let me know if she completed her assigned work or if she did not complete her assigned work. Either way, I should have gotten an email, IM, phone call or a face to face conversation.

If she doesn't shape up and now, there is no way I can recommend for them to keep her after her contract expires a couple months from now, and even that much is looking kinda iffy. She is terribly slow, terribly buggy, terribly non communicative.

Only 1 of my the 3 underlings I have been given is even remotely acceptable. And he technically was working here in an systems admin capacity before I started and came back on after 2 years of programming for another company.
can i work with you, my 100 percent is about what these people seem to put into their work.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20303 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:38 am »

why in hell am i relaying messages from the programming department to the terminal server department? im not a damn messenger boy, you both have damn im programs to communicate with each other.

Tech Support within the company is like being the child of divorced parents. You end up talking to people so they don't have to talk to each other. You're effectively screening within the company :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20304 on: January 30, 2013, 01:36:01 am »

I was playing SS13 tonight, and I made the comment, "This is like the second Malf AI match I've played, of three matches."
And someone said, "Oh quit whining. If you don't like it, leave."
WTF? Why, internet, do you let me interact with stupid people, and yet give me no chance to stab them repeatedly in the stomach?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #20305 on: January 30, 2013, 01:42:04 am »

So that when you leave a librarian crawling around the floor trying to gather up bits of exposed brain, you enjoy it.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20306 on: January 30, 2013, 01:45:57 am »

So that when you leave a librarian crawling around the floor trying to gather up bits of exposed brain, you enjoy it.
Or you accidentally shoot a guy in the face and make Samuel L Jackson clean it up. Looking at you, John Travolta.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20307 on: January 30, 2013, 09:04:35 am »

Finally got a reponse for my steam support question about Civ 4, wich I have given up on. It says that it came late because the increased volume of tickets, but the reponse seems like a standard automated message.

>.>

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20308 on: January 30, 2013, 09:29:45 am »

Finally got a reponse for my steam support question about Civ 4, wich I have given up on. It says that it came late because the increased volume of tickets, but the reponse seems like a standard automated message.

>.>
scripts man, we tech support aren't here to write a epic for you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20309 on: January 30, 2013, 09:31:38 am »

My main problem here is that it came so late. If you're sending out an automated message, why does it come so late?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 1352 1353 [1354] 1355 1356 ... 3345