Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3703304 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18870 on: December 10, 2012, 12:31:07 pm »

Dr Hamadoun Toure, secretary-general of the UN's International Telecommunications Union (ITU), said ahead of the event: "There is no need for the ITU to take over the internet governance."

You say that, and yet you fail your bluff check again.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18871 on: December 10, 2012, 12:38:17 pm »

I'd argue that while we've generally gotten more tolerant, we're also damn sure on a bloody steep road away from respect, especially towards people with differing experiences.
Do elaborate, then.
I think what he's saying is that there would be a lot less trolls in the world if dueling were still legal. And you had a way to actually find and call them out. FWIW, I don't think you need the dueling, just the ability to find them. Then it's less "pistols at 50 paces" and more "get some guys and go beat the everliving fuck out of somebody".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18872 on: December 10, 2012, 12:39:44 pm »

Believe it or not I actually like it when people don't fear retribution like that. In real life, such jerks still exist, they just hide. On the internet, they're out in the open.

Do you prefer wolves to be seen, or be hidden in sheep's clothing?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18873 on: December 10, 2012, 12:47:15 pm »

I've often found myself both regretting and thankful that I lack the ability to reach through the internet and strangle someone.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18874 on: December 10, 2012, 01:04:38 pm »

Believe it or not I actually like it when people don't fear retribution like that. In real life, such jerks still exist, they just hide. On the internet, they're out in the open.

Do you prefer wolves to be seen, or be hidden in sheep's clothing?
I prefer them as a rug or a nice cloak. Sadly, the metaphor breaks down there (and involves lots of hiding of bodies).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18875 on: December 10, 2012, 03:01:15 pm »

I've often found myself both regretting and thankful that I lack the ability to reach through the internet and strangle someone.

For twenty million USD, I will teach you how to stab people over the internet.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #18876 on: December 10, 2012, 04:08:36 pm »

A kid at my school got killed in a hit and run car accident. I didn't actually know him so that's not really the rage part. The rage part for me is that the white supremacists got ahold of the story so now there's some really insensitive and messed up photoshops floating around the Internet.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18877 on: December 10, 2012, 04:13:32 pm »

A kid at my school got killed in a hit and run car accident. I didn't actually know him so that's not really the rage part. The rage part for me is that the white supremacists got ahold of the story so now there's some really insensitive and messed up photoshops floating around the Internet.
Nothing like acting like an insensitive degenerate to prove that good ol' racial superiority. Keep fighting the good fight, y'buggers, you do the work of marginalizing your ilk for me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #18878 on: December 10, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

I'd argue that while we've generally gotten more tolerant, we're also damn sure on a bloody steep road away from respect, especially towards people with differing experiences.
Do elaborate, then.
I think what he's saying is that there would be a lot less trolls in the world if dueling were still legal. And you had a way to actually find and call them out. FWIW, I don't think you need the dueling, just the ability to find them. Then it's less "pistols at 50 paces" and more "get some guys and go beat the everliving fuck out of somebody".
I'd prefer pistols, it's fair and honorable. You're also generally not supposed to shoot to kill, so it wouldn't be THAT bad. Although there are no rules saying you don't shoot to kill, so that's always a viable option...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18879 on: December 10, 2012, 05:41:21 pm »

my roommates will not fucking stop pooping

I never thought I'd ever have to type that. But it's like they're timing it so that as soon as the bathroom starts to not smell terrible, the next one walks in. This is delaying my shower significantly.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18880 on: December 10, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »

my roommates will not fucking stop pooping

I never thought I'd ever have to type that. But it's like they're timing it so that as soon as the bathroom starts to not smell terrible, the next one walks in. This is delaying my shower significantly.
Find alternate showerage?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18881 on: December 10, 2012, 05:46:00 pm »

Get over your silly aversion to bad smells?

Everybody poops, dude.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18882 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

Everybody poops, dude.

Clearly you missed out on a story greatorder linked in the WTF thread.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18883 on: December 10, 2012, 05:50:09 pm »

Everybody poops, dude.

Clearly you missed out on a story greatorder linked in the WTF thread.
I skimmed it, and that's a different situation entirely :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18884 on: December 10, 2012, 06:15:43 pm »

Everybody poops, dude.
Some people smell worse than others. MUCH worse, in some cases.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 3345