Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704536 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18735 on: December 07, 2012, 10:47:59 am »

HNNGGG

NO I DONT WANT TO CLICK THREE TIMES TO FILTER OUT THE COMMENTS FROM A GUY I'M SUBSCRIBED TO BUT DOESN'T MAKE ALOT OF VIDEOS
NO I'M NOT INTRESTED IN RANDOM CAT VIDEOS. JUT LET ME SEE MY SUBSCRIPTIOOONS.

GODDAMNIT YOUTUBE.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18736 on: December 07, 2012, 11:54:48 am »

HNNGGG

NO I DONT WANT TO CLICK THREE TIMES TO FILTER OUT THE COMMENTS FROM A GUY I'M SUBSCRIBED TO BUT DOESN'T MAKE ALOT OF VIDEOS
NO I'M NOT INTRESTED IN RANDOM CAT VIDEOS. JUT LET ME SEE MY SUBSCRIPTIOOONS.

GODDAMNIT YOUTUBE.
Y U NO USE /my_subscriptions/ ?

Trying to use the frontpage is an absurd idea and you shouldn't do it unless they manage to break it so much it becomes decent again. Otherwise you have the youtube equivalent of facebook, except you know even less about the people.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18737 on: December 07, 2012, 12:36:21 pm »

I seriously can't get over how impossibly stupid my parents are. They turned off the water for the kitchen faucet, because it was leaking. However, they absolutely refuse to fix it, thinking that "any day now" the bank will force us onto the streets. The only times I can get water(since I don't know where the thing to turn it back on is, and don't feel like groping around the chemicals udner the sink to try) is when they decide to turn it on for a few minutes, which is usually in the morning a few hours before I'm awake. They don't even bother with the dishes any more, leaving them to pile up so much there's no room on the counter to make anything to eat(not that there's any clean dishes to make it on).

They also broke the mug I normally use, another one is dirty, and I can't find the third one(there's literally three, now two, mugs in the house), so no hot drinks in the mornings anymore either(not that there's any goddamn water to heat up in the first place).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18738 on: December 07, 2012, 12:42:19 pm »

-Nvm. I'm stupid.-

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18740 on: December 07, 2012, 01:32:24 pm »

Indian man living in exile in Finland for debunking a "weeping Jesus" statue (the water was actually raw sewage), for which he was charged with blasphemy.

What the fuck, India. What the fuck.
Admittedly, not many (foreign, money-bearing) people are going to flock to see the Miracle of the Shitty-Eyed Jesus. And apparently the blasphemy law is a holdover from the British Raj.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18741 on: December 07, 2012, 01:38:35 pm »

I heard something similar about India years ago with a guy trying to warn everyone about ... raw sewerage that was dumped en masse into the Ganges river, people wanted to kill him because he impugned the good name of the holy mother river.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18742 on: December 07, 2012, 01:39:07 pm »

Indian man living in exile in Finland for debunking a "weeping Jesus" statue (the water was actually raw sewage), for which he was charged with blasphemy.

What the fuck, India. What the fuck.
Admittedly, not many (foreign, money-bearing) people are going to flock to see the Miracle of the Shitty-Eyed Jesus. And apparently the blasphemy law is a holdover from the British Raj.

I would pay to see the Miracle of the Shitty-Eyed Jesus.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18743 on: December 07, 2012, 01:45:43 pm »

Ugh. Trying to play magicka. This game is buggier than a beehive. It keeps crashing.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18744 on: December 07, 2012, 02:27:23 pm »

The joys of having to listen to conservative radio at work.

"It's not hollywood that's ruining womenhood, it's feminism!"

* kaijyuu twitches with rage
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18745 on: December 07, 2012, 03:10:47 pm »

Chinese swears from Firefly are pretty great, too.

Quote from: River
"Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh ur-tze." - "Stupid son of a drooling whore and a monkey."
Yeah, unfortunately Firefly zhonghua isn't quite accurate. But entertaining nonetheless. One source I found said this is probably based on a real insult, biaozi de erzi, lit. "whore's child" (similar to "son of a bitch")

One of my favorite things about Chinese swears is that the logical consequence of the swear is not an issue. One of the biggest ways to curse vehemently is to threaten/suggest sexual relations with someone's family members. Gender, species (or indeed physical possiblity) is irrelevant. So I've seen a mechanic yell about fucking a car's grandmother (cao ni nainai bi) when he couldn't get the engine to start.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18746 on: December 07, 2012, 03:15:32 pm »

Chinese swears from Firefly are pretty great, too.

Quote from: River
"Liou coe shway duh biao-tze huh hoe-tze duh ur-tze." - "Stupid son of a drooling whore and a monkey."
Yeah, unfortunately Firefly zhonghua isn't quite accurate. But entertaining nonetheless. One source I found said this is probably based on a real insult, biaozi de erzi, lit. "whore's child" (similar to "son of a bitch")
Firefly is also set five hundred years in the future. Accuracy is optional.
One of my favorite things about Chinese swears is that the logical consequence of the swear is not an issue.
That isn't the case in English either. Or most languages, actually...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18747 on: December 07, 2012, 03:18:41 pm »

Well you do hear people talk about having intercourse with an afterlife quite often.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18748 on: December 07, 2012, 03:21:53 pm »

Fuckin' hell :)

I don't really share ya'lls amusement with swears, though I am bemused at times that they even exist. Darn euphemisms and dysphemisms baffle me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #18749 on: December 07, 2012, 03:23:35 pm »

The joys of having to listen to conservative radio at work.

"It's not hollywood that's ruining womenhood, it's feminism!"

* kaijyuu twitches with rage
...that is probably the best unintentional self-parody of conservatism I've heard in a while now. Hollywood? You're sticking up for Hollywood now? That bastion of morality?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 1248 1249 [1250] 1251 1252 ... 3345