Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705816 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: HP Fuckery Edition
« Reply #18540 on: December 03, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »

"Documented methods used by Chinese street vendors to artificially enhance the odor of their stinky tofu include human feces and rotten pork juice in the brine and encouraging flies to lay live maggots in the liquid so that their digestive juices will help ferment the tofu more quickly."

No thanks!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18541 on: December 03, 2012, 03:38:48 pm »

Yeah, I don't eat the stuff. Even over here, where it's somewhat more regulated. First time I encountered it was a hot day in a street market, and I thought absolutely certain there was an open sewer somewhere nearby. I honestly can't fathom what would possess a person to place something in their mouth that smells that vile.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18542 on: December 03, 2012, 03:52:17 pm »

Just got a spam email, CLEARLY not a virus from a random person with a dutch email adress full of links leading to websites other than what was listed because un unspecified and uncreated acount of mine was blocked by an unheard of company...

Why do they even try?  It's obvious enough even without the fake links (I didn't click on them, but even hovering over them showed that they wouldn't lead to that actual site), seeing as the adress that was sent to me looked more immature(and likely contained more XxX's at the beggining and end) than the average 12 year old Call of Duty player's gamertag on Xbox Live.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18543 on: December 03, 2012, 04:07:14 pm »

Just got a spam email, CLEARLY not a virus from a random person with a dutch email adress full of links leading to websites other than what was listed because un unspecified and uncreated acount of mine was blocked by an unheard of company...

Why do they even try?  It's obvious enough even without the fake links (I didn't click on them, but even hovering over them showed that they wouldn't lead to that actual site), seeing as the adress that was sent to me looked more immature(and likely contained more XxX's at the beggining and end) than the average 12 year old Call of Duty player's gamertag on Xbox Live.
Because you would not believe the amount of college-educated adults who click on EVERYTHING they get without looking at it with any measure of skepticism. We have mandatory training within HP and ATF to warn against this kind of thing. People still click on it ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Think of it this way...if you spam it out to 10,000 addresses and even only 0.1% of them fall for it, that's 10 identities stolen/credit cards compromised, etc. Easy fucking money.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #18544 on: December 03, 2012, 04:17:08 pm »

You'd think that clicking the "only show stuff that has free shipping options" button on Amazon would only show stuff that has free shipping options. As far as I can tell it doesn't modify your search results at all.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18545 on: December 03, 2012, 05:16:50 pm »

Fuck off, ITU.
The internet is not broken. You are trying to break it for no fucking reason with nonsense. You got the US, the EU, and Australia to agree on the same internet-related thing for once that it is indeed not broken. We already have several groups, who know far more than you on this, that keep stuff going well on the internet, generally. They might not do stuff right all the time, but unlike you, they weren't originally based on goddamn telegrams. They started with the internet, and probably would be fine with punching you in the face if it was diplomatic.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18546 on: December 03, 2012, 05:21:04 pm »

I found this a few days aggo (well it was on the front page). Now is as good a time as ever:

Relevant
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18547 on: December 03, 2012, 05:36:45 pm »

I've known about it for quite a bit longer than that, but since now its started, its a good time to point it out in here.
Those Politico comments, though. Its like trying to compress all of the political hate and idiotry of yahoo news politics commentators into 20 comments.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:39:37 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18548 on: December 03, 2012, 05:40:28 pm »

There seems to be a large number who see something uncontroled and undirected as something dangerous and yet because the internet is undirected is exactly why it is powerful.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18549 on: December 03, 2012, 05:44:05 pm »

I've known about it for quite a bit longer than that, but since now its started, its a good time to point it out in here.
Those Politico comments, though. Its like trying to compress all of the political hate and idiotry of yahoo news politics commentators into 20 comments.
Hehe. That reminds me about that study I remember from somewhere. IN terms of what show you watch, the people who watch Stephen Colbert and John Stewart are the most knowlegabke about politics, followed closely by Bill O'reilly.

Being Politically knowledgeable makes you a extremist, appearantly. Or a comedian.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18550 on: December 03, 2012, 05:44:26 pm »

I'm not too worried. With both the US and EU against it, it'll never make any changes.
Being Politically knowledgeable makes you a extremist, appearantly. Or a comedian.
Well, yeah. Extremists by definition care more deeply about the issues than anyone else and will religiously (pun intended) keep up with them. On the other hand, to get political humor you have to understand the issues in the first place, or it isn't funny.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:47:09 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18551 on: December 03, 2012, 05:47:12 pm »

Well, either that Jerick, or because 'the ACTA scenario' scared the fuck out of them apparently. I'm liking the impression that left more the longer it keeps affecting things.

@MSH The US and the EU are only 2 votes out of the entire group. Suppoedly its voluntary according to that politico article though.

In better news though, fail copyright troll.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:49:27 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18552 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:52 pm »

The US and the EU are theoretically 2 votes. In practice....
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18553 on: December 03, 2012, 05:52:58 pm »

I've never been keen on using steam, but since a friend gifted me a couple of games, I thought

and proceeded to install Shogun Total War 2.

It has been 12 hours and it's not done. I hate steam.

Alright, screw this shit. I´m reinstalling SMAC on my netbook
you are trying to install steam on a netbook, and of all the things shogun 2, would that even run?
No, I am installing SMAC on my netbook. Shogun 2 on my desktop. Obviously. And yeah, the connection is reasonably fast but nonetheless it takes ridiculously long and inhibits other computer usage. Therefore annoyance

Yeah. When people have problems with Steam, it's usually their own fault.

Whereas when people have reading comprehension problems  it isn't so I wont go too hard on your thoughtless comment
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:55:15 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18554 on: December 03, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »

I hadn't thought of that, MSH.
So, US/EU/Australia vs Russia/China, then? That could be an interesting clash of influence...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 1235 1236 [1237] 1238 1239 ... 3345