Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691228 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18210 on: November 22, 2012, 02:03:40 am »

I think my computer picked up some sort of virus. I'm suddenly getting blank ad panels popping up on the sides of websites that have never used advertising before. And they're popping up just about everywhere, including my school's website, so I don't think it's a coincidence <_<;

Check for processes with unusual names. Kill them. Check services, too. Stop/remove them. Remove files from your computer that you didn't put on there.
Working on that. Also running full system scans for viruses and malware. If the problem persists I'll need some heavy firepower.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: November 22, 2012, 02:19:39 am »

For fuck's sake, the internet is not a damn telegraph. Or anything else related to telephones except for dial-up. We do not need a group of people wasting the entire globe's time screwing with the internet because old people in old governments don't understand it terribly well, or don't like the free part of it. Fuck that. Leave the management of the goddamn IT network to the goddamn IT people, unless you know how to not fuck it up.

This post brought to you by the letter f, because this deserves it whether or not I usually avoid using that swear in particular, due to everyone else seeming to dump it on everything.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 02:22:01 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: November 22, 2012, 02:23:54 am »

Hold up, since when can the governments of the world agree on anything?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: November 22, 2012, 02:25:43 am »

Hold up, since when can the governments of the world agree on anything?
Inverse proportion of stupidness to cooperation. The stupider an action is, the more likely they are to agree on it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18214 on: November 22, 2012, 02:26:54 am »

For fuck's sake, the internet is not a damn telegraph. Or anything else related to telephones except for dial-up. We do not need a group of people wasting the entire globe's time screwing with the internet because old people in old governments don't understand it terribly well, or don't like the free part of it. Fuck that. Leave the management of the goddamn IT network to the goddamn IT people, unless you know how to not fuck it up.

This post brought to you by the letter f, because this deserves it whether or not I usually avoid using that swear in particular, due to everyone else seeming to dump it on everything.

LET THE INTERNET BE FREE!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18215 on: November 22, 2012, 02:31:50 am »

Once again, a case of politicians thinking that their job is to control everything, while having no idea what they are dealing with.
Your job isn't to do what ever you like! It is to listen to what very smart people say and then weigh up their arguments and counter arguments. Your own ideas or agendas should die when you step into the office! But no, to many people in politics because they think they have some good ideas, not because they are good at collecting and refining data on subjects they know that they don't fully understand.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18216 on: November 22, 2012, 02:33:56 am »

I hope the UN's head IT guy walks into that meeting and says "No."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: November 22, 2012, 02:35:15 am »

They have a head IT guy...?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: November 22, 2012, 02:36:33 am »

I hope IT guys everywhere go on strike. I mean it is hopelessly optimistic, but still... Somebody has to actually implement what ever this group tries to legislate, and telling people to shoot themselves in the foot because it is their job is still telling them to shoot themselves in the foot.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: November 22, 2012, 09:34:47 am »

Somewhere, theres a scale. On one side, getting IPv6 set up before the v4 addresses are entirely used up, and having it work right while also having the dual stack systems work properly so it doesn't interrupt people too much while its getting out there. On the otherside is a bunch of idiot politicians.

Guess which side will be harder to deal with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: November 22, 2012, 09:42:01 am »

The first one. You can't just shoot internet protocols.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18221 on: November 22, 2012, 09:47:26 am »

While that may be true Darvi, at least when you do find a solution to the first problem, they don't just bring in a new guy that is exactly the same.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: November 22, 2012, 09:53:00 am »

Also, you can spell out sentences with hexadecimal. Its rather hard to spell out anything if you're using politicians instead.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: November 22, 2012, 10:05:25 am »

Not really, you just have to make sure they stop moving around first.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18224 on: November 22, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »

I have no proof, but I think I heard that Japanese swords were folded so much to compensate for the poor iron(making). xD

Anyways, katanas being badass is so wrong. :P
iron folding have been a technique used by other cultures for a long time. The japanese though were able to score with their katanas with the right kind of iron ore with all of the fun metals needed for its insane alloy.
  • Inferior iron ore :|
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 3345