Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699408 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Cuddle Harder Edition
« Reply #20145 on: January 24, 2013, 01:03:35 pm »

My parents now banned me from using the bathroom because of supposedly taking a 30 minute long shower wich was actually only 10 minutes showering and 20 minutes on the shitter because yeah.

My mom justifies it by that i can use the bath at the school(wich dosent even exist) and the swimming pools shower(wich requires buying a ticket for the pool to use)

So i can wave good bye to that sweet girl and my friends and say hello to the fact everyone around me will know how my ass smells.

So no food, no sanitation, no internet. Im so fucking done with this shit

get out. report them to child protective services if you are under 18. There is no excuse for that shit.
^^^^^
This. That's beyond strict, that's child abuse.
So much Double This. There MUST be some anonymous support lines you can call. I'm sure they can tell you what you should do.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #20146 on: January 24, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »

My parents now banned me from using the bathroom because of supposedly taking a 30 minute long shower wich was actually only 10 minutes showering and 20 minutes on the shitter because yeah.

My mom justifies it by that i can use the bath at the school(wich dosent even exist) and the swimming pools shower(wich requires buying a ticket for the pool to use)

So i can wave good bye to that sweet girl and my friends and say hello to the fact everyone around me will know how my ass smells.

So no food, no sanitation, no internet. Im so fucking done with this shit
Blasted crackers, lady! Any hope of moving out soon?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20147 on: January 24, 2013, 02:13:01 pm »

I could tell but then they will do everything to make me feel bad about it.
Also im dependent of my moms domain for my email. I have to move my emal adresses or else i can wave my steam account goodbye.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #20148 on: January 24, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »

Use gmail.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #20150 on: January 24, 2013, 02:27:38 pm »

So, online speech course. My teacher is the most unresponsive guy in the world, and the only way I've gotten him to respond to anything I've requested is by posting on the discussion board. Even then, it takes weeks for him to respond, if he does at all.

The issue of the day: He made the mid-term exam window during winter break, where any testing center is most definitely closed. He hasn't unlocked it until this week (That's an entire month), after I finally called him out and asked him if he was just going to let me make up a significant portion of my grade or if I should quit bothering.

His response: "This is not the correct place to discuss this with your professor. Please use email or messaging." Except he's never, ever responded to either of those.

That's not fully what I'm raging about. I'd recently turned in a speech, which was most certainly my best performance yet, and he docks me a full 1/3 of my grade for writing on a whiteboard while giving the speech (Effectively removing 5% of my overall grade). The time stamps on the grading and posts he made show that he responded to my slightly angry post before posting the grade.

Vindictive much?

He did open the test, though, so there's that.

Edit: After looking through what gets points for what, it appears that he broke his own grading scheme to dock me so many points. In order to get a grade this bad, I'd have to get a negative score (-13%) on the presentation portion of the speech in order for it to dig into the preparation portion of the speech (Which I've never lost a single point in up to this point). I just... Don't understand people. I don't want to be in this school any more, so thank goodness I'm out of here soon.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 03:22:42 pm by Knight of Fools »
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20151 on: January 24, 2013, 03:44:25 pm »

There are 2 different things I want to do right now.

Obvious solution is, just pick one, yes? But you see, if I picked one, I wouldnt be doing the other thing. If I decide to do one thing, then I get a twitch telling me to do the other thing. My mind is going back and forth like a pendulum, and I am currently doing absolutely nothing.

And now I just realized that there 3...no wait, 4 things I want to do.

Fuckin hell. There are moments when I love the fact that I never choose my actions randomly, and there are times when it results in me sitting around doing nothing.

Okay, screw it. If I havent decided in 2 minutes, I'm letting random.org decide. That is my decision and it is FINAL. You hear that future me?!

EDIT: Option number 2 it is.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20152 on: January 24, 2013, 05:34:27 pm »

I'm getting ready to stab this DSP I've been working on for the past week.  This has to be the most frustrating development platform I've ever worked on.

As usual, everything works just peachy in the simulator.  I get back the exact results I want.  That means my program logic must be correct, right?  Super!  Let's try it out on the physical board and see if it runs as fast as I hope it does... boy, this is slow... oh, it's in an infinite loop.  But, how can that be?

