Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699267 times)

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Scumbag Steve Edition
« Reply #16770 on: October 14, 2012, 11:51:24 am »

"...and that's how I painted my car red."

I don't know about you guys, but have drivers been getting worse over the years? I haven't been driving for particularly long, but I don't remember people being quite as stupid as they are now-a-days.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16771 on: October 14, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »

Almost getting hit at a street crossing, and the bitch driving giving me a dirty look because I have the nerve, nay, audacity to have the legal right-of-way.
Also, that crossing goes from WALK to blinking DON'T WALK in about a second, and it's 4 lanes wide. And that was the safest place to cross.

I never understood why my city flashes the "Walk" sign at the same time it gives cars green light permission to drive through the crosswalks.

It just seems like a bad idea. I've actually been avoiding crosswalks lately, or at least crossing when I'm told to, because every one of my close calls have come from obeying those signs.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16772 on: October 14, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »

Probably a time-saver, which coincidentally is possibly one of the worst reasons for it(just under "trap and kill off some of that pedestrian traffic"). Obviously, it wouldn't be neccessary if there wasn't anyone crossing.

Unfortunately, people don't realize(or don't care) that there are sometimes people crossing. After all, who would win, the person crossing, or the half-ton of plastic, metal, and precious, precious fossil fuel?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16773 on: October 14, 2012, 12:58:01 pm »

Depends on what the courts decide once they get a hold of the hurtling junk heap's controller... and what you'd consider a "victory" :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16774 on: October 14, 2012, 03:55:10 pm »

That's what brown nosing means. Figuratively crawling inside somebody's behind.

Of course if he did it literally...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16775 on: October 14, 2012, 03:58:25 pm »

I think the term comes from the term "butt kissing." Butt kiss too much and your nose would turn brown from being shoved up their behind.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16776 on: October 14, 2012, 09:03:49 pm »

"...and that's how I painted my car red."

I don't know about you guys, but have drivers been getting worse over the years? I haven't been driving for particularly long, but I don't remember people being quite as stupid as they are now-a-days.

This. This so much.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16777 on: October 14, 2012, 09:05:52 pm »

Check to see how many of them are on cell phones.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16778 on: October 14, 2012, 09:20:52 pm »

I'm still counting the days until they start enforcing the no-cell while driving laws. I'm fairly sure it turned illegal down here in florida a few years ago, but there's not been much enforcement, from what I've seen.

In semi-related events, I actually had a roomie when I was getting the bachelors that talking to someone over the phone when the person they were talking to wrecked. Because they were distracted by talking on the phone. So. Yeah.

I'll give even odds we have cell-suppressing devices in vehicles within a decade. Or at least full integration of the hands-off systems. Talking's still bad enough, but it's fiddling with the damn things that is particularly bad. And then there's the ones that text and drive, which is... just mind boggling. But I've seen it happen, and promptly chewed the fuck out of the driver because what the flying hell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16779 on: October 14, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »

I'll give even odds we have cell-suppressing devices in vehicles within a decade.
That's not really viable.
Or at least full integration of the hands-off systems.
This is much more likely.

Anyway, guess why I came to this thread. Go on, guess.

Did you guess "my roommate"? Surprise! You win! (Nothing.)

We're coming back from fall break and he actually managed to put himself in a bad spot before even seeing me. While in the hall he said something to someone else hoping I was here (left his key behind, remember) while calling me something insulting. I didn't here it very well, but I think it was along the lines of "twinkle faggot", an odd thing to call me given I am not gay or even effeminate at all. Then he knocked on the door and asked me to let him in. Having not heard exactly what he called me I wasn't quite angry enough to lock him out, but if I had he'd probably still be begging to be let in right now.

He also gave me a cold before he left, so that makes me angry too. This guy's immune system is utter shit, he catches everything and I live in close quarters so I catch most of it too. No prizes for guessing why his immune system is shot, he's drunk or high all the time and lives like a pig, as previously mentioned. I need to get my flu shot very soon.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16780 on: October 14, 2012, 10:08:10 pm »

Gas shot up something like 70 cents per gallon in the past week. What the hell?! D:<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: October 14, 2012, 10:51:12 pm »

Gas shot up something like 70 cents per gallon in the past week. What the hell?! D:<
Trouble in Libya, Trouble in Syria, Trouble in Iran, Why the hell do you think?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16782 on: October 14, 2012, 10:54:12 pm »

Woo for not driving!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16783 on: October 14, 2012, 10:56:55 pm »

Woo for not driving!

Woo for... Oh. Damn.

Actually, it's a little ironic that America imports so much oil. Because... We've got incredibly oil reserves too... Wierd.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16784 on: October 14, 2012, 11:04:16 pm »

Woo for not driving!

Woo for... Oh. Damn.

Actually, it's a little ironic that America imports so much oil. Because... We've got incredibly oil reserves too... Wierd.
Its ALOT of oil. But actually, the United states is now a net exporter of oil.

BTW, I live in NYC. Yay for not driving!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 3345