Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694113 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19800 on: January 14, 2013, 04:58:59 am »

Yeah, you aren't supposed to expose cheese to any direct high heat, that's why fondue pots boil water underneath rather than heating it directly. Some cheeses will fare better than others, but it's a general prohibition that's served me well.

And now that I think about it, I bet cheap American cheese would actually handle heat better than say cheddar or even provolone.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Delayed Calamities Edition
« Reply #19801 on: January 14, 2013, 05:00:48 am »

Yeah, you aren't supposed to expose cheese to any direct high heat

What I find especially funny about this line is that it actually works as a response to what I said too.

I wish you did that intentionally Fqllve, I'd have to bow to your wit.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #19802 on: January 14, 2013, 05:05:48 am »

You still have to bow to my wit! Ambiguity is, in fact, my milieu.

However, no, that wasn't intentional. I'm not actually sure what you were talking about.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: January 14, 2013, 05:07:06 am »

You still have to bow to my wit! Ambiguity is, in fact, my milieu.

However, no, that wasn't intentional. I'm not actually sure what you were talking about.

It is a show.

Cheesy can be something cheesy (which the show is)

and High heat could just be my anger.

It would have been quite the witty response actually.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: January 14, 2013, 05:09:01 am »

Itskinda like choclate, really.

There are a few cheeses designed for melting. Sandvich cheese.
Funny nuff its cheapnplastic crap
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:40 am »

My internet connection, oh my internet connection. Down twenty minutes, up four. Going from fast speeds to almost nothing for several hours and becoming completely unsuable. All webpages are broken almost all the time becuase my download speeds are so slow most of the time. I'm here so pissed off that [Redacted for reader mental saftey] and mix it with the blood of [Expunged for your own good] and use it agaisnt THE DAMNED ISP! I will [Seriously you don't want to know] till nothing's left! GRAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Or I might look in to switching service providers, whichever's easier.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: January 14, 2013, 11:12:38 am »

My internet connection, oh my internet connection. Down twenty minutes, up four. Going from fast speeds to almost nothing for several hours and becoming completely unsuable. All webpages are broken almost all the time becuase my download speeds are so slow most of the time. I'm here so pissed off that [Redacted for reader mental saftey] and mix it with the blood of [Expunged for your own good] and use it agaisnt THE DAMNED ISP! I will [Seriously you don't want to know] till nothing's left! GRAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Or I might look in to switching service providers, whichever's easier.

I'd check the integrity of your cable line. Every time I've had internet troubles lately, it's because the cableline on the outside of the house has degraded. Once, it was because my dog dug up the line and was chewing on it. Another time, it was because the guys doing the siding on the house crimped the line and basically cut half way through it.

So yeah. I'd check that if you're able.

Re: Melting cheese. It is nigh on impossible to evenly melt cheese without some sort of liquid assistance. Sure, you can get it melted and consistent with a lot of effort...but it almost eventually "breaks" and/or congeals in unpleasant ways. That's why you have to use something like milk, cream or wine to give it something to blend into. American crap cheese singles are the best melters of all, due to the chemically additives designed to do just that. But you can't even melt them in a pan and hope to arrive at something like a "cheese sauce."

All it takes is just a little something/something though, and patience. Even 1/4 cup of milk can have an entire brick of cheese melted into it and it will generally hold its consistency. Best results when you use a double boiler, when you shred the cheese product prior to putting into the pot (it melts quickly and consistently) and when you gradually stir in handfuls of cheese whilst stirring.

Yes, I just made fondue for New Years, so the process is fresh in my head.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: January 14, 2013, 12:38:22 pm »

Ugh. I'm supposed to work with a guy on a group project, but I can't find his email adress. Fuck group projects. I'm just writing the dropbox shared folder url down and giving it to him tomorrow. Even tough that's waaaay too late.
As i said, fuck group projects. There is NO way we can get this finished before thursday.

E:

Oh, and I have a Civ 4 to try to install, so I'm not wasting my entire evening writing down every possible way his name can be typed.

E2: I just realized the solution to this problem: DS TIME!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:08:23 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: January 14, 2013, 01:25:52 pm »

Not as much rage as minor annoyance, but my right ear has been blocked for the whole day. No pain, but I can barely hear anything with it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: January 14, 2013, 02:57:55 pm »

I get that a lot. They tend to go away after a few days. I fiddle with them and try and unblock them with a finger, not sure if that helps or hurts. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: January 14, 2013, 03:03:58 pm »

Ive been dealing with middle ear infection since i dunno. It sucks.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: January 14, 2013, 03:08:44 pm »

I get that a lot. They tend to go away after a few days. I fiddle with them and try and unblock them with a finger, not sure if that helps or hurts. >_>

'Ear, 'ear!
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:39 pm »

I feel down the stairs at school. Cue three things happening:
1: Me being in pain for the rest of the day in the hips.
2: The witnesses of the event laughing and making fun of me as a result, causing a bit of hatred towards them to rise.
3: Me quoting the works of Andrew Hussie to myself.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: January 14, 2013, 03:35:30 pm »

I feel down the stairs at school. Cue three things happening:
1: Me being in pain for the rest of the day in the hips.
2: The witnesses of the event laughing and making fun of me as a result, causing a bit of hatred towards them to rise.
3: Me quoting the works of Andrew Hussie to myself.
I WARNED YOU to be careful with your footing.
Stairs can be dangerous.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: January 14, 2013, 03:40:32 pm »

Work. I don't even have time to go into al the backstory that would be required. Let's just say I have a glimmer of how the guys at Gallipoli felt. Our workload increased about 500% the last three months, people are angry at us because of the concomitant drop in service quality, and management....just keeps dropping more major projects on us. With no warning.

"Hey, you guys are 40 calls deep and taking too long to get things done. Oh, and we're handing out another 1300 iPhones this week. What do you mean, we didn't tell you? We sent an email last month saying that we would be transitioning an unspecified number of users at an unspecified time in the future. Honestly, don't you read your email? What do you mean you have 700 new emails a day? Well, stop reading email and get back to work!"

It's a good thing the people responsible are two states away, because I've a powerful hankering for some facepunching.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 3345