Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702589 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #18990 on: December 12, 2012, 11:59:18 pm »

They also have a feedback button on every single screen now. I used it to tell them to stop changing the fucking layout and fire their designers.
It is now my patriotic duty to use that button everytime I navigate to a new page. They shall learn the penance for their transgressions, oh yes.
THIS UPDATE MADE THE VIDEO PLAYER NOT WORK! WHAT THE FUCK, GOOGLE?
Update flash.
turn on html5
Sometimes that breaks it even more, though.
then you blame your browser for holding out :I
Which one?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Kinda Progressive Edition
« Reply #18991 on: December 13, 2012, 12:00:53 am »

Youtube now refuses to buffer videos unless I'm actively watching them. This is contrary to my normal procedure.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18992 on: December 13, 2012, 12:07:39 am »

Youtube now refuses to buffer videos unless I'm actively watching them. This is contrary to my normal procedure.
Herk. I hope that doesn't last long. It doesn't matter on dorm internet, but when I'm back home I plain can't stream videos in HD. Hell, the ultra-low-quality anime fansubs need to be buffered for a while before I watch them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18993 on: December 13, 2012, 12:11:06 am »

Herk. I hope that doesn't last long. It doesn't matter on dorm internet, but when I'm back home I plain can't stream videos in HD. Hell, the ultra-low-quality anime fansubs need to be buffered for a while before I watch them.
I never watch stuff in HD. Hell, I'm barely buffering faster than I can watch as it is.

We have decent Internet service at home, and we've got a good wireless router. It just happens to be on the opposite side of the house through several walls.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18994 on: December 13, 2012, 12:13:21 am »

Heh, I'm getting my internet from 300 feet away, through two walls.

240p requires buffering. It's a bit sad.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18995 on: December 13, 2012, 12:14:13 am »

I never watch stuff in HD. Hell, I'm barely buffering faster than I can watch as it is.

We have decent Internet service at home, and we've got a good wireless router. It just happens to be on the opposite side of the house through several walls.

See, I had that problem, so I got a drill, bought a 100ft ethernet cable, and went under the floor.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18996 on: December 13, 2012, 12:15:55 am »

See, I had that problem, so I got a drill, bought a 100ft ethernet cable, and went under the floor.  :P
There is no "under the floor" here. House is built on a concrete slab :P

And huh. Stuff now appears to be buffering while paused, if a little more slowly than normal. Perhaps it was just the one channel (for some reason).

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18997 on: December 13, 2012, 12:23:51 am »

And huh. Stuff now appears to be buffering while paused, if a little more slowly than normal. Perhaps it was just the one channel (for some reason).

On the plus side, you aren't going to go crawling around in a basement crawlspace full of mud, spiders, and 100+ year old whiskey bottles left behind by the original construction crew. Let's say that there were a great number of reasons explaining why we were able to move out of our tiny apartment into a house; it's been a ~15 year DIY repair/remodeling job. :|

But yes, I've noticed that as well, that sometimes it's dependent on the individual video for whatever reason.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18998 on: December 13, 2012, 12:42:01 am »

On the plus side, you aren't going to go crawling around in a basement crawlspace full of mud, spiders, and 100+ year old whiskey bottles left behind by the original construction crew. Let's say that there were a great number of reasons explaining why we were able to move out of our tiny apartment into a house; it's been a ~15 year DIY repair/remodeling job. :|

But yes, I've noticed that as well, that sometimes it's dependent on the individual video for whatever reason.
Trust me, I know all about the underside of houses. One of the easiest ways to run cable line was to go through the crawlspace/basement when possible, and thus I did it a lot. Dead animals, broken glass, ventilation tubes with barely a foot of clearance under (or over) them, mud from recent rainstorms...you name it, I've seen it (and likely crawled through it when unavoidable).

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #18999 on: December 13, 2012, 12:47:50 am »

I have that problem on 90% of the videos I watch. It pisses me off, I think Youtube did that on purpose as a design feature, since they probably assumed that everybody obviously has the internet to keep up with it. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice it.

Generally, switching the quality from whatever the default was, then switching back (as necessary) fixes that issue.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19000 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:52 am »

Trust me, I know all about the underside of houses. One of the easiest ways to run cable line was to go through the crawlspace/basement when possible, and thus I did it a lot. Dead animals, broken glass, ventilation tubes with barely a foot of clearance under (or over) them, mud from recent rainstorms...you name it, I've seen it (and likely crawled through it when unavoidable).

If the house is old enough, you can also find some gold ingots, from when banks weren't widely used. My grand grand mother used to hide some under the floor (and even more weird places). But she never remembered where all of them were, and then the house was sold.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19001 on: December 13, 2012, 01:59:34 am »

Are you getting enough fiber and drinking enough water?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19002 on: December 13, 2012, 03:07:46 am »

Blizzards pricing model on their online store. I got the need to replay Warcraft III but I have long since replaced my disks so I took a gander over at the battle.net store.

This gets even more interesting when looking at the US store.

This is even worse than steam, here they don't even do a direct $=€ like steam, they actually INCREASE the amount... for a decade old game...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19003 on: December 13, 2012, 03:10:25 am »

That would be understandable if those were hard copies, but... yeah. Why do game vendors hate us Europeans so much?

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19004 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:06 am »

My math Teacher. Best way to describe him is, I quote
I think math is when your math teacher rudely insults everyone in class and then proceeds to write cryptic gibberish on the board that no one can understand
These are his main features. Telling us we're simply pathetic if no one immediately raises their hand. "yes, learn to THINK instead of just repating everything like trained apes. Connect the Synapses, if that's possible" And his handwriting, is illegible. In a teacher, that is just BAD.

Hmm I think I like this math teacher! Infact trained apes is how I'd describe the majority of humanity, what a sensible person in my book.
Pages: 1 ... 1265 1266 [1267] 1268 1269 ... 3345