Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692199 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17610 on: November 05, 2012, 05:40:10 pm »

Square root minus one is not only an irrational number... But it's infinite. It's a conceptual one. Algebra is a tool to help us think.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #17611 on: November 05, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »

Wait, Outlook doesn't let you log into multiple accounts at once? How behind the times are THEY?

Gmail has let you do this for years.

Full Outlook does, no problem, but I'm using Outlook.com web mail, and you only have one set of cookies per browser.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: November 05, 2012, 07:33:46 pm »

So, uh. Multiple browsers? Or are you only allowed to use IE for whatever you're doing?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17613 on: November 05, 2012, 07:44:52 pm »

Wait, Outlook doesn't let you log into multiple accounts at once? How behind the times are THEY?
Gmail has let you do this for years.
Full Outlook does, no problem, but I'm using Outlook.com web mail, and you only have one set of cookies per browser.

Again, Gmail has had this functionality for years and gotten around the "one set of cookies" issue (notice the word 'set') just fine. This is basically the Outlook people being lazy.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #17614 on: November 05, 2012, 09:16:04 pm »

Gah. This new Youtube incompatibility with Firefox is really getting on my nerves. It looks like entire user channels are suffering from the black box of death issue. Any and all videos uploaded by certain Youtubers, regardless of the date they were uploaded in the first place, fail to work for me at all. I can't even watch videos from some of my subscriptions unless I copypasta the links into Chrome.

Sure, I could just start using Chrome for surfing Youtube at the moment, but I don't really like Chrome that much. I'd much rather be stubborn and blame Google and rant at them through the "feedback" button about their need to fix their crap.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17615 on: November 05, 2012, 09:23:03 pm »

Just be sure to sign your complaints "Mr. Space Cat."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17616 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:35 pm »

WHERE THE HELL DID THE OOC THREAD GO!
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: November 05, 2012, 09:32:13 pm »

Gah. This new Youtube incompatibility with Firefox is really getting on my nerves. It looks like entire user channels are suffering from the black box of death issue. Any and all videos uploaded by certain Youtubers, regardless of the date they were uploaded in the first place, fail to work for me at all. I can't even watch videos from some of my subscriptions unless I copypasta the links into Chrome.

Sure, I could just start using Chrome for surfing Youtube at the moment, but I don't really like Chrome that much. I'd much rather be stubborn and blame Google and rant at them through the "feedback" button about their need to fix their crap.

Chrome won't help. I'm getting Black Box of Death with Chrome.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17618 on: November 05, 2012, 09:33:05 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65536.0

Presumably, off the first page. (I wouldn't know, because I set the forum to show max threads/page)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: November 05, 2012, 09:35:21 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65536.0

Presumably, off the first page. (I wouldn't know, because I set the forum to show max threads/page)

THANK YOU!!![/rage]
Guess I can calm down now.
I totally forgot if it was in the games or GD section, xD.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: November 05, 2012, 09:39:13 pm »

As someone who switched to Chrome from Firefox a couple years ago (IIRC), I couldn't be happier to have made the change. My main reason was that Firefox kept losing all my open tabs despite being set to save them on exit, and that there was no way to get them back (e.g. from the history). I had a bunch more reasons, but that was the one which finally got me to try Chrome, and in the end to switch to it permanently. (If I accidentally closed the window with my stuff in it while still having another one open, I could hit the 'reopen closed tab/window' command to get it back. If the computer lost power or something really unexpected happened, it offered to restore the session (as Firefox ordinarily did, but frequently failed to do). Once or twice I managed to accidentally lose my tabs myself (shutting down all chrome windows without noticing that I had more than one, and they shut down in the wrong order), but since sites are re-added to the top of the history when they are opened in the browser on startup, I was able to just re-open them all from the history (something I could not do with Firefox since it didn't re-add or move their entries to the top when the browser was reopened and the last pages opened, at the time I switched to Chrome, anyways).

Firefox had other issues, but I'm not sure how many of them have been resolved. For instance, its version of javascript was much slower than Chrome's, if a tab froze all of Firefox froze, if flash crashed, it stopped working in all tabs until the browser was restarted (it crashed in chrome for the first time in recent memory while I was listening to music a few days ago; I refreshed the tab, Chrome reloaded it, and it resumed working properly), etc.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: November 05, 2012, 10:37:57 pm »

Chrome won't help. I'm getting Black Box of Death with Chrome.

Gah. I don't bother signing in to Youtube on Chrome, so I just copy-paste links from Firefox and Broken-tube to Chrome. The same could be done with any two internet browsers I guess, or you could just sign out of Youtube for a while.

At the moment it seems like signing out is the most pleasing choice of action, considering the sheer wall of ugly that is Youtube's current aesthetic for users.

@Shadowlord-
I don't have a problem with losing tabs, I don't have that setting enabled on Firefox. I'm sure there's plenty of reasons Chrome is better than Firefox, or vice-versa. Personally, I don't like Chrome's minimalistic approach. I could probably customize that, I assume, but at the moment I don't feel the need to bother. Both browsers support Addblock, which is my main use, and I guess Chrome probably has a NoScript extension too. I haven't had a problem with Firefox freezing as far as I recall.

honestly, Firefox just seems to be my preference.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: November 06, 2012, 01:24:33 am »

I realized that I'm unable to make myself care about a certain class. This realization happened pretty soon after the final withdrawal date.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17623 on: November 06, 2012, 02:52:17 am »

I have no idea what he means by 'black box of death'.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: November 06, 2012, 03:01:46 am »

I realized that I'm unable to make myself care about a certain class. This realization happened pretty soon after the final withdrawal date.
Sucks, man, but I've been there. Best thing you can do is power through it as best you can.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 3345