Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3704256 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Put It Away Edition
« Reply #18075 on: November 18, 2012, 03:42:14 am »

Urgh. So apparently I'm expected to clean the floors. Why the fuck do people do this shit? It achieves nothing.
Unless there's some actual mess on the floor, something unhygienic that's been spilt, why bother? Any dirt and dust is just going to be back the next day. Sweeping and mopping is the true embodiment of futility.
Agreed.  There are points at which you need to sweep or vacuum, but that point does not occur EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Same thing with mowing the lawn.  Do we need to keep it mowed so we can walk through it? Yes.  Do we need to keep it mowed so that it is precisely one inch long the whole summer? No.

*Brofist*

Mop when necessary! Fuck the System!!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18076 on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:09 am »

Urgh. So apparently I'm expected to clean the floors. Why the fuck do people do this shit? It achieves nothing.
Unless there's some actual mess on the floor, something unhygienic that's been spilt, why bother? Any dirt and dust is just going to be back the next day. Sweeping and mopping is the true embodiment of futility.
Agreed.  There are points at which you need to sweep or vacuum, but that point does not occur EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Same thing with mowing the lawn.  Do we need to keep it mowed so we can walk through it? Yes.  Do we need to keep it mowed so that it is precisely one inch long the whole summer? No.
My mother WAS rather appalled when I suggested we burn the lawn down so I wouldn't have to cut it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #18077 on: November 18, 2012, 03:52:47 am »

I keep my grass an average of 2" long. I cut it to 1.5" when it gets around 2.5" long hehe. 1" long grass just looks a little thin to me...
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18078 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:24 am »

Step 1: Install ~25gb mod.
Step 2: Install ~20gb patch.
Step 3: Instal  another patch.
Step 4: Mod can't start.

Half Life 2: Cinematic Mod.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18079 on: November 18, 2012, 07:42:08 am »

Lucid dreaming is easiest done when you are laying down in the afternoon, some time between 2 and 4, and close your eyes, and start thinking about something.
Personally I like to work on a little architectural project. I have a small town by the sea that I think about, adding details here and there. The lighthouse on the cliffs near by is the jewel in the mental crown.
Pretty soon you are dreaming consciously about the subject. The only problem is that it only takes something minor to snap you out of it, and it is very hard to get back.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18080 on: November 18, 2012, 07:58:17 am »

I'm not really as bothered about lucid dreams as I used to be, since my dreams just got plain awesomer than before.
It's a fair enough compromise.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18081 on: November 18, 2012, 08:26:21 am »

Are we doing the thing where we talk about our dreams? Because I seriously have the best fucking dream story.
I don't remember about 99% of my dreams, but there have been multiple times when I have decided to try out something to do with programming that I read in an article the night before. So I will sit down and tap away, then when I can't remember exactly what I was meant to do next I start to look for that same article and then can't find it. At that point I realize that I never read any article, it was something I thought of in a dream.
This has happened to me multiple times, and several of those times it turned out to be a really good idea. Most of the time not so much, but sometimes...

Yes, I have visions of software come to me in dreams! I'm computer Moses!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18082 on: November 18, 2012, 08:29:57 am »

I had some weird dream last night (after a drunken night out ending in about 10ks of walking) where my family had a bunch of cats and I was organizing them into some cage fighting deal where people would bet money on them and then they would FIIIIGHT.
I really do not know.

If I remember rightly it was some weird mix of cats from past and present, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18083 on: November 18, 2012, 08:42:31 am »

Are we doing the thing where we talk about our dreams? Because I seriously have the best fucking dream story.
I don't remember about 99% of my dreams, but there have been multiple times when I have decided to try out something to do with programming that I read in an article the night before. So I will sit down and tap away, then when I can't remember exactly what I was meant to do next I start to look for that same article and then can't find it. At that point I realize that I never read any article, it was something I thought of in a dream.
This has happened to me multiple times, and several of those times it turned out to be a really good idea. Most of the time not so much, but sometimes...

Yes, I have visions of software come to me in dreams! I'm computer Moses!
Tell us the ten amendments! (I bet i misspelled that.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18084 on: November 18, 2012, 08:44:21 am »

1) Thou shalt not make code in the shape of pasta.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18085 on: November 18, 2012, 08:49:43 am »

0001. Thou shall not think that apple is an acceptable option.
0010. Thou shall not use gray code, that shit is bananas.
0011. Stop paying out the .net framework, it is good.
0100. Thou shall not think HTML counts.
0101. Thou shall not think that a massive IF block is an acceptable substitute for state pattern dammit!
0110. Thou shall always have a 'Would you like to save?' option.
0111. Thou shall not use a black background with green text on your IDE because it looks cool.
1000. Thou does NOT have the world on a string.
1001. Thou shall not pirate then expect others to not pirate thou works.
1010. Thou shall always kill.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #18086 on: November 18, 2012, 10:20:40 am »

When I remember my dreams, they usually consist of my brain going "Hey bro, you know that bug that's been plaguing you for ages? We've totally figured out how to fix that. You should wake up like right now"
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #18087 on: November 18, 2012, 10:40:05 am »

I had a dream I died in the middle of a flood, a volcanic eruption, an earthquake, and a nuclear meltdown (yes, all at once). When I woke up, the sky had ridiculous looking clouds and I was sure my alarm clock has turned back about 20 minutes, so I thought maybe I was in heaven. This resulted in my conjuring / remembering the alternate universe theory, where in one universe such a debacle had killed me and in this I carried on living.  :o

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18088 on: November 18, 2012, 10:55:27 am »

0000. Thou shall not think that apple is an acceptable option.
0001. Thou shall use gray code, that shit is bananas.
0011. Stop paying out the .net framework, it is good.
0010. Thou shall not think HTML counts.
0110. Thou shall not think that a massive IF block is an acceptable substitute for state pattern dammit!
0111. Thou shall always have a 'Would you like to save?' option.
0101. Thou shall not use a black background with green text on your IDE because it looks cool.
0100. Thou does NOT have the world on a string.
1100. Thou shall not pirate then expect others to not pirate thine works.
1101. Thou shall always mergesort

FTFY

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18089 on: November 18, 2012, 12:05:39 pm »

What CPU is it, how much RAM is there, and when was the last time someone cleaned the dust out of it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1204 1205 [1206] 1207 1208 ... 3345