Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704811 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18690 on: December 05, 2012, 03:46:26 am »

I'm not sure what my cat just did to my keyboard, but everything in my window seems to have disappeared. You know the top bar thing that shows the url and what tabs you have open? Gone. Of course it appears when I move my mouse near it, but this is rather disorienting.

F11
Ye are now as a computer god.

If you could make Python 2.7 properly install in Windows under Cygwin, I'd be even more impressed. Guess what my rage is related to.
Pickles! No wait, someone stabbed your eye out. You're being annoyed by Slenderman spambots? You've travelled back in time to Ancient Greece and you can;t get back? Hold on...
YOU'RE A POTATO.

How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO.
I think that's the first time I've unintentionally made a Portal 2 reference.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: RAEG Like It's 1994! Edition
« Reply #18691 on: December 05, 2012, 01:36:43 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUU ORNSTEIN YOU SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO STAB ME THROUGH SMOUGH.  I would be able to solo it at lvl 1 if it wasn't for the stupid "enemy attacks can travel through everything with a phantom range twice the length of the weapon"
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18692 on: December 05, 2012, 02:06:14 pm »

Haven't gamed for 2 days.
I was so close today, but Magicka kepts crashing. Forsaken's minecraft server is always down when i want to play on it. And i get distracted by other things so easily :(

e:

I shut down my computer.
"Oh you still had 20 minutes!"
I start up my computer.
5 minutes left.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:16:19 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18693 on: December 05, 2012, 02:42:27 pm »

I would like to take a moment and point out that all shipping I've been involved with has been between consenting adults. Thank you.
I would like to point out that, as a example, I am only 16, and am therefore not an adult. Other people who are on this forum and have been shipped are also not adults.

Just keep in mind the library of shipping-based Hedonism is also illegal. Unless it is only matched up with under-age on under-age, but that'd be complicated.

Disclaimer: All ships with currently underaged Forumites are set an appropriate amount of years into the future. (That means you, Scelly.)

AND YOU TOO MISKO. EVERYONE IS ADULT IN THE SHIPS.

So he was suggesting that he had a library of dissertations about why MZ and Vorthon should be a couple, or a library of fictional accounts of their romance?

This is making me feel like an Internet neophyte.

A library of graphically erotic accounts of their romance. Supposedly. That's what I understand 'Ship' as. Like, slashfics. But I really don't. Yet.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18694 on: December 05, 2012, 02:47:19 pm »

Dumbasses: :/

http://thenextweb.com/media/2012/12/03/whoops-movie-studios-ask-google-to-censor-links-to-legal-copies-of-their-films-and-related-content/?fromcat=all
[Several large movie studios have asked Google to take down legitimate pages related to their own films, including sites legally hosting, promoting, or discussing them. We’ve written about the ridiculousness of automated Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) requests before, including Microsoft asking Google to censor BBC, CBS, CNN, Wikipedia, the US government, and even its own Bing links, but this latest episode takes the cake.

In early November, a few dozen DMCA notices were sent by a company called “Yes It Is – No Piracy!” on behalf of several major movie studios, including Lionsgate, 20th Century Fox, BBC Films, Summit Entertainment, Sony Pictures, and Walt Disney Pictures. TorrentFreak lists some of the problems with the takedown requests, courtesy of Google’s Transparency Report.

Victims of the takedown requests include sites where the content is hosted legally (Amazon, CBS, iTunes, Blockbuster, Verizon on demand, and Xfinity), newspapers discussing the content in question (the BBC, CNET, Forbes, The Huffington Post, The Guardians, The Independent, The Mirror, The Daily Mail, and Wired) as well as official Facebook Pages for the movies and TV shows and even their Wikipedia entries.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #18695 on: December 05, 2012, 02:48:23 pm »

Why isn't it illegal to file false DMCA notices?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18696 on: December 05, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »

The solution is simple, create a film about filing DMCA takedown notices, then sue anyone who issues a DMCA takedown for illegally making reference to your film
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18697 on: December 05, 2012, 02:50:50 pm »

for certain classes of false DMCA notices it is illegal.

That class would be filing a DMCA notice on IP that someone else owns.

And the extent of the meaning of that has not been tested in a court of law as far as I know.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18699 on: December 05, 2012, 02:56:05 pm »

At least you're not that werewolf named Jacob :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18700 on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:49 pm »

At least you're not that werewolf named Jacob :P

But if anyone ever does a google search on me, they're going to be like, "You're a bad, bad man." And I'll have to play it off like, "Nah, I just robbed some people, no one died or anything. Got hurt, sure, but no one died."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18701 on: December 05, 2012, 03:00:01 pm »

Spoiler: hanslanda is this you (click to show/hide)

I'm not really sure how Google gets its image results past the first 10 or so.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18702 on: December 05, 2012, 03:01:31 pm »

Spoiler: hanslanda is this you (click to show/hide)

I'm not really sure how Google gets its image results past the first 10 or so.

That's my girlfriend. She's imaginary. I'm not sure how they got a picture of my imaginary girlfriend, but I'm confused and frightened.
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18703 on: December 05, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »

for certain classes of false DMCA notices it is illegal.

That class would be filing a DMCA notice on IP that someone else owns.

And the extent of the meaning of that has not been tested in a court of law as far as I know.
You're making an official legal claim that you own something and someone else is illegally breaking the copyright, so that would be a form of perjury. It probably has been tested, people just rarely have the will to go through with it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #18704 on: December 05, 2012, 05:49:04 pm »

16 is an adult for shipping purposes, just like 18 is an adult for killing purposes and 21 is an adult for drinking purposes.

...so hypothetically all girls who are juniors and above at any high school on earth can be hypothetically written into a shipfic...many of which often feature certain scenes of "questionable adult material,"...hypothetically.

...Somewhere, at this moment, Chris Hansen is detecting a serious disturbance in the force.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 1245 1246 [1247] 1248 1249 ... 3345