Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693310 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: CMYK 4 Life Edition
« Reply #18000 on: November 16, 2012, 10:04:27 am »

Yeah, right, whatever. It doesn't fucking work and I hope they all catch fire and die in a mysterious meringue accident. Assholes. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18001 on: November 16, 2012, 10:05:31 am »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18002 on: November 16, 2012, 10:40:57 am »

Pretty much what Darvi linked. I don't understand why you are so overly negative against steam. It just gives you an installer, you say what country you are in and your approximate internet speed (So it can tell you aproximately how long a download will take) and then install. Then it will update, so mayby something went wrong there. I recommend just trying again.

E:
This is what youtube looks like now to me.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:18:02 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18003 on: November 16, 2012, 11:59:43 am »

Yeah, it was like that for me for about one day a month ago or so. Then it vanished. I'm not really sure what's up with it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18004 on: November 16, 2012, 12:00:27 pm »

I blame AVG.  Seriously.  I used to use it, but something changed with that program.  It stopped playing nice with basically everything.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18005 on: November 16, 2012, 12:00:38 pm »

Youtube has been swapping interfaces on me with no explanation for a couple months.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18006 on: November 16, 2012, 12:01:41 pm »

Oooh! Then i know what it is!
Lemme try something.

E:
Nope, ditching AVG secure search doesn't work.
And what AV program are you using now, Salmon?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18007 on: November 16, 2012, 12:02:47 pm »

well, youtube has been like that for me for at least a month, at least in opera, it is (or was) the old interface in other web browsers.  I do have to say the new interface is fine for what I use youtube for, checking my subscriptions and viewing those videos. 

I use microsoft security essentals, for what that is worth, Have no troubles with steam.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:04:33 pm by bluejello »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18008 on: November 16, 2012, 12:08:00 pm »

Fun fact: the wiki article for AVG has a link to "List of Rogue Security Software"

I didn't really read through the article to see how it relates to the program itself, but it's worth mentioning.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18009 on: November 16, 2012, 12:13:51 pm »

Fun fact: the wiki article for AVG has a link to "List of Rogue Security Software"

I didn't really read through the article to see how it relates to the program itself, but it's worth mentioning.
Apparently there are two fake versions of AVG out there which are those "You have 10 million viruses" viruses that infect you if you believe them and try to use them.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18010 on: November 16, 2012, 12:14:20 pm »

Oooh! Then i know what it is!
Lemme try something.

E:
Nope, ditching AVG secure search doesn't work.
And what AV program are you using now, Salmon?

I haven't bothered using anything for a pretty long time now, and haven't had any problems.  I just don't go around downloading tons of random crap.  I think I ran into a minor bug at one point, but was able to diagnose and squash it on my own.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18011 on: November 16, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »

Apparently there are two fake versions of AVG out there which are those "You have 10 million viruses" viruses that infect you if you believe them and try to use them.
Ah, the usual scareware then.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #18012 on: November 16, 2012, 12:20:11 pm »

I am raging, because my mother has made it a habit to come into my  room and ask me condescendingly "when are you going to bed?"

When she sleaves her tv on in the room across the hall when she is asleep or leaving her tv on and clinking around or having a conversation right outside my door, keeping me up if I try to sleep before I am dead tired.

The hypocrisy of her bullshit is grating on me.

And the worst part is that her doing this infuses me with the angry energy of a thousand suns, making it harder for me to sleep regardless of what ever else is going on.

Sometimes I just want to tell her: "be grateful, I took you in and saved your life because you are family, and just because I love you does not mean that I like you, and you need to stop judging me and get your own shit straightened out because I am sick and tired of having to put up it. You want to know why I am not sleeping? because of hearing your crap. You want to know why I am not exercising? because you buried my bike and gym equipment under literally 7 tons of ceramic molds and junk you will never fucking use. You want to know why I spend money eating out? Because you are a terrible cook, and any time I try to buy and keep ingredients for decent food it gets thrown into your shit flavored mash before I have a chance to do anything with it. You want to know why I am not looking for a girlfriend? Because if I found one, I would be inflicting you upon her and I wouldn't do that to someone I care about.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18013 on: November 16, 2012, 12:31:25 pm »

Oh yeah, I just remembered: Last night was one of the first in weeks I've had an opportunity to get a full night's sleep, and my roommate fucked it up. I went to sleep at 10:00, and he comes barging in at 1:30 and turns on the blinding fluorescent and starts talking on his phone in the only volume he has: loud.

I tell him to turn the fucking light off since I was actually getting some sleep, and he responds with "Dude, it's only 1:30, I could understand if it was 4:00 or something..."

It's as if he wants me to kill him. I get no fucking respect. I don't wake him up, hell, I'll sit in the dark while he's sleeping in the middle of the god damned day because I'm not so idiotic to think its okay to deny other people sleep. Not that he has any issue sleeping, oh no, he sleeps like a fucking rock and falls out at the slightest inclination. No, it's alright, you don't have to respect the conditional needs of the guy who takes an hour at least to fall asleep and will have all that progress erased if disturbed. Who rarely gets restful sleep even if I can make it to sleep since your god damn snoring and staying up to text random people on your phone and fucking masturbating while you think I can't hear you three feet away will regularly keep me from getting any REM sleep at all. HATE HATE HATE

I am being driven to my breaking point. At this point I'm actually starting to look deranged from my three hours of sleep every night. I don't even get to dream anymore, and when I do it's disjointed and feverish since I'm sick all the time, BECAUSE OF THIS SAME LIFE-DESTROYING MOTHERFUCKER.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18014 on: November 16, 2012, 12:43:35 pm »

Uuugh. Skyrim framerate suddenly went very choppy for no reason at all. This is exactly why i stopped playing it last time.

Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 3345