Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700005 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: NERD HERESY Edition
« Reply #17460 on: November 02, 2012, 08:47:55 am »

oh? ass maths?

that sounds fun!

I can fit 16.4 calculators up my ass.

Scientific calculators.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17461 on: November 02, 2012, 08:50:15 am »

GAAAAAAH!

Avira is refusing to install, and saying it's some sort of errorcode 24. searching yielded me one page with another guy with this error, and someone asked him what software he was using, that was it.

Anyone got an alternative free antivirus?
Avast or AVG?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #17462 on: November 02, 2012, 08:53:22 am »

oh? ass maths?

that sounds fun!

Scientific calculators.

But how many are accessible for use in ass-math calculations?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17463 on: November 02, 2012, 08:56:51 am »

oh? ass maths?

that sounds fun!

Scientific calculators.

Two words: Muscular contractions.

Oh yes.  8)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #17464 on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:39 am »

oh? ass maths?

that sounds fun!

Scientific calculators.

Two words: Muscular contractions.

Oh yes.  8)

Err, I may have to post this in the terrifying thread now. Or rather I would if I weren't about to start class.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17465 on: November 02, 2012, 09:26:41 am »

My fucking roommate is accusing me of turning off his alarm, preventing him from waking up for something that apparently has ended in one of his friends getting a parking citation. His whole argument is that "I don't remember turning it off so it obviously must have been you." And he insists it is utterly impossible that he could have turned it off and not remembered. And now he's all "Oh don't worry, some day you'll have to wake up for something....". If this motherfucker messes with my alarm clock there's almost certainly going to be trouble. I'm on my last straw here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17466 on: November 02, 2012, 09:29:01 am »

My fucking roommate is accusing me of turning off his alarm, preventing him from waking up for something that apparently has ended in one of his friends getting a parking citation. His whole argument is that "I don't remember turning it off so it obviously must have been you." And he insists it is utterly impossible that he could have turned it off and not remembered. And now he's all "Oh don't worry, some day you'll have to wake up for something....". If this motherfucker messes with my alarm clock there's almost certainly going to be trouble. I'm on my last straw here.
Maybe it's just his way of saying, "Dont leave me, bro! Come back next semester so we can have more wacky, fun adventures together!"
It's like a buddy movie gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17467 on: November 02, 2012, 09:30:19 am »

He doesn't know I sent off the request, and furthermore, this is a threat. As if I'm scared of him, give me a fucking break.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:37:09 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17468 on: November 02, 2012, 11:45:39 am »

Tripwire your room? Report him?

Anyway, my stepdad is going back to South Carolina, not neccesarily entirely out of concern for my little sister like he claims, but to be with my mother(which he also claims), for a minimum of about the two weeks they're hoping my sister will be there. That means I have to stay home for another two weeks. I've already missed two weeks of work, one from them leaving, and another because of the hurricane.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17469 on: November 02, 2012, 11:49:20 am »

I sent my RA an email. He wants us to all talk later today. I certainly think he's a very diplomatic guy, but I don't know if he can defuse this with my roommate utterly ignoring reality. I'll give it a shot but I expect it to end badly.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17470 on: November 02, 2012, 12:03:00 pm »

If there is an awesome martial arts duel where you ultimately rip out your roommate's throat in a welter of blood, you should totally post the video here. Just saying.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17471 on: November 02, 2012, 02:52:06 pm »

If there is an awesome martial arts duel where you ultimately rip out your roommate's throat in a welter of blood, you should totally post the video here. Just saying.

FATALITY!

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17472 on: November 02, 2012, 03:07:14 pm »

Browser hijacker and/or rootkit on work laptop. Normally the sort of thing that I hand it over to the tech support guys at work for, but its a half term break. Great. 6 hours of geekery ahead.  >:(
Wich one is it?
Babylon?
A few tips:
Superantispyware.
Starter. Make sure it does not run something on boot.

@Greatorder, i use AVG free and it serves me well enough. Apparantly it's a bit bloated tough.

Well, that was a fun 7 and a half hours of top rate nerd fun. 1 rootkit and 647 viruses of varying complexity later my once slow as sin laptop is restored to top notch working order. A combination of manual digging, registry editing, Symantec, MacAfee and ComboFix (which btw I can highly reccomend for all your computer fixing needs) proved too strong for the beasties that got in here. Part of me is thankful that I got the "Google redirect virus" as it prompted me to have a clean out and as a result find all the evil ones well buried. *Smug self satisfied grin*
This is a blank sig.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17473 on: November 02, 2012, 03:18:30 pm »

So, was ComboFix first or last?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17474 on: November 02, 2012, 03:21:05 pm »

Last of all - the rootkit was proving very reluctant to budge so I used it as a bazooka to kill a fly after more orthadox means cleaned out the more trivial stuff.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 ... 1163 1164 [1165] 1166 1167 ... 3345