Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3705379 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18315 on: November 26, 2012, 02:12:47 pm »

Theres a good point there. What do you have settings (besides resolution) set to that might screw up settings like that, Han?

Indeed, it was exactly as Frumple said, all the text DPI was 150% of normal size... Because my parents both wear glasses. I fixed that, and now hopefully they won't notice and change it back. :P But yes, now everything fits properly, even Steam.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18316 on: November 26, 2012, 02:27:14 pm »

Brother does not have word on his computer. I have word 2010. Word 2010 is needed for school. I get pusehd off my computer for 20 minutes in the middle of planetside 2.

RRAAAH.
Throw Libreoffice on his computer, show him where the save as .doc part is in Save As. (Or .docx, if you want to lag everything that isn't Office 2010 in loading your file, including older versions of office with the converter installed.)
Problem Solved.
Won't work. Mind the "for school" part. At school he'll use office 2010, and be teached how to work with that. Plus, my dad types financial articles as his second job, so he can help with that. (not an automatic con, but it still factors in.).

LibreOffice will probably work for the digital letters that are apparantly published in .docx format.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18317 on: November 26, 2012, 02:28:57 pm »

Install a 'legitimate' copy of Word 2010 on his PC?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18318 on: November 26, 2012, 02:30:52 pm »

Arr is certainly not an option, if that's what you're trying to say.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18319 on: November 26, 2012, 02:33:11 pm »

Brother does not have word on his computer. I have word 2010. Word 2010 is needed for school. I get pusehd off my computer for 20 minutes in the middle of planetside 2.

RRAAAH.
Throw Libreoffice on his computer, show him where the save as .doc part is in Save As. (Or .docx, if you want to lag everything that isn't Office 2010 in loading your file, including older versions of office with the converter installed.)
Problem Solved.
Won't work. Mind the "for school" part. At school he'll use office 2010, and be teached how to work with that. Plus, my dad types financial articles as his second job, so he can help with that. (not an automatic con, but it still factors in.).

LibreOffice will probably work for the digital letters that are apparantly published in .docx format.
then tell him to fork up the cash for a new one :/

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18320 on: November 26, 2012, 02:36:20 pm »

To put all this in perspective, I have an 8 core i7 computer at work that barely opens web pages because of all the spyware the government insists on running on the thing.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18321 on: November 26, 2012, 02:36:30 pm »

Can't do that. My parents wont allow me to push him off this computer.
After all, it's not really my computer, my parents bought it, I just happen to use it 99% of the time.

I'll try to get LibreOffice on his computer so he can read the letters tough.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18322 on: November 26, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »

RRAAAH.
Problem Solved.

Unless theres some sort of fancy unique feature he needs from Word, everything works the same no matter what word processor you have, and anything that wants to be used seriously can save .doc files. If my grandma can learn to use the basics of Firefox and Thunderbird on Linux Mint and where to find downloaded files after XP died on her with a lost install disk, he can learn two word processors. Or he can fork up the cash for Word, either way works, students get a huge discount of MSOffice anyway.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:42:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18323 on: November 26, 2012, 02:44:27 pm »

Whoever had the idea of filling all these 5x5 matrices with fractions and then telling me not to use my calculator hated people.

All people.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 02:48:03 pm by freeformschooler »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18324 on: November 26, 2012, 03:05:47 pm »

It wasn't me I swear.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #18325 on: November 26, 2012, 06:19:02 pm »

I find it hard to believe there could hypothetically be people out there who have to make those kinds of worksheets, assignments, etc for a living and not hate people. I'd be a bit touchy too if I had that future ahead of me. It sounds dull.

MyRageTopic: Just heard a local news story on TV about "spyware" or something designed to let parents watch their teenagers while the teenagers are driving, for fear that they might drive themselves into a brick wall while staring at their phones pretending to drive trying to drive driving.

Honestly, it's like natural selection at work. The fact that parents want to baby their kids so much isn't helping the issue. If they lack the common sense to actually put down their phone for a certain amount of time in order to drive then you raised the kid wrong!

Ugh. I have so much suppressed raeg about this topic.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18326 on: November 26, 2012, 07:03:21 pm »

I was reminded about
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #18327 on: November 26, 2012, 07:15:22 pm »

I find it hard to believe there could hypothetically be people out there who have to make those kinds of worksheets, assignments, etc for a living and not hate people. I'd be a bit touchy too if I had that future ahead of me. It sounds dull.

MyRageTopic: Just heard a local news story on TV about "spyware" or something designed to let parents watch their teenagers while the teenagers are driving, for fear that they might drive themselves into a brick wall while staring at their phones pretending to drive trying to drive driving.

Honestly, it's like natural selection at work. The fact that parents want to baby their kids so much isn't helping the issue. If they lack the common sense to actually put down their phone for a certain amount of time in order to drive then you raised the kid wrong!

Ugh. I have so much suppressed raeg about this topic.

I concur. I'd argue that if it'd been possible for Smartphones to be in our hands and functioning in the hunter/gatherer past....the world would be run by Dolphins right now. People and their phones in traffic is like being prey walking through a pack of predators with your head stuffed in your arse.

Or to put it another way, if humans had smart phones 10,000 years ago, most would have been eaten by lions.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18328 on: November 26, 2012, 07:28:41 pm »

I was reminded about
(╯°A°)╯︵┻━┻
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18329 on: November 26, 2012, 07:30:35 pm »

I was reminded about
(╯°A°)╯︵┻━┻
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1220 1221 [1222] 1223 1224 ... 3345