I haven't yet figured it out.  I think it's a cache coherency problem where one core is writing data that the others aren't seeing.  Well, that would be easy enough to solve, the documentation would have you believe, by just inserting some cache write back and invalidate functions here and there.  Except, that doesn't fix the problem.

Instead, that makes the card flipping lose its mind.  Instead of invalidating the cache line and looking up the correct value in the SDRAM, it instead ends up jumping to code somewhere in lala land and getting stuck there.

Well, that's easy enough to fix, right?  Just power cycle it... wait... no, it's a PCIe card inside the computer with no reset functionality.  So, you've got to reboot the computer to reset it to try again.

So, reboot and try again.  Hey, this time, just trying to step through the code after hitting a breakpoint causes it to hang a core and force a reset.

Dear Texas Instruments,

I hate you now.  I've got very little time per week to work on my research, and you produce this thing and its associated software that appears to be bent on making me waste time.  Could you kindly update your documentation to indicate that using the cache control CSL functions causes the processor core to instead throw a tantrum?  Or, even better, tell me what I'm supposed to really do to get the other cores to see the updated value from SDRAM.

Sincerely,
Telgin
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20153 on: January 24, 2013, 06:24:52 pm »

I could tell but then they will do everything to make me feel bad about it.
Also im dependent of my moms domain for my email. I have to move my emal adresses or else i can wave my steam account goodbye.
Since the email address question has already been answered, I'd suggest just ignoring the first part entirely OR make them feel terrible at making you feel bad because they're being terrible. Somehow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20154 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:19 pm »

Youtube, stop trying to be like Facebook. No, I don't want to use my real name in Youtube comments of all places, home of some of the stupidest verbal exchanges on Earth, no, my name is not hard to read because I don't use random numbers and symbols, yes I'm ENTIRELY SURE of my decision and am not interested in your stupid design changes. All I wanted to do was post a witty comment, and instead you have your stupid pop up interrupt me. You don't even give me an option to flat out say "no I don't want your stupid name-changing junk" and leave me with a subtly placed "Ask Me Later" stuck in a little corner of the pop-up.

Youtube webdesigners, you lot suck eggs.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20155 on: January 24, 2013, 08:45:27 pm »

The day Youtube makes real names mandatory is the day Youtube dies.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20156 on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:24 pm »

I think I might just tell them my name is Seymour Butts so they stop bothering me about it.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20157 on: January 24, 2013, 09:10:19 pm »

Raging at my own herpa derpness. Bought new memory and was all thinking it would be wham bam thank you ma'am...and then my PC doesn't get past post and gives the beeps of doom. So I switch configurations. Same thing. I start thinking maybe it's dead memory. I put my OLD memory back in its previous configuration. Same thing. I switch configuration on my old memory. Same thing. At this point I'm hitting that "oh shit what have I done" place. So I start Googling on my kindle to check the beep codes. 2 beeps is video. Weird. Nothing changed there, I think. I keep reading threads about 2 beeps until someone mentions "power to your video card."

I look down and see the 2x6 pin for the video card laying there, despondently.

Wasted an hour over something I damn well should know better about by now. Listen to the machine spirit of the PC, it will guide you. I think this is even the second or third time I've forgotten to plug that damn thing in. I'm still leaving in the years when video cards still pulled power from the motherboard, and didn't need a dedicated power line for their uberness.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 09:16:22 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20158 on: January 25, 2013, 01:22:13 am »

You know, when I drive people to the cinema and back I expect them to either be silent and refrain from criticising my driving, or be fucking consequent and fucking WALK HOME, CALL A CAB, OR BRING THEIR OWN CAR. I did not think I cared about this kind of stuff so much but... holy shit. I've raged. During the night, during my sleep, and I'm raging now.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20159 on: January 25, 2013, 01:49:24 am »

So, next time they ask for a ride, just bluntly tell them that you vaguely remember that they don't like the way you drive and suggest that they walk instead. Ah, the power of the automobile.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1342 1343 [1344] 1345 1346 ... 3345