Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705834 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: HP Fuckery Edition
« Reply #18510 on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:32 am »

Technically, you can't have sex during the few months in between but no one will punish you for what was legal at the time. So 19 and 17 can't have sex, but no one is retroactively a pervert.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18511 on: December 02, 2012, 10:31:04 am »

Um...

Actually, in most states in the US, there's a range. usually it's something like under 18 you can't be more than two years apart, or something like that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18512 on: December 02, 2012, 10:41:50 am »

Most states, yeah. It can depend on other factors, too, though.

Frankly, I've known a few folks hit with statutory charges that were never actually physically involved with their partner. Just got caught on the wrong side of someone willing to abuse the system. Most of the causes I've seen of statutory charges are more along the lines of "the parents didn't like someone" than anything else :-\

S'a pretty fucked up set of laws, really, in general.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18513 on: December 02, 2012, 10:46:07 am »

Um...

Actually, in most states in the US, there's a range. usually it's something like under 18 you can't be more than two years apart, or something like that.
Hmm. As I've just turned 16, I therefore can f*** the largest number of underage people? If anyone ever wanted to...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18514 on: December 02, 2012, 12:50:01 pm »

I've never been keen on using steam, but since a friend gifted me a couple of games, I thought

and proceeded to install Shogun Total War 2.

It has been 12 hours and it's not done. I hate steam.

Alright, screw this shit. I´m reinstalling SMAC on my netbook
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18515 on: December 02, 2012, 12:55:48 pm »

I live with a bunch of stupid morons >:(

So when I was advising them to take dog on regular check at vet, they were all like 'naaah, no need for it, he is all healthy.'

Now that he got sick (some infection), everyone, including my slightly hysteric mother, is 'omg Paul take him to vet don't let him die', but because the vet is closed, now, for some reason, I have to do all the search for vet that's still open at this hour.

Ehh. Sometimes I just want to punch people.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18516 on: December 02, 2012, 01:24:46 pm »

I've never been keen on using steam, but since a friend gifted me a couple of games, I thought

You know Shogun 2 is close to one of the biggest games in filesize on steam, right? You need a decent connection to get it finished in any reasonably length of time, and steam only goes up whatever you set your internet speed as.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18517 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:23 pm »

Alright, screw this shit. I´m reinstalling SMAC on my netbook
you are trying to install steam on a netbook, and of all the things shogun 2, would that even run?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18518 on: December 02, 2012, 01:45:46 pm »

Yeah. When people have problems with Steam, it's usually their own fault.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18519 on: December 02, 2012, 01:49:33 pm »

Say if someone is 17 and 9 months, going out with someone who is 17 and 6 months. Is it legal for them to have sex for the first 3 months, but the older one becomes a pedophile on the 18th birthday?
No. Most states have "Romeo and Juliet" laws, which provide an exception on the minor-adult barrier for people with ages a year or less in proximity.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18520 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01:32 pm »

Any idea how many is "most," MSH? Googling's actually having some trouble finding, like, a list.

Also, seems like most of the R&J stuff doesn't decriminalize something like what Reelya was talking about, but instead reduce it to a misdemeanor instead of a felony. Apparently underage intercourse is illegal period in some places in th'states, at least if I'm interpreting the stuff I'm running into correctly. S'just not a felony charge.

Be nice if someone a bit more familiar with the legal aspect could chime in, really...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18521 on: December 02, 2012, 04:49:38 pm »

Its been a very long time since I was in the market for having to know the intricacies of statutory laws.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18522 on: December 02, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

Any idea how many is "most," MSH? Googling's actually having some trouble finding, like, a list.

Also, seems like most of the R&J stuff doesn't decriminalize something like what Reelya was talking about, but instead reduce it to a misdemeanor instead of a felony. Apparently underage intercourse is illegal period in some places in th'states, at least if I'm interpreting the stuff I'm running into correctly. S'just not a felony charge.

Be nice if someone a bit more familiar with the legal aspect could chime in, really...

Being a college student, I find it prudent to actually have this knowledge. Wikipedia.

Basically, federal law says that, if both partners are within 12 and 16 years old, it's legal, or if both partners are over 16. However, individual states have the right to make stricter laws, and they do. 29 states (plus the District of Columbia) have the age of consent at 16, 9 have 17, and 12 have 18. Plus, nearly every state has those R&J laws. They're referred to as "grace periods" more often now, because R&J laws traditionally referred to heterosexual couples only, and that distinction was struck down by the Supreme Court.

For example, in Texas, the age of consent is 17, but if one person was 17 or older and the other was under 17, it's legal if they are within three years of each other. So, 17 is a "soft" lower limit, and 14 is a "hard" lower limit.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18523 on: December 02, 2012, 08:50:47 pm »

So. Angry.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18524 on: December 02, 2012, 08:52:49 pm »

Dogpile on Hans!

Stay away from his mouth, though. The hugpile is glorious, but keeping him from 'splaining... and, you know... breathing... Das bad, mkay?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 1233 1234 [1235] 1236 1237 ... 3345