Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700239 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17475 on: November 02, 2012, 04:37:30 pm »

Whenever I look at a post I just made and think "Man, I should have used a semicolon there."

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17476 on: November 02, 2012, 04:55:38 pm »

Man, I use semicolons all the time; sometimes I think I might use them a little too often.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17477 on: November 02, 2012, 04:56:48 pm »

I'm; not; quite; sure; if; I'm; doing; it; right.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17478 on: November 02, 2012, 04:57:02 pm »

Semi-colons are neat; I like them.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17479 on: November 02, 2012, 05:21:47 pm »

So. Some assholes thought it'd be funny to drop off bags full of trash at the Salvation Army thrift store where I'm volunteering. And we usually can't tell whether a bag is full of trash or donations until we open them. We got a bag full of dirty diapers. GAH.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17480 on: November 02, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »

Da fuck? That's horrible D:
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17481 on: November 02, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

I'm hoping it was a mistake, and not somebody being actively malevolent.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17482 on: November 02, 2012, 05:29:00 pm »

I'm hoping it was a mistake, and not somebody being actively malevolent.

Would it be against Salvation Army code to kill the bastards?

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17483 on: November 02, 2012, 05:30:52 pm »

I have no clue. I'm just a volunteer. And I'm not likely to get more involved than being a floor clerk in one of their stores. Conflict of beliefs, and all that.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17484 on: November 02, 2012, 05:47:21 pm »

Isn't the Salvation Army's motto "Blood and Fire" or something like that? It involves blood and fire, maybe some steel too. It is an army, after all.

I saw it on a wall plaque at the store near here, anyway.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Poor Snake......Edition
« Reply #17485 on: November 02, 2012, 05:59:48 pm »

When I sit down to eat something and my dog runs up, pawing at me, followed by the cat who tries to eat it out of my hands and finally my brother who whines incessantly, telling me how he wants some of MY food that I took the time to make myself. If I don't give him a quarter, he literally starts crying. My dog won't shut up and my cat is actually all right but is still a nuisance. .-.
Throw a piece to the floor and see who kills the other for the morsel.
I love you. That would be hilarious until my mother killed me. :D
Just blame it on your brother that's what siblings are for, scapegoats!
How old is this kid? Either way, stop with the quarters. It's just reinforcing the bad behavior.
He starts crying until my parents force me to give him them. He's only like 3 or 4 :P
Next time you make food, add a bunch of wasabi or really hot peppers. Problem = solved.
Or that would work, too.
Yes, hot sauce seems to be the solution.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17486 on: November 02, 2012, 06:39:21 pm »

SOFTWARE RAEG.

So a year or so back a friend gave me his company's version of Windows 7 Enterprise burned to a disk, along with the key.

Recently I bought a bigger HDD and installed their copy on it.

Turns out, their MAK had exceeded its allowed number of activations.

I figure, ah well, you dodge around the legalities of software long enough you pay the price eventually. I did the same routine with Windows XP. So I resign myself to the fact $200 of my money is going down the tubes in the name of an OS I own.

So I go to Best Buy. Which I should have known was a  dumb idea. But I go to the software rack and......no Windows 7. So I look at the 3 MOTHERFUCKING SHELVES FULL OF WINDOWS 8 PRODUCTS. And not a SINGLE one of them is an actual full install, they're ALL upgrades. The blue shirt is like "Yeah, lots of people are mad about it." No shit?

So I go across the street to Office Max, which has often had software that Best Buy is too stupid/corrupt to carry. I think it's actually where I bought my copy of XP.

I see a full rack of Windows 7 displays. I take the place holder up to the counter and have a nice little chat with the counter guys about how Windows 7 is so fucking hard to find now, and how fucking LUCKY I am they're still carrying a copy.

10 minutes later a clerk comes out of the back and says "Sorry, I guess we don't have any Windows 7 Home Premiums left. We do have Windows 7 Professional Edition though." I check. It's $40 fucking dollars more expensive. At this point, I'm resigned to just buying it online and waiting several days (luckily I have over 2 weeks left until the end of my current activation, and I have the old OS still installed on my smaller drive.)

As I'm walking out, the same clerk (who doesn't know I've just mentally blown my fucking top) stops me and goes "I guess I don't have Windows 7 Professional in stock either. The only thing I have in stock with an actual disk is Windows 7 Ultimate at $314."

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Fuck you Microsoft. Only fucking hipsters and people with money to set on fucking fire want your stupid, pointless mobile desktop. Fuck you for pulling the plug on the one operating system in the last 5 years people actually like, so you can force us to "approve" Windows 8. You deserve to have another anti-trust lawsuit shoved so far up your ass the text can be seen through your fucking eyeballs. Fuck you Best Buy for dangling from Microsoft's balls like a leech, swaying whichever way they turn. Fuck you Office Depot for having a giant display for shit you don't carry and are never going to carry again.

And mostly, fuck the whole "game" OS versioning has become. Part of me thought that having a job and actual money and trying to use software legitimately was going to be easier than pirating, cracking and subverting the system. NOPE. That part of me is now dead, buried under a mountain of bureaucratic bullshit and greed.

And to boot, I got a no-front-plate ticket today. IN THE PARKING LOT OF MY FUCKING BUILDING. The SOB pulled right in behind me and made me 15 minutes late for work, and gave me a nice $75 ticket for my troubles.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 06:58:57 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17487 on: November 02, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »

Might I suggest getting a pirate discount?

Yar, matey.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17488 on: November 02, 2012, 06:44:09 pm »

Might I suggest getting a pirate discount?

Yar, matey.

No. It'll just leave me in this exact same position x years from now, with a fully installed OS and suite of programs that I can't activate and have to rush around to find a legit copy. Plus, for all the BS, I still like MS updates and security fixes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17489 on: November 02, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »

If the Salvo's went around killing assholes who dump dirty diap nappies on them, I'd volunteer quicksmart. :P

Also, I like how the conversation here went from "ass maths" to "semi-colons" to "dirty dianappies" in such short order...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1164 1165 [1166] 1167 1168 ... 3345