Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704275 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18765 on: December 07, 2012, 06:45:46 pm »

I saw a Youtube ad that started of about the Christmas Truce of 1914. And then BAM LOGITECH.

MY RAGE IS INCOMPREHESIBLE! AAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA!!AH!HA!!HA!H!H!HAHAHA!

That's actually what I just shouted just now. Really loud. I may have woke up my neighbor. Excuse me a moment.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18767 on: December 07, 2012, 07:33:38 pm »

I have high hopes some enterprising hackers will create linkup apps to replace the missing official versions. There's nothing like necessity to spur that sort of thing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18768 on: December 07, 2012, 07:58:59 pm »

Today, some lady went into the bathroom, gave birth to and then drowned her newborn child at the Walmart I work at.

It made me very angry.
...the F**K?!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18769 on: December 07, 2012, 08:05:05 pm »

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/12/07/2250252/gamespys-new-owners-begin-disabling-multiplayer-without-warning

I own several of these games. bastards.
'We're new owners of this? Well, let's try to milk it as much as we can!'

Cue PR disaster.

It took a few years, but my irrational fear of Powered By Gamespy seems to have finally become rational.

Also, holy shit, please tell me that woman was arrested.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #18770 on: December 07, 2012, 08:05:41 pm »

Today, some lady went into the bathroom, gave birth to and then drowned her newborn child at the Walmart I work at.

It made me very angry.
Well, props for their willpower to just stroll right into a bathroom, casually plop out a baby with no meds, screaming...I'll bet they were updating their facebook status on their iPhone while doing it.

srsly, humanity, what da hell is wrong wit u?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18771 on: December 07, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »

It made me very angry.

This type of thing has made the evening news several times in Indiana over the last 15 years (as long as I've been old enough to be aware of such news).  I've seen two instances where high school girls did this exact thing on prom night, and went back to dancing like nothing unusual had happened.  I'm honestly more shocked that people are shocked than I am by the despicable act.  Every horrible thing you can possibly think of for people to do - it happens.  Frequently.  Of course, the same goes for every wonderful act of kindness you can think of.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #18772 on: December 07, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »

There's a disconnect between something happening "there" and something happening in the building I'm in. It's almost like I should have felt or known while it was happening, but I was actually having a pretty good day up until the police showed up in the back and they roped it off. I immediately knew something was wrong, but I wasn't expecting infanticide.

I can accept that it happens. It just shouldn't happen here.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18773 on: December 07, 2012, 11:43:28 pm »

That's perfectly understandable.  Definitely not saying that such things don't deserve to be posted about in the rage thread.  My comment was more vaguely directed at people with 'wtf speechless' reactions.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18774 on: December 08, 2012, 04:59:38 am »

I'm kind of more bothered by people who seem to be angry at the mother. I mean, that's not the actions of somebody who believes they have a better choice. It's the actions of somebody who is completely desperate or not quite right in the head.

http://games.slashdot.org/story/12/12/07/2250252/gamespys-new-owners-begin-disabling-multiplayer-without-warning

I own several of these games. bastards.

I just found a NwN2 RP server I really liked 1-2 months ago or something. At least I can still connect to it, though it's going to have a lot harder time finding new members now. :(
Love, scriver~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18775 on: December 08, 2012, 05:22:07 am »

I'm kind of more bothered by people who seem to be angry at the mother. I mean, that's not the actions of somebody who believes they have a better choice. It's the actions of somebody who is completely desperate or not quite right in the head.

Quite possibly true, but very optimistic as an assumption.  Many stories like this in the past have appeared to me as cases of self-absorbed and immature people who couldn't even be bothered with the inconvenience of finding a proper way to relieve themselves of an unwanted child.  Even if their motive is to keep the thing a secret, which is at least understandable, I live within walking distance of multiple places where you can just drop off any unwanted child and walk away forever, "no questions asked".  I suppose being that irresponsible could easily be considered 'not quite right in the head', but not in any sympathetic sense.  You know I'm normally very non-judgmental, but this is one issue where it's very difficult to find any way to spin up any potential sympathetic set of circumstances to explain the behavior.

Edit:  Ok, admittedly, I know nothing about this specific case.  The above is based on similar cases I've seen in the past.  There are just a surprising number of people who seriously do not give a shit about children, even their own, and view them as hardly anything more than an annoying inanimate object or non-human creature, usually until they're able to communicate.  I've personally spoken with people who were like this.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:33:46 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18776 on: December 08, 2012, 06:24:50 am »

I know there's no point getting angry about youtube comments, but I see multiple comments complaining about people spoiling videos in the comments. You know what the solution to that is: don't read the fucking comments till you've watched the video! Why can't people do that? Why do they expect people aren't going to post spoilery info in the comments. I can understand if it's part of a playlist and dumbasses have gone back and posted spoilers to future videos or just spoiled some unrelated media, but the comments for a video should be able to contain discussion about the video itself, and there's no point in people pussyfooting around just for the sake of people who decided to scroll down and read the comments while waiting for a video to load.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18777 on: December 08, 2012, 08:34:34 am »

Why can't people do that?
Every time I see a video, I read the comments until it's done buffering. This is a habit from before youtube decided to fuck up their format ad infinitum.

Also it is considered ill form to not put [spoiler alerts] of some sort before spoilering anything in any forum.

Youtube is also a terrible forum.

Don't read the fucking comments till you've watched the video!
At which you will probably never watch this video ever again.

Comments for a video should be able to contain discussion about the video itself
/youtube/
/sane discussion/
/does not compute/

And there's no point in people pussyfooting around just for the sake of people who decided to scroll down and read the comments while waiting for a video to load.
[spoiler alert]

Youtube is no longer designed for sane discussion. It is more designed for raging, facebook and "thumbs up if" jokes now. As a result the moral guidelines have revolved around actually watching the videos.

In similar rage, this new update has actually pushed it for me. I'm leaving youtube and all the people I'm subscribed too, this is just too bloody horrible to bear. Damn you Google, y u do dis 2 me.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18778 on: December 08, 2012, 08:39:48 am »

I'll stay on youtube, I guess they'll eventually break it so hard it unbreaks itself.
And just because some people make really good stuff.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18779 on: December 08, 2012, 08:50:13 am »

And just because some people make really good stuff.
Tip: Look for alternative websites. Youtube has outdone itself as the only case where it can always get worse.
Pages: 1 ... 1250 1251 [1252] 1253 1254 ... 3345