Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704816 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18705 on: December 05, 2012, 05:58:50 pm »

16 is an adult for shipping purposes, just like 18 is an adult for killing purposes and 21 is an adult for drinking purposes.

...so hypothetically all girls who are juniors and above at any high school on earth can be hypothetically written into a shipfic...many of which often feature certain scenes of "questionable adult material,"...hypothetically.

...Somewhere, at this moment, Chris Hansen is detecting a serious disturbance in the force.
With the appropriate authorial handwave (warning: TVTropes link), apparent age becomes irrelevant.

It's kinda' amusing when manga et al lampshades that one, or the inverse one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18706 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:39 pm »

16 is an adult for shipping purposes, just like 18 is an adult for killing purposes and 21 is an adult for drinking purposes.

...so hypothetically all girls who are juniors and above at any high school on earth can be hypothetically written into a shipfic...many of which often feature certain scenes of "questionable adult material,"...hypothetically.

...Somewhere, at this moment, Chris Hansen is detecting a serious disturbance in the force.
With the appropriate authorial handwave (warning: TVTropes link), apparent age becomes irrelevant.

It's kinda' amusing when manga et al lampshades that one, or the inverse one.

Why do all the centuries-old vampires choose to look like little blonde lolis? BECAUSE JAPAN

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: December 05, 2012, 07:34:44 pm »

Or maybe because people would stare at someone older than 200 a lot more than a young-ish person?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: December 05, 2012, 07:40:00 pm »

Or maybe because people would stare at someone older than 200 a lot more than a young-ish person?
Blonde guys in Japan get stared at a lot.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: December 05, 2012, 11:04:38 pm »

Also, people tend to pay a bit more attention to little kids acting in certain ways than, say, someone in their mid-30s. Unless it's a genetic imperative to troll and discomfort people. Or a plot device intended to play on as many fetishes as possible.

3. Run Resize Enable

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: December 06, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »

The new Youtube video layout irritates me.

Half my screen is unused. Half. Half is just blank white nothingness, while everything important is shafted to the left.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: December 06, 2012, 06:28:14 pm »

Yep. ::)
Only a fraction of my screen is wasted, but then again my screen is small laptop screen. Also mine is black, because customization.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: December 06, 2012, 06:29:23 pm »

Fucking Youtube. Though it's actually less annoying than having channels in the bar along the bottom of the screen.

3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: December 06, 2012, 10:59:11 pm »

They removed the in-video channel list. What the fuck is wrong with them? That was one of the only good features they ever added! Now I have to have two tabs for a channel who's videos I'm going through instead of one.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: December 06, 2012, 11:07:49 pm »

I've been steadily more and more displeased with Youtube's changing layout. Seriously. I understand the ease of use factor and all that... but I liked my screen real-estate. Can I have it back now?

On top of that, the change before this took away the customization options I had for my channel, and gave me some generic cookie-cutter BS in its place. And the constant push to use RealID is annoying. No I do not want to link a Facebook to my Youtube, I don't use Facebook. Yes I am sure. No I don't want to use my real name on my channel, it's for a show. No I don't want to auto-correct the lighting and contrast on my video, I already did that!

Why can't you just stop being so user-friendly that I can't do anything I want to do!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: December 06, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »

And the constant push to use RealID is annoying. No I do not want to link a Facebook to my Youtube, I don't use Facebook. Yes I am sure. No I don't want to use my real name on my channel, it's for a show. Why can't you just stop being so user-friendly that I can't do anything I want to do!
Damn straight. No one should know my music tastes until I damn well tell them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:56 pm »

Really? REALLY?

"When we see disgusting sexism like this, it highlights the importance of active parenting and teaching our children to respect themselves and respect those around them. These t-shirts prove that we can't trust pop culture to help raise our children,"

Apparently this is what it took for you to figure that one out. But good on you, nevertheless.

Anyway, that's entirely disgusting... and only made worse by the fact that it's not even funny. How can Spencers possibly be a company?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: December 06, 2012, 11:48:35 pm »

It weren't that line, just the shirts themselves. Seriously, anyone wearing those shirts is going to be either avoided or killed. Or something. Not a smart way to drive up reneues, Spencer's. Nope.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: December 06, 2012, 11:52:01 pm »

Spencer's, as a company, tries to run on Refuge in Audacity. Sometimes it works, other times it...doesn't.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 3345