Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700936 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17520 on: November 03, 2012, 12:16:42 am »

* kaijyuu nods

Probably a good decision there :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: November 03, 2012, 12:53:59 am »

Eh. Not really. There's kind of a... paragon redneck, so to speak, that's less drunken idiot and more swampdweller that's, well. Can approach pretty decent. They're just, ah. A bit rare nowadays. Especially when you're away from the swamps and the mountains and suchlike.

I'd hate to see a redneck when they reach Epic Tier.

They rarely get so far as that. Usually the higher level ones try to show off to the lower level ones and get themselves a self-kill. Usually it begins as "Hey, hold my beer while I <insert stupid dangerous action here>!"
In their language, it's spoken as, "Hey, y'all, watch this!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17522 on: November 03, 2012, 03:58:24 am »

I'd hate to see a redneck when they reach Epic Tier.
They rarely get so far as that. Usually the higher level ones try to show off to the lower level ones and get themselves a self-kill. Usually it begins as "Hey, hold my beer while I <insert stupid dangerous action here>!"
In their language, it's spoken as, "Hey, y'all, watch this!"
Woah, fix your redneck grammar. It's; "All y'all better watch this!"

Redneck English is important guys, helps people understand you better. The language of beer is a wonderful, holy thing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: November 03, 2012, 07:37:59 am »

So, actual rage time.

I was reviewing my plan on getting the hell out of my parents' house again, and going over what I needed to accomplish that task. I wanted to get my associate's degree in journalism after a semester or two, go to the local 4 year, and then write for money.

My community college cut journalism as a degree.

I can't get a degree in any field of English, any field of Mathematics, or any field of Science, but I can get a certificate in Sacred Music!?

I'm getting my General degree and never looking back. Fuck that worthless place.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: November 03, 2012, 07:38:46 am »

Heehee. Max, at one of the unis in Melbourne there's a Bachelor of Puppetry.

Yes, a uni level course on puppets.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: November 03, 2012, 07:39:26 am »

Heehee. Max, at one of the unis in Melbourne there's a Bachelor of Puppetry.

Yes, a uni level course on puppets.
Still better than Sacred music.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: November 03, 2012, 07:40:39 am »

I can't get a degree in any field of English, any field of Mathematics, or any field of Science, but I can get a certificate in Sacred Music!?
This is where most of the rage lies.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: November 03, 2012, 08:34:30 am »

I have seen degrees offered in surfing, Batman, and Klingon. Heck, a former housemate of mine who now lectures in Law got his PhD by looking at graphical novels as inpiration of real legal frameworks. Whilst I respect him as an intelligent person well read in his chosen field, compared to some of the things I had to do to get my even undergrad qualifications that is a joke.
This is a blank sig.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: November 03, 2012, 10:16:48 am »

DIY?
Or will they just get more flustered.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: November 03, 2012, 10:31:25 am »

Continued surveillance suggests that my roommate is just talking shit and is not actually planning to attack me. He still inexplicably believes I shut off his alarm for no reason, though he appears to at least acknowledge that I deny it even if he thinks I'm lying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: November 03, 2012, 11:05:45 am »

`'``REDACTED``'`
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 10:15:01 am by Mongol13524 »
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: November 03, 2012, 11:13:35 am »

So. Some assholes thought it'd be funny to drop off bags full of trash at the Salvation Army thrift store where I'm volunteering. And we usually can't tell whether a bag is full of trash or donations until we open them. We got a bag full of dirty diapers. GAH.
Oh, I got that all the time working for the fundamentalists. Guess who had to sort through it all.

I'm told to calm down by my parents.

I'd be calmer if they bloody got a wired internet connection for this computer rather than wireless. our router is a piece of crap that can't output a signal constantly, resulting in me losing connection randomly, the wireless internet is really slow, and whenever I turn on the computer or lose connection, I have to restart the rooter.

if my parents want me to stop getting so annoyed, they just need to get a wire and drill a small hole through a wall. not that hard.
I know how you feel. Only in my case, I haven't had internet at all for over a year, and with my crappy USB dongle, I can detect up to three networks nearby, all protected, including the one I used to connect to.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: November 03, 2012, 02:30:36 pm »

So I learned today that Nature is a massive Troll. Guess what? Theres a Nor'easter headed for NYC and New Jersey. With snow. Less then a week after supah' storm Sandy.

Y U HATE US NATURE? GO FUCK OVER THE OIL PEOPLE IN TEXAS, NOT US!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: November 03, 2012, 02:38:51 pm »

My head is so fricken congested right now.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17534 on: November 03, 2012, 02:41:27 pm »

So I learned today that Nature is a massive Troll. Guess what? Theres a Nor'easter headed for NYC and New Jersey. With snow. Less then a week after supah' storm Sandy.

Y U HATE US NATURE? GO FUCK OVER THE OIL PEOPLE IN TEXAS, NOT US!
Them storms? Increasing in occurrence and magnitude because of more water in the ocean. Mother nature is crying at humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 1167 1168 [1169] 1170 1171 ... 3